Reverse, no not that one, this... - AnabolicMinds.com

Reverse, no not that one, this...

  1. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    18663

    Reputation

    Reverse, no not that one, this...


    If you could put your life in reverse or go back 5, 10, or 20 years, would you?

    And, in your honest opinion, what would you change and would it be worth it?
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---

  2. I'm your PAL!
    PaloAltoMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Depends on a few things. Would I remember everything that occurred those years I'm choosing to reverse? If not, I'm not sure much would change for me. I would still make most of the same decisions as I do not really remember making too many terrible choices.
  3. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoMike View Post
    Depends on a few things. Would I remember everything that occurred those years I'm choosing to reverse? If not, I'm not sure much would change for me. I would still make most of the same decisions as I do not really remember making too many terrible choices.
    My question as well. If I reversed it, but still didn't know then what I know now, it really wouldn't matter. I'd probably make the same dumb decisions...but if I made a poor decision and knew about it. then I'd probably make a different choice the second time around.

    Yes, I would reverse it. The main change I would have made would have been to join the military immediately following high school. That's really the only big change I'd make.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    18663

    Reputation

    Many things I would change if i knew....one, i definitely had a bad relationship around age 19-22 that I am sure I would not have nearly killed myself over, not literally but in terms of running around state to state trying to keep up with this chick.

    The whole time she was sexing another guy...

    Worst thing was that she was telling me stories of this "friend" that she had who was in a torn relationship with this "guy from the military" and a boxer...wow!

    When I finally found out the military guy was supposed to be me and the boxer was this bodybuilder guy from atlanta, in the stories, and I thought back about what she had been telling me for the past 16 months, I nearly went insane.

    Imagine the love of your life telling you all these things about some friend and two other guys and finding out the whole time she was talking about you, herself, and the guy she was cheating with.....imagine the shyyyyt that she told me. Then when I thought about the damn advice I was giving her to tell her friend and finally realizing I was giving her advice about what to do concerning ME, her, and her cheat mate!!

    I lost 5 years of my life due to depression after that debacle. I didn't break out of that slump until around 26. From 19 to 26, most of those "GREAT" times that everyone lived, I lived stuck in a room...
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  5. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Power
    12046

    Reputation

    Theres a lot of things in my Early Childhood id go back and change around 7th or 8th grade im currently 22 Right now but there still prominent today i made some changes that really afected my high school life missed out on some opportunites so id say ya id like to go back 10 years for sure dont want to go in too much detail as its personal but if i could remember what i would do differently i dont know a person that wouldnt want to go back and change something.
  6. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    18663

    Reputation

    It's always odd to realize how much taking a left vs taking a right turn can change the course of what is to come ....
  7. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Many things I would change if i knew....one, i definitely had a bad relationship around age 19-22 that I am sure I would not have nearly killed myself over, not literally but in terms of running around state to state trying to keep up with this chick.

    The whole time she was sexing another guy...

    Worst thing was that she was telling me stories of this "friend" that she had who was in a torn relationship with this "guy from the military" and a boxer...wow!

    When I finally found out the military guy was supposed to be me and the boxer was this bodybuilder guy from atlanta, in the stories, and I thought back about what she had been telling me for the past 16 months, I nearly went insane.

    Imagine the love of your life telling you all these things about some friend and two other guys and finding out the whole time she was talking about you, herself, and the guy she was cheating with.....imagine the shyyyyt that she told me. Then when I thought about the damn advice I was giving her to tell her friend and finally realizing I was giving her advice about what to do concerning ME, her, and her cheat mate!!

    I lost 5 years of my life due to depression after that debacle. I didn't break out of that slump until around 26. From 19 to 26, most of those "GREAT" times that everyone lived, I lived stuck in a room...
    Its a hardknock life.

