Router, that work good with PS3

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Router, that works good with PS3

Sorry, for posting this in two places. I posted it in the PS3 social group, bt decided to post it in here, so more people would see it and since there didn't seem to bee any recent activity in the social group. Anyway here is my post.

I need a new router for my PS3, to play online without unhooking my PC connection. My Linksys broke, well I broke it, and my d-link slows my connection down. Linksys Model BEFSR41. The Linksys always gave me trouble when I tried hosting a game on MSG4. D-link Model WBR-2310. The D-link worked fine, but then after a few months it started slowing my connection way down.

Muscledad

Awards
My PS3 is routed using a Lynksis WRT300N and I have no problems at all with it. COD4, Resistance 2, and Little Big Planet are the only online games I have played with it though. Not sure what MGS4 would play like.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I run a LinkSys wireless and its just fine. Not slow at all. Running DSLelite. Should be running cable though. I played MGS4, Burnout paradise, NCAA10, etc. with no problems.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I run a LinkSys wireless and its just fine. Not slow at all. Running DSLelite. Should be running cable though. I played MGS4, Burnout paradise, NCAA10, etc. with no problems.
What router model?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
LinkSys WRT54G works great for me. Super fast connections, I can usually download a firmware update quicker than it takes to install it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think if you are gonna play games online you should probably run a cord. The wireless is definitely fast especially in the same room, but there still wont be a 100% signal. I tried playing Madden with a cord and without, the cord will definitely go faster.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I think if you are gonna play games online you should probably run a cord. The wireless is definitely fast especially in the same room, but there still wont be a 100% signal. I tried playing Madden with a cord and without, the cord will definitely go faster.
I've always used a cord. I've never setup a wireless connection. For three reasons 1. speed, 2. security and 3. my consoles and pc are in the same room

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I've ran it wireless and it runs super fast. Add me if you want to get owned.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I've ran it wireless and it runs super fast. Add me if you want to get owned.
hahaha i definitely would get owned. I dont even play the ps3 anymore, never have time/any interest. Anyone know how much I can sell a non-slim PS3 in perfect condition with a few games (GTA,Madden09, blitz the league)?? I need to unload this thing cuz me and my roomates are going separate ways.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
hahaha i definitely would get owned. I dont even play the ps3 anymore, never have time/any interest. Anyone know how much I can sell a non-slim PS3 in perfect condition with a few games (GTA,Madden09, blitz the league)?? I need to unload this thing cuz me and my roomates are going separate ways.
It depends on the size I just sold my 60 GB for 255 with 1 video game.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the size I just sold my 60 GB for 255 with 1 video game.
ok mine is the basic one, the 20GB. you think i should craigslist it? how did u sell yours?