Law Abiding Citizen

B

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whether you agree with his actions or not Gerald Butler message in his movie hit the nail on the head. If more Americans had balls like this movie did especially are elected officials America would be a better place. I have come to a point being ex-military myself, that the only Americans left are in the Military. I'm not saying they are the only ones but the ones that I and everyone should respect. God bless those serving and those true Americans left.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What? Next time you list a movie in the title you better better have a ****ing review!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
The movie was completely unrealistic and contrived. I think the demographic they were appealing to started this thread. Gerard Butler, basically, becomes a vigilante/serial-murderer/terrorist after he felt that he was wronged by the judicial system. Think: Batman meets Silence of the Lambs meets crap. Wait for the DVD or skip this one altogether.

rammy222

rammy222

Awards
Gotta agree with OP. Like in the court scene when the judge said he wasnt at flight risk and said he could go or w.e, got me thinking how so many people get away like that in real life. Personally i liked the movie.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I liked the movie too. It was a good "guy" movie if nothing else.

B

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The movie was completely unrealistic and contrived. I think the demographic they were appealing to started this thread. Gerard Butler, basically, becomes a vigilante/serial-murderer/terrorist after he felt that he was wronged by the judicial system. Think: Batman meets Silence of the Lambs meets crap. Wait for the DVD or skip this one altogether.
Thanks for being the first person to prove my point.... Not many AMERICANS left.... do us a favor and move to France....

Oh, and the Batman analogy was pathetic and shows your lack of any intelligence or higher thought.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whether you agree with his actions or not Gerald Butler message in his movie hit the nail on the head. If more Americans had balls like this movie did especially are elected officials America would be a better place. I have come to a point being ex-military myself, that the only Americans left are in the Military. I'm not saying they are the only ones but the ones that I and everyone should respect. God bless those serving and those true Americans left.
The review of the movie aside; your statement is pretty much for a lack of a better word "stupid". As a believer in God, you're removing any and all requests for blessings from those not from America? I'm prior military and I can tell you from first hand experience that honor, integrity, intestinal fortitude, loyalty and moral courage isn't automatically bestowed upon those who wear camouflage. Respect the act and the sacrifice, when it is made. if the "balls" you are referring to actually took place in the manner of this movie it would be delt with by the same groups of people you're giving Godly blessings to.

Being wronged sucks.
Wanting to take revenge to right those wrongs is normal.
Killing anyone and everyone in your way isn't.
Realizing the difference between an action movie designed to make money and actions that are proper in real life is priceless...

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for being the first person to prove my point.... Not many AMERICANS left.... do us a favor and move to France....

Oh, and the Batman analogy was pathetic and shows your lack of any intelligence or higher thought.
Are you the Executive Producer? What do you care if I liked it or not? Because I didn't like a sucky movie, I'm not American? Do ME a favor and go **** yourself.

Oh and the Batman analogy is due to the fact that the character was a super-smart wealthy vigilante that crawled around in caves and tunnels to keep his secrets and make him appear to be more than an ordinary man. YOUR lack of intelligence is what prevented you from connecting the dots. Would you consider Tim McVeigh "ballsy" and the type of "American" we should emulate? Actually, don't even answer because I don't give a ****.

B

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The movie was about are ducked up legal system, period. Change isn't always peaceful. How many British were killed so America could be born. And Jay you did he kill that was innocent? I didn't see him kill any innocent people, if he had killed Jamie fox family that would have been wrong, but he didn't. As for not everone in the Military being American I agree I was being vague, and serving is a sacrice. I also judge based on character if you have the values of America I could care less what religion, color you are. Good deads, being a good person us what I care about. Having the courage to do something to make a positive change is good. Timithoy was a ****ed up psycho, and go **** yourself for thinking I approve.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The movie was about are ducked up legal system, period. Change isn't always peaceful. How many British were killed so America could be born. And Jay you did he kill that was innocent? I didn't see him kill any innocent people, if he had killed Jamie fox family that would have been wrong, but he didn't. As for not everone in the Military being American I agree I was being vague, and serving is a sacrice. I also judge based on character if you have the values of America I could care less what religion, color you are. Good deads, being a good person us what I care about. Having the courage to do something to make a positive change is good. Timithoy was a ****ed up psycho, and go **** yourself for thinking I approve.
Dude forget that, was the movie any good? The action scenes, realistic? The delivery of character lines? realistic? Were the lines 'generic' or original?

How was the actual directing? Sound quality? over tones, double overs?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some of the people with highest moral character were in the military with me. Also, some of the LOWEST...and I mean absolute scum. Obviously, using the word SOME denotes that the rest of the people with high and low moral character were NOT in the military.

Sterotypes are stereotypical.

Imagine that...life is not black and white.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
X2 couldn't have said it better
But...there's such a fine example of one of these high moral military members on the news right now.

/inflammatory

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being wronged sucks.
Realizing the difference between an action movie designed to make money and actions that are proper in real life is priceless...
couldn't have been put better

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Anybody here watch Dexter?
Damn , not yet man but I hear great things . My buddy spends all his disposable income on DVDs , particularly TV series , I just finished the last season of WEEDS and am currently running through the SUPERNATURAL set . DEXTER is next on my list for certain .