    (see what I did thar)
  8. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    I made a ton of stupid decisions and if I could go back do it all over again I'd do it all over the same way cause i had a blast at the time
    Back.... for real this time
  9. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Power
    12046

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    It's always odd to realize how much taking a left vs taking a right turn can change the course of what is to come ....
    The descion to make a left or right at the time only seems like a few feets but really down the road you see where you went wrong cause instead of being a few feet of your miles off. Basically what im saying is you dont realize the small mistakes you made that really altered your life till later down the road.
  10. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    The descion to make a left or right at the time only seems like a few feets but really down the road you see where you went wrong cause instead of being a few feet of your miles off. Basically what im saying is you dont realize the small mistakes you made that really altered your life till later down the road.
    Even down the road I don't think you necessarily know. Has anyone even seen the movie "Butterfly Effect"?

    Essentially, what you thought was a horrible mistake at the time, like for example smashing the bumper of mom's car into a tree the first time you tried to drive, may have actually saved your mom's life cause she couldn't drive the car while it was in the shop and thus she never got hit by that truck.

    I mean I'm creating an insane example but you get the point. You could go back and change some "mistake" you made only to realize that something more tragic happened because you didn't make that mistake. Don't live in the past. Mistakes are part of life. You got to just move forward.
    Back.... for real this time
  11. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Power
    12046

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Even down the road I don't think you necessarily know. Has anyone even seen the movie "Butterfly Effect"?

    Essentially, what you thought was a horrible mistake at the time, like for example smashing the bumper of mom's car into a tree the first time you tried to drive, may have actually saved your mom's life cause she couldn't drive the car while it was in the shop and thus she never got hit by that truck.

    I mean I'm creating an insane example but you get the point. You could go back and change some "mistake" you made only to realize that something more tragic happened because you didn't make that mistake. Don't live in the past. Mistakes are part of life. You got to just move forward.
    That is so true i mean i can say o i wish i could change something but i dont know where id be now if i did. I guess if you believe in stuff like Destiny and stuff like that everything happens for a reason, but granted theres stew a few minor things that i think back i could change and if wouldnt have much effect. But at the end of the day we did what we did and we have to live with it and currently im just fine the way i am.
  12. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    That is so true i mean i can say o i wish i could change something but i dont know where id be now if i did. I guess if you believe in stuff like Destiny and stuff like that everything happens for a reason, but granted theres stew a few minor things that i think back i could change and if wouldnt have much effect. But at the end of the day we did what we did and we have to live with it and currently im just fine the way i am.
    yeah bro you know what they say - "Live for today becuase yesterday is gone, and tommorow may never come."
    Back.... for real this time
  13. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ya I wish I could start back say 7th grade. Hell maybe even before that and just completely move away from this town and completely change the WHOLE course of my life completely.
  14. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1234

    Reputation

    1) Would've paid all those parking tickets.
    2) Wouldn't have thrown my shoe at that judge.
    3) Wouldn't have told my 6'4" cell mate he was a wuss.
    That got out of hand fast.


    Just being humorous,.. sorry!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  15. New Member
    Chops89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Never. I have no regrets. It's impossible to know what my life would be like now if I had made a different choice in a past situation, no matter how ****ty that decision made my life at the time. In the long run, changing something could have lead to a worse life or even my own death. All I know is that I'm doing pretty well right now, so why wish things to be different? It's the "butterfly effect" as CrazyChemist said.
  16. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Power
    12046

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    yeah bro you know what they say - "Live for today becuase yesterday is gone, and tommorow may never come."
    What an insiprational saying that seems like signature material. I wish i thought of that
  17. Senior Member
    GuyverX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    1776

    Reputation

    1. would have gotten the vasectomy earlier. long story.
    2. would have married my high school/first year of college sweetheart.
    the only woman I have met who got 'me' and was the temper to my blade.
    3.would have actually focused in school and studied an area I actually enjoyed instead of getting degrees that got saturated in the job market a year or two after grad.
    4. would have stayed out of the streets.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  18. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Would have whooped the living shat out of my best friend growing up the first time he ever tried drugs. It really makes me sad thinking about how things are for him now.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Reverse?
    By Nate101 in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 05:18 PM
  2. Reverse?
    By chriswhat in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 09:25 PM
  3. ETA on Reverse
    By eros62d in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
  4. I think I got reverse NPA for men...
    By norm2k in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in