The Prisoner

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone been watching this on AMC? It is a "remake" of the 1960's series of the same name. Starting this past Sunday, AMC has been airing 2 1 hour episodes per night and the final 2 are tonight.

The basic premise is that this man resigns his position from a government company, and wakes up shortly thereafter living in the "Village" where he has no knowledge of his identity and only is known as #6 (as all Villagers are known by their numbers). He believes he is someone else, but cant prove it. So the series is set up on the idea of #6 trying to uncover who he is, and fight against the leadership of the village, most noteably #2.

I watched the original series with my father as a kid and totally loved it, and this remake, while different has been great too.

PaloAltoMike

PaloAltoMike

I'm your PAL!
Awards
Sounds interesting. Might have to check it out.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is great if you are into a show where you constantly have to watch. In all honesty, a lost minute or two and it becomes entirely too confusing

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may look into this. I can only keep up with one crazy figure it all out type of story at a time.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I highly recommend it, I would suggest however trying to get a hold of the first episode and start there

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope. It comes on at the same time as the WWII-HD special. I've seen the original, though.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
welcome back Fin. As a history teacher I respect your choice :lol:, however this show thus far is killer

PaloAltoMike

PaloAltoMike

I'm your PAL!
Awards
It is great if you are into a show where you constantly have to watch. In all honesty, a lost minute or two and it becomes entirely too confusing
Now it definitely looks like a show I could get into.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dozed off on Sunday night, and had to search the net for what happened, as I knew (based on the first one) that I was gonna be lost.

Last night was great too, and from my understanding the finale at 9pm is going to be a mind bender. Looks like there will be a second village.

I used to love in the first one where #6 would always question where he was and the discourse went like this

6: Where am I
2: in the village
6: wheres the village?
2: in the town
6: wheres the town?
2: in the city
6: wheres the city?
2: In the village

PaloAltoMike

PaloAltoMike

I'm your PAL!
Awards
I dozed off on Sunday night, and had to search the net for what happened, as I knew (based on the first one) that I was gonna be lost.

Last night was great too, and from my understanding the finale at 9pm is going to be a mind bender. Looks like there will be a second village.

I used to love in the first one where #6 would always question where he was and the discourse went like this

6: Where am I
2: in the village
6: wheres the village?
2: in the town
6: wheres the town?
2: in the city
6: wheres the city?
2: In the village
Now where have I seen that loop before....?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fantastic friggin ending :woohoo:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a ****ing waste!!!!! I watched 6 hours of that **** last night and didn't get to bed until 1am... They got too wrapped up in trying to be too much with no explanation. what the ****!!!!

I hate you for recommending this and wish you a life filled with a thousand crotch crickets.