What do BBers do the the week b4 contest?

  1. New Member
    bigbadboss101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    59.82%

    What do BBers do the the week b4 contest?


    What do competitors do the week b4 contest?  Let me tell you what I am getting at.  A bunch of us will be going to a 'retreat' this weekend and we want to look good in bathing suits.  BBer's I think cut carb until the day b4, and then load up?  Is that correct?  I want to get the pumped, non-bloated look.  Exercise wise I went Monday, and plan to go Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

  2. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Well, I can only give you an idea of what I did before my show last september.. Maybe it'll be usefull for yuh!

    The week before showtime:

    1. Carbs are low, maybe at 80g the first two days,(Sunday and Monday).. This is a slow drop over a set amount of weeks, so getting it right the first time is key.. I used Lean Mass Matrix by Prolab since it has 40g. carbs from oat flour and milled brown rice,(slow digesting carbs, or low-glycemic)

    2. I posed for 2 hours a day, before breakfast.. The constant tension you go thru doing this will work up a good sweat, and it also helps the muscle stand out abit more because you can control them to pop out at anytime... THAT muscle is your choice to flex or not..

    3. The final 3 days are solely for water-loss, and carbs should be less than 60g.. Tapering off your carbs this way, while increasing water intake, will dry out your physique quickly, and without sacrificing volume.. Use a simple water pill like Taraxatone... Just stack it with extra Dandelion root, it's a cheap herb, maybe $5 at Vitamin World.. Dandelion has natural-occurring potassium, which will help draw the water into the muscle more, and shed the subcutaneous stuff from your abs..

    4. Get a tube of Preparation H Coolong Gel.. Make sure it's the Cooling Gel or you'll smell like dead fish.. There's cod oil in regular Prep-H.. The main ingredient in the "gel" is a vasoconstricter, it will tighten the skin, and force liquid outward.. You will sweat abit where you apply it, so carefull having this stuff in your hand..

     

    Ok, abit long-winded.. Let me know if it's abit much for you..
  3. New Member
    DarCSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    52.35%

    Originally posted by bigpetefox
    Well, I can only give you an idea of what I did before my show last september.. Maybe it'll be usefull for yuh!

    The week before showtime:

    1. Carbs are low, maybe at 80g the first two days,(Sunday and Monday).. This is a slow drop over a set amount of weeks, so getting it right the first time is key.. I used Lean Mass Matrix by Prolab since it has 40g. carbs from oat flour and milled brown rice,(slow digesting carbs, or low-glycemic)

    2. I posed for 2 hours a day, before breakfast.. The constant tension you go thru doing this will work up a good sweat, and it also helps the muscle stand out abit more because you can control them to pop out at anytime... THAT muscle is your choice to flex or not..

    3. The final 3 days are solely for water-loss, and carbs should be less than 60g.. Tapering off your carbs this way, while increasing water intake, will dry out your physique quickly, and without sacrificing volume.. Use a simple water pill like Taraxatone... Just stack it with extra Dandelion root, it's a cheap herb, maybe $5 at Vitamin World.. Dandelion has natural-occurring potassium, which will help draw the water into the muscle more, and shed the subcutaneous stuff from your abs..

    4. Get a tube of Preparation H Coolong Gel.. Make sure it's the Cooling Gel or you'll smell like dead fish.. There's cod oil in regular Prep-H.. The main ingredient in the "gel" is a vasoconstricter, it will tighten the skin, and force liquid outward.. You will sweat abit where you apply it, so carefull having this stuff in your hand..

     

    Ok, abit long-winded.. Let me know if it's abit much for you..
    I believe you are the most qualified to answer this thread Pete. Thanks for helping him out man.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bigbadboss101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    59.82%

    thanks for the great info.  Will give that a shot.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7017

    Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    BBer's I think cut carb until the day b4, and then load up?  Is that correct?  I want to get the pumped, non-bloated look. 
    They eat everything they can find thats a high GI food the day before until around 5'ish. THen they they taper down and the water drops and mucsles fill.

    I actually just saw that show on A&E and they showed what Titus eats the day before Mr. Olympia. It was nuts. He eats muffins, pop tarts, sweet rolls, you name it.....His hotel room was full of junkfood. Was kind of funny looking considering what he was doing there.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Re: Re: What do BBers do the the week b4 contest?


    Originally posted by Bobo


    They eat everything they can find thats a high GI food the day before until around 5'ish. THen they they taper down and the water drops and mucsles fill.

    I actually just saw that show on A&E and they showed what Titus eats the day before Mr. Olympia. It was nuts. He eats muffins, pop tarts, sweet rolls, you name it.....His hotel room was full of junkfood. Was kind of funny looking considering what he was doing there.
    Good point, only that he was doing so while most likely stacking something like insulin, or glucophage.. Pros have it easy, I tell ya..
  7. New Member
    The Answer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    63.57%

    Hey Pete,
    I respect your point of view...actually you taught me a couple things with the Prep-H. I will definitely have to try this one out. I have 3 shows coming this year, so I'll let you know how the H-H works.

    But, I am against water pills. I wanted to dry out so I tried water pills and I got so f'n flat. I was just pissed . I guess if its a weekend excursion, getting flat won't be a major issue, but when it comes to stepping on stage, it can be disasterous!!!!!!

    I think its one of those situations where everyones different.
    TA
  8. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Yeah, afew of my friends don't use herbal diuretics because of how flat it makes them.. I don't restrict fluids too much, so losing the water is easy now for me.. I did feel abit flat my last show, but after I carbed up I filled out nice!
  9. New Member
    The Answer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    63.57%

    What weight class are you in bro.

    I'm a heavyweight. I bloat up quite nicely this time of the year (270ish) then I shed 50+ lbs for my stage weight. Maybe we compare notes as we get closer. My pic in the avatar was a Jersey Show, but I am going alittle bigger this year. We'll see what happens.
  10. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Middleweight class, I get on stage around 169-172 pounds.. If infact I do a show this year, I'll probably come in at 165, since I lost alot of weight due to stress and my new job being so demanding..

    After this year, i may never compete again.. Who knows, maybe in a few years I will, by then I'll be in the Master's Division..
  11. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,551
    Rep Power
    708196
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    When do you apply the Prep H.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  12. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Originally posted by DreamWeaver
    When do you apply the Prep H.
    It's up to you, really.. I used it before cardio (if I did any), or in the morning since I tend to practice posing for 2 hours in the morning the weeks before showtime.. You get a good sweat doing that, as long as you flex like your life depended on it!

    Remember to keep tabs on the effects, this way you can time it just right, so the water doesn't rebound while you're showin' off the abs.. Might not be an issue on stage, since you'll be under hot spotlights, anyway..
  13. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,551
    Rep Power
    708196
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Yah I know about the flexing part, it's a tough workout for sure, I used to apply thiomnucase just after my moring shower. I don't really think it made all that much differnce to tell you the truth is Prep H any better in your opinion.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  14. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thiomucase works, but it's a gradual improvement.. I used it before tanning (like I need it) and it helped remove the water abit more than just tanning alone.. It also has a good firming ability, once again a gradual affect, you gotta go thru a couple tubes to notice.. Not bad, since I can get it for $5 a tube, but not worth it when Prep-H gel does the same in less time, except for the skin-tightening effect..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. what would you do with the following????
    By rdj6107 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
  2. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:05 AM
  3. What will you do after the ban?
    By bigmark1972 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 11:57 PM
  5. what cycle to do with the stuff i have laying around?
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 07:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in