Ran my 1st Marathon!! 26.2 miles for my B-day

  1. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Ran my 1st Marathon!! 26.2 miles for my B-day


    This last Sunday I ran the Marine Corps Marathon for my birthday. All 26.2 miles through out Washington, DC. It started at Arlington Cemetery and finished at the Iwo Jima memorial, where a Marine Corps Lieutenant awards you your finishers medal. I was hurting like a mofo that night, but have recovered quite nicely since. I'm glad I did it and will def do another one. If anyone is thinking of running one I say GO FOR IT!!! ... and at mile marker 19 when life is sucking and your body is saying WTF??? just remember "Be Hard When It's Hard"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Kudos to you for completing it!
  3. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Thanx man
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    KrissJ's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    98

    Well done! Running a marathon is hardcore. Did you train for long for it?
  5. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Quote Originally Posted by KrissJ View Post
    Well done! Running a marathon is hardcore. Did you train for long for it?
    To be honest, I did not train for it. At least not specifically. I can not emphasize how important training for it is. It makes a huge difference. I plan on running another sometime in the spring and I will def train for it.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. Registered User
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Power
    49679

    Congratz bud!!

    i'm just 15mins in the door from doing 3.2miles and i'm pooped! It's getting a lot easier as the days go on though!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  7. Registered User
    KrissJ's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    98

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    To be honest, I did not train for it. At least not specifically. I can not emphasize how important training for it is. It makes a huge difference. I plan on running another sometime in the spring and I will def train for it.
    Hat's off to you. Even in my athletics days long distance running was always my least favourite thing in training, which is why marathon running always really impresses me. One of my friends is training for a half marathon he's doing very soon and he's been talking about how hard it is. And you ran twice as far! I'm glad I'm laying down; I'm getting tired just thinking about it!
  8. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Congratz bud!!

    i'm just 15mins in the door from doing 3.2miles and i'm pooped! It's getting a lot easier as the days go on though!
    Keep it up bro
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  9. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Quote Originally Posted by KrissJ View Post
    Hat's off to you. Even in my athletics days long distance running was always my least favourite thing in training, which is why marathon running always really impresses me. One of my friends is training for a half marathon he's doing very soon and he's been talking about how hard it is. And you ran twice as far! I'm glad I'm laying down; I'm getting tired just thinking about it!
    Ha, yeah, too be honest I don't really enjoy running, but it doesn't have to be fun to be fun.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Registered User
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,261
    Rep Power
    362734

    You got heart. Congrats.
  11. Registered User
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    79219

    thats great

    TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  12. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    thats great

    TC

    Thanx TC.

    ps that's a nice Kettle Bell you got there, those are some of my fave workouts.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Deserts, Mountains, Muscles and Miles
    By atrain11b in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
  3. Supplements for a long hike (all day 17 miles)
    By TheNinja in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 06:15 PM
  4. Frequent Shopper Miles!
    By TheMyth in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in