Anyone ever taken the LSAT?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
just curious if anyone has taken it, and/or has any tips from what they remember. I take it in December.

Thanks.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
bump because most people are off now...

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
just curious if anyone has taken it, and/or has any tips from what they remember. I take it in December.

Thanks.
Sure I have taken it.... and I will first ask you why you want to go to Law School? Before the tips on the test (which the only real tip I can give you is take as many practice tests as possible). Have you worked at a law office before?

Mr.50

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
yes, my aunt is a lawyer. learned a little, really really like all the details and fine lines, and circumstances and arguing/persuading. really I love rules, and making them be what they need to be.

I have two chances to take the lsat before I apply to schools, I really am in need of a 165 on this test. I have four books with over 25 tests in them.

are you currently a lawyer?

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
yes, my aunt is a lawyer. learned a little, really really like all the details and fine lines, and circumstances and arguing/persuading. really I love rules, and making them be what they need to be.

I have two chances to take the lsat before I apply to schools, I really am in need of a 165 on this test. I have four books with over 25 tests in them.

If you have some questions you can feel free to shoot me a PM, im just about to graduate from law school and have worked in a firm for a year and a half, its not much but i can at least give you some input

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Yes, 10 years out. I only ask because there are many people who have no idea what its reeally like to practice and get sold on the idea that "there are tons of things you can do with a law degree".......which there are if you have other experience to go with it.

I think a 165 is a good goal......pretty high but good. The practice tests are the best bet. Not much else was useful from the Kaplan prep course back in the day (not sure if there is something more too it now). Back then the best reason to take the course was that was really the only way to get access to the old tests. If you have tests then take them all. Start just working on them and reading all the answers after. Then start to time yourself. Timing yourself makes a big difference. Also make sure you take at least 1 if not 2 fully timed practice tests before you take the real exam.

Mr.50