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I liked it, but it certainly wasnt the godfather. All the actors played their roles well, and butler did a fine job with what he had to work with, I felt extreme pity, disgust, outrage and empathy, for his character, but clearly his character was nuts, and even though I thought it was a cool movie, it was ofcourse totally unrealistic, and it certainly did outline many problems with the legal system by shoving them in your face, but bottomline, it didnt really have a message, it was just another "revenge" flick, it was just a movie after all.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried to watch Dexter, watched a couple episodes of season 1 and then quit.. Anyone watch heores?? That is the shiznit!!!!

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
A couple of buddies of mine liked the movie.
But I still have 2012,Paranormal Activity and Ninja Assasin on my list of must sees so I will
get this one on DVD when it comes out.

The thing about vigilante vengeance is that it is up to the whims of the wronged.
I know a woman who almost killed her husband because some neighbor brought him a fathers day gift. the reason he did not die is because there were no bullets in the gun when she fired.
She said it was disrespectful for the woman to have come to ring the doorbell and openly give the gift.
Yet she actually caught the guy with other women before and after that situation
and accepted it... WTF

The justice system is not perfect. But its all we have until someone comes up with a better idea or the quality of people improves in general.
To plagiarize Dsade, there are some generally good people, some generally bad ones, and some in between.
And any system created will be a mixture of those types.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Being wronged sucks.
And for everything else, there's Mastercard.

I'm waiting for the DVD on this one. I like Gerard Butler overall as an actor, but the preview for this seemed like it was going to be too over the top. I'd be much more interested in seeing a movie about someone realistically taking on an out of control justice system. Say, putting an over reaching federal prosecutor in his place, or getting some jack ass judge who sentences repeat kiddy slurpers to less than a year kicked off the bench, **** like that.

As for the military being the last bastion of true Americans, that prick who pulled the Fort Hood massacre off was military. Doesn't seem like what I'd call an ideal American though. If he had filed a lawsuit rather than going on a shooting spree, that would have made him a real American.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
And for everything else, there's Mastercard.

I'm waiting for the DVD on this one. I like Gerard Butler overall as an actor, but the preview for this seemed like it was going to be too over the top. I'd be much more interested in seeing a movie about someone realistically taking on an out of control justice system. Say, putting an over reaching federal prosecutor in his place, or getting some jack ass judge who sentences repeat kiddy slurpers to less than a year kicked off the bench, **** like that.

As for the military being the last bastion of true Americans, that prick who pulled the Fort Hood massacre off was military. Doesn't seem like what I'd call an ideal American though. If he had filed a lawsuit rather than going on a shooting spree, that would have made him a real American.
He counseled soldiers who have been injured in Iraq and he was going to be deployed as well. They say he went "nut job" basically. Imagine that? Well, it is easy to imagine especially if you are a psychiatrist and have heard of the things that go on during the stint. I couldn't imagine being the counselor and after hearing years of stories, bam, I am headed there as well....

It didn't surprise me to say the least that someone would do that, especially after learning that they were going to be deployed. I had a buddy of mine actually fake being crazy when he learned he was going to Iraq. Dude ate his own feces and the whole nine yards...he's locked up in the funny farm right now.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
He counseled soldiers who have been injured in Iraq and he was going to be deployed as well.
From what I understand he was counseling them before deployment, not after. Be that as it may, there's no rash of military counselers/psychs going ape**** and shooting into crowds of innocent people, so he's a prick either way.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i agree, but he counseled them before and after is what they were saying today.

I can´t say that I agree with what he did but I know that the mind can force you into doing amazing things both superb and pathetically ignorant, to down right evil and sadistic.

We´d be surprised what our next door neighbor is doing up at 2 in the morning. Well, I wouldn't be surprised, not anymore since what happened to me over the summer.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
What's the general view here on this prick: terrorist or not? I personally find the way many media outlets try to downplay the Muslim angle ridiculous, but despite his religion and/or who he may have tried to contact in Al Qeda, I don't consider this guy a terrorist. The label implies too much organization and deliberation to me, whereas this guy was just a nut job in my view.

PaloAltoMike

PaloAltoMike

I'm your PAL!
Awards
Man this thread jumped topics pretty quickly, from a terrible movie to current events. :01:

I guess that means that the movie was to terrible to talk about for even more than 5 posts...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Man this thread jumped topics pretty quickly, from a terrible movie to current events. :01:

I guess that means that the movie was to terrible to talk about for even more than 5 posts...
Probably.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd go with nutjob who was probably a **** hair away from being a Terrorist. To me, if his last name and religion were out of the story it would just be mass murder. I think he tried to justify a lot of things and ended up, for whatever reason, a murderer.

Had he blown himself up or makes the statement at some point on his reasoning then I'd say terrorist.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd go with nutjob who was probably a **** hair away from being a Terrorist. To me, if his last name and religion were out of the story it would just be mass murder. I think he tried to justify a lot of things and ended up, for whatever reason, a murderer.

Had he blown himself up or makes the statement at some point on his reasoning then I'd say terrorist.
Initial reports are that he did this in protest for the discriminations and treatment against "muslims" by the military.

When I was in there, this was the one area (besides sexual harrassment) that would have gotten anyone up to General busted in 5 seconds flat.

BostonFan

BostonFan

Awards
I thought the movie was good up until the end. What a waste of a movie at that point

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just holding my judgement of terrorist until everything is confirmed and not just everyone speaking on "condition of anonymity". To me the difference between the two are pretty much none since the end result is the same. I only hold off on the label since I would like it to not slide the slippery slope of meaningless jargon. That and so it doesn't become a red era term used on anyone regardless of actual fact of events.