teenage steroid use on 60 minutes at 8pm

ps24eva

Awards
60 minutes will be doing a piece on steroid (and probably prohormone) use by teens at 8pm Wed (today)

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
in my english class today someone gave a speach on roids. when asing if anyone had questions i definately wanted to raise my hand, but kept it down. no mention of nolva, how to keep sides down, etc...everything on it was bad. made it sound like you were doing lsd or something uncontrolable

ps24eva

Awards
I am a scientist.

you can't prove the steroids caused the suicide. He could have had schizophrenia beforehand, for example.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
your a scientiest who is addicted to a playstation? that just makes me laugh for some reason

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Corey you should ahve raised your hand. I did in one of my classes fall semester. It was pretty entertaining.

mrfumetsu

Awards
when it comes to this, there are two types of people :

1. people that are willing & able to committ suicide
2. people that won't committ suicide

you're one or the other, don't blame any media/product/whatever on someones death.
suicide is synonymous with stupidity.

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
man , why would baseball players use steroid , it aint football or 100 M dash race ! all they day is set on the bench , and play some little !

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As a former DIV I baseball player, it isn't that simple man.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One more reason for the proverbial finger to point towards another supplement ban...

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
will anyone say "if it was legal and he got it from a doctor could this have been prevented?" i doubt it...

vicmack777

Awards
I believe this was the same kid, that there was a great thread about on superiormuscle. His father was arguing in the thread and everything

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hell no. I am going to watch it though. It is a slow night at my school.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Again just showing a very lack of basic understanding that seems to be creeping further and futher into the human species.... damn stupid people keep reproducing :D

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
They did the exact same thing with EverQuest !!!
Sensationalism + mass media + victim society = lack of accountability for self actions and the ability to blame others for the consequences.

... LOL, and the teen was from Plano, TX (just up the street from me, I live in Dallas). Plano has issues anyway, they had that whole heroin problem a few years ago.

paul3371

Awards
I just watched 60 minutes, and I believe they are ignorant and they do not do much research on steroids. They just want something to blame it on. I feel sorry for the kid that he thought it had to come down to killing himself, but i bet there were many other factors that contributed to his suicide. All this bad publicity will make laws even stiffer on roids. Why can't people put whatever they want into their body. We have bigger problems to focus on other then what people want to do to therselves. If steroids were used and not abused they are not that dangerous. Things are just going to get worse.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well it is only 7:22 central time. So maybe it is central time.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
it was on 7pm central and over by 7:20

he was doing oral and injections...stacking them to be better off. took nothing pct and came down hard his shrink said and was depressed the entire time while taking roids and after

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
**** no PCT, I would be depressed too. What a dumb ass.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
so the lady gave him some drugs for his depression, after he died they found he was back on roids. i wonder if he was doing her meds and roids at the same time? who knows...

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Even if he was you know they wouldn't admit it.

He should have taken his ass to DR. Phil:)

westniles

Awards
The general public is so fucking idiotic when it comes to many things.

Bing Crosby

Bing Crosby

Awards
Again just showing a very lack of basic understanding that seems to be creeping further and futher into the human species.... damn stupid people keep reproducing :D
I hate people... :shoot:

tedtickle

Awards
His parents taking his truck is what put him over the edge. Maybe 60 minutes should investigate the dangers of being grounded next?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
it was on 7pm central and over by 7:20

he was doing oral and injections...stacking them to be better off. took nothing pct and came down hard his shrink said and was depressed the entire time while taking roids and after

Yeah they showed the vial and for an insult to injury it was Nandrolone. No PCT after deca is a no, no..

To make things even worse for this show, they interviewed some lady, I forget who she was now, but they asked her if the steroids alone caused his depression, she said "without a doubt" :rolleyes: :mad: --what a bitch...

My parents have caught on to me using PH's, and my fathers a doc so I sometimes come to him and ask him about AAS related things/endocrine things. Anyways, he doesn't like me doing them, but he knows that I make up my own mind and just wants me to be safe. SO, my mother called me up as soon as it came on and was trying to lecture me about AAS, and saying that I should quit, and to watch the show. Gotta love moms, right? Then I feel all guilty cuz it makes her uneasy.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My parents have no clue. I only see them once a year. I just tell them I am taking super vitamins.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
My parents have no clue. I only see them once a year. I just tell them I am taking super vitamins.
LOL, yeah you're lucky. I'm not going to tell them when I start real AAS, since PH/PS's are basically the same thing subject wise, if I have a concern, etc. It will be easy to manipulate..

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I only played Div I for one year, then I ummm got into trouble, so the PJ's was good for me. CCT will be good for you.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
it's even worse, because the teenager committed suicide, so the headline reads, "Teen Suicide from Steroid use?"

WTF

here's a link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/02/60II/main603502.shtml

PS there is LOADS of bullshit in that article.
I wonder if his shrink told him that Lexapro (and other SSRIs) frequently cause inability to orgasm and sometimes impotence. My doctor neglected to mention this when he prescribed paxil for me.

The kid may have experienced these side effects (in addition to the PC effects with no PCT) and thought he was permanently damaged.

Greenguy

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If roids caused suicide there would be countless suicides each year, but the public seems to have lost common sense. This kid is an example of Darwinism at its best.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
what annoys me is even smart people who I know don't understand. I tell them look steroids are just medication and they are given to older people as well to help reverse aging. Any drug can be abused, fucking asprin could be abused (and is) and it is horrible for your liver. Yet, steroids do all these bad things, like everyone uses Lyle Alzedo for example of what steroids do to someone. I tell them look the guy was on his entire football career of over a decade, when you do that **** is gonna happen. It's no different then taking asprin every day of the week, you will end up screwed up either way. The point is any drug can be abused no matter how strong or weak it is and if steroids are so bad then why are we giving them to older people with obviously weaker immune systems. I fucking hate turning on the news or listening to my friends villify steroids like it's smoking crack or some ****. It's like steroids are so bad, but you don't hear many steroid-related deaths now, do you? More people die from fucking cigarettes, or inhaling pollutants or some other very asanine way of dying in a year then will die from steroid use in a decade. Obesity kills tons of people as well. Whatever people will continue to believe what the Corporate news media stations tell them and not do their own research. blah blah i'm done ranting.

COLOSSUS

Awards
Its obvious from the article the kid was under huge amount of pressure to succeed. He was prabably unstable before he used steroids..........and i take it he didnt do anything for PCT. How fricken dumb is this. So the kid had lots of pressure, things werent going his way, he didnt have PCT, hes a teenager which makes him already immature and emotional. And he was prescribed antidepressants. These people are dumb...........i could have told them he was going to kill himself.