H1N1

1. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

H1N1

Did any of you catch this ****? I got sick about month ago, spent a week in bed and I thought I was over it. Until my lungs started giving me problems. First they put me on antibiotics, thinking it's bronchitis, then after it didn't work they put me on prednisone. Basically I have lung capacity of a 2 year old...

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.72%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

hope your ok !!!!

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  3. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yea, I'll be fine. It's gonna take another 4-6 weeks to completely recover, but I'll be fine. At least I didn't die. That's good
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Did they confirm h1n1 via bloodwork?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.44%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

I work in an emergency room and I caught h1n1, confirmed by nasal swab, because I was exposed to a patient with it it became a work comp claim. This meant that instead of resting and taking fluids I had to go to our sister hospital's emergency room(the crappiest by the way) and wait for hours to be told that I have it, and that I can't work until I dont have it. As far as symptoms go though it wasn't too bad, it just feels worse because of all of the bull**** workcomp paperwork and waiting I was forced to go through.
  6. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.84%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Take care Dmitry!
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    I work in an emergency room and I caught h1n1, confirmed by nasal swab, because I was exposed to a patient with it it became a work comp claim. This meant that instead of resting and taking fluids I had to go to our sister hospital's emergency room(the crappiest by the way) and wait for hours to be told that I have it, and that I can't work until I dont have it. As far as symptoms go though it wasn't too bad, it just feels worse because of all of the bull**** workcomp paperwork and waiting I was forced to go through.
    thats odd.. I work in a ER aswell and what we have been doing since everyone and their mother has come in saying they have symptoms is we xray the chest to check for pneumonia and if the chest xray is clear we send them home and tell them to rest and take fluids. Only people getting checked are people that test positive for pneumonia and thats because they get admitted and blood work is done.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. I'm your PAL!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.79%

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    Yea, I'll be fine. It's gonna take another 4-6 weeks to completely recover, but I'll be fine. At least I didn't die. That's good
    Not dying is always a good sign. Hope you are recovering nicely.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%

my friend was running a test e cycle with a SD kick start gained about 19lbs then lost 12 of them to the swine flu lol. he is SO pissed
  10. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoMike View Post
    Not dying is always a good sign. Hope you are recovering nicely.
    I'm getting better little by little. I went skiing yesterday and it was pretty hard, had to stop many times because I was out of breath and then on the way back going down from the mountain I got such a terrible sinus headache, I had to pull over and sit on my car for two hours to feel a little better. Four ibuprofen didn't help much. Tried to Google once I got home but found nothing. Rapid change in latitude may be?
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%

Man I caught some bull****,i'm not sure if its h1n1, but i have all the flu like symptoms, was tested for influenza but havent heard back from the doc, headache, neck pain cold..feelings like im crawling out of my skin..funny though I went and worked out my 2nd day sick and hit a bench press PR lol then threw up..so pissed man i just started a stack too, im popping advils t-boosters, alkaseltzers lol
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.79%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    thats odd.. I work in a ER aswell and what we have been doing since everyone and their mother has come in saying they have symptoms is we xray the chest to check for pneumonia and if the chest xray is clear we send them home and tell them to rest and take fluids. Only people getting checked are people that test positive for pneumonia and thats because they get admitted and blood work is done.
    Same deal at the hospital I work at. They only test for H1N1 under certain circumstances. He did go in about a month ago, that is most likely before they stopped testing.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.72%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    I'm getting better little by little. I went skiing yesterday and it was pretty hard, had to stop many times because I was out of breath and then on the way back going down from the mountain I got such a terrible sinus headache, I had to pull over and sit on my car for two hours to feel a little better. Four ibuprofen didn't help much. Tried to Google once I got home but found nothing. Rapid change in latitude may be?
    glad your feeling better and glad you didnt die !!! get the shot, I am contemplating it but i have to think it over, ( allergy to eggs, cant get the reg flu shot)..... someone some where will give me the shot....LOL going to the doctor monday and asking if i get it in 4-5 low doses if i can do it,.......i to work at the hospital although psych, were still getting H1N1 cases...

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  14. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

im sure as hell not gettig the shot... And I deal with people coughing and sneezing all day long.. The flu is only deadly to people with weak immune systems. If you are healthy and get the fluid, get rest, stay hydrated, you will reover fine just like any other flu.. this swine nonsense is getting blown waaayyy outa poportion IMO
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.75%

50mg of Zinc everday.............
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.79%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    im sure as hell not gettig the shot... And I deal with people coughing and sneezing all day long.. The flu is only deadly to people with weak immune systems. If you are healthy and get the fluid, get rest, stay hydrated, you will reover fine just like any other flu.. this swine nonsense is getting blown waaayyy outa poportion IMO
    If you do get the vaccine make sure its the shot. The nasal spray has been making a lot of people sick.
  17. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
    50mg of Zinc everday.............
    there was actually a study done that showed vitamin D helped alot and suggested that you supplement with it to strengthen your immune system... if you want I can find the article

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
  2. h1n1 article compilation
    By dsade in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 09:13 AM