Ran my 1st Marathon!! 26.2 miles for my B-day

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This last Sunday I ran the Marine Corps Marathon for my birthday. All 26.2 miles through out Washington, DC. It started at Arlington Cemetery and finished at the Iwo Jima memorial, where a Marine Corps Lieutenant awards you your finishers medal. I was hurting like a mofo that night, but have recovered quite nicely since. I'm glad I did it and will def do another one. If anyone is thinking of running one I say GO FOR IT!!! ... and at mile marker 19 when life is sucking and your body is saying WTF??? just remember "Be Hard When It's Hard"

Attachments

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanx man

KrissJ

KrissJ

Awards
Well done! Running a marathon is hardcore. Did you train for long for it?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well done! Running a marathon is hardcore. Did you train for long for it?
To be honest, I did not train for it. At least not specifically. I can not emphasize how important training for it is. It makes a huge difference. I plan on running another sometime in the spring and I will def train for it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Congratz bud!!

i'm just 15mins in the door from doing 3.2miles and i'm pooped! It's getting a lot easier as the days go on though!

KrissJ

KrissJ

Awards
To be honest, I did not train for it. At least not specifically. I can not emphasize how important training for it is. It makes a huge difference. I plan on running another sometime in the spring and I will def train for it.
Hat's off to you. Even in my athletics days long distance running was always my least favourite thing in training, which is why marathon running always really impresses me. One of my friends is training for a half marathon he's doing very soon and he's been talking about how hard it is. And you ran twice as far! I'm glad I'm laying down; I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congratz bud!!

i'm just 15mins in the door from doing 3.2miles and i'm pooped! It's getting a lot easier as the days go on though!
Keep it up bro

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hat's off to you. Even in my athletics days long distance running was always my least favourite thing in training, which is why marathon running always really impresses me. One of my friends is training for a half marathon he's doing very soon and he's been talking about how hard it is. And you ran twice as far! I'm glad I'm laying down; I'm getting tired just thinking about it!
Ha, yeah, too be honest I don't really enjoy running, but it doesn't have to be fun to be fun.