1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pain in right knee.

I've recently been having pain in my right knee. I haven't worked out in about a month, because I pulled my upper back. Recently out of no where I started having pain in my right knee, at the bottom of my knee, mainly around where the bones meet. I was wondering what this could most likely be caused by. I've had knee pain on and off for both knees when I was doing squats wrong. I did hit my right knee hard last year and had pain from that for a few weeks. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

This is a very very vague issue. I have had knee issues on and off since wrestling(shooting without pads tears them up bad). But it could be anything from an injury getting aggravated, to dryer joints, to a newer deficiency in something.

This is all IMO, I am no doctor.

How long has it been going since it started recently? I shanked my left knee with an ice skate in January(got a scar too). And it had sporadic pain for about 6 months and still pops during squats now.

Does it pop, feel like its grinding any, feel like its a tearing/pull feeling, or a sharp stabbing pain....

I hate identifying pain, its hard alot, but honestly its the only way to get a better idea.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

About two and a half weeks. I do hear and feel a cracking(as if I was cracking my knuckles but around my knee) every now and then. I heard this cracking a lot when I was over training and trying to do deads and squats in the same day. When these cracks happen I don't usually feel pain from them though.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Is the pain at any time or only when you apply pressure to the knee?
    Is it interfering with your daily activities?
    I'd suggest seeing a sports doctor / or someone in orthopedics. It might be some damage to the cartilage & menisci from heavy forces.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Is the pain at any time or only when you apply pressure to the knee?
    Is it interfering with your daily activities?
    I'd suggest seeing a sports doctor / or someone in orthopedics. It might be some damage to the cartilage & menisci from heavy forces.
    Random times for sort durations. I have no clue how to change doctors or going about doing that. The pain is not very severe though. I can still walk and do my daily activities. Usually if I have my leg stretched out and away from my body it sometimes gives me trouble. It feels some what uncomfortable if I lay on my back and have my right leg straight.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Random times for sort durations. I have no clue how to change doctors or going about doing that. The pain is not very severe though. I can still walk and do my daily activities. Usually if I have my leg stretched out and away from my body it sometimes gives me trouble. It feels some what uncomfortable if I lay on my back and have my right leg straight.
    Sounds like there is some swelling if you cant straighten it out. While you are looking into whats wrong, try some light anti-inflamatory and see if that helps any.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Sounds like there is some swelling if you cant straighten it out. While you are looking into whats wrong, try some light anti-inflamatory and see if that helps any.
    I'm taking my cod liver oil again, hopefully that will help. How long does it usually take swelling to go down? Like I said it's not very severe and the pain is less then it was.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

I'm taking my cod liver oil again, hopefully that will help. How long does it usually take swelling to go down? Like I said it's not very severe and the pain is less then it was.
    with something like ibuprof, swelling for me always goes away after about 2 hours. I usually avoid medication like that though.

Swelling could be from an injury that is getting agitated(as it sounds from the crackle and pop you speak of). Our body gets swelling as a form of "self first aid" and it is the sign of another problem usually. You could have just cranked it the wrong way, if it persists see a doctor. Knees flipping suck, but hey if they do go bad the replacements they got today are flipping sweet and never go bad haha.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

with something like ibuprof, swelling for me always goes away after about 2 hours. I usually avoid medication like that though.

Swelling could be from an injury that is getting agitated(as it sounds from the crackle and pop you speak of). Our body gets swelling as a form of "self first aid" and it is the sign of another problem usually. You could have just cranked it the wrong way, if it persists see a doctor. Knees flipping suck, but hey if they do go bad the replacements they got today are flipping sweet and never go bad haha.
    I hate taking nsids, they tear up my stomach if I take them for more then 4 days. If I did have to have a knee replacement(which I don't think I'll need) would I still be able to squat and dead effectively. Hopefully I won't need surgery. It just really sucks, that my doctor is a jackass. I'm going to talk to my friend, who is like a father figure to me and talk to him about it and discuss with him how to change doctors. He works in insurance. I still do not know exactly what he does, even though I ask him a lot.
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

You can just ice and elevate your knee if you don't want NSAIDs to decrease swelling. Can you straighten it?
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

VonD I agree lol the knee replacement was part joke/part for the future. I know people who in their 40's get a new knee, and it is 100x better than their old one. Lets hope you dont ever need one though ^.^

As for nsaids I agree as well. But hey, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Try what Steveoph said and maybe try and ice it sometime when it hurts and see if that brings relief. Usually ice is only good for early in an injury, but I find if I am having pain ice followed by warmth and stretching works miracles sometimes.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You can just ice and elevate your knee if you don't want NSAIDs to decrease swelling. Can you straighten it?
    If it's stretched out too long it feels uncomfortable. What sucks is since my back and shoulder isn't healed up either I have to lay on my back, because it feels uncomfortable to lay on my side, and I have to have my my leg slightly bent while I'm laying down.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Also, sometimes it hurts around the top of my knee, or it'll feel like there is a ring around my knee of dull pain. About a week maybe a week and a half ago, my knees felt real weak when I was standing in the shower, all I wanted to do was sit down. It never seems to really hurt in the middle of my knee.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.77%

Sounds familer to me, 2 knee surgerys later, I had torn my mensicus almost in half the first time, wasen't severe pain, I was still in the gym but felt "weak" and when I would sit I would have to stretch it out, got so bad I finally went to the ortho and had the MRI......Second time was the mensicus, and i had a cyst in the knee cap which would pop my knee randomly out of socket.......

You should get it checked, knees are tricky good luck

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Sounds familer to me, 2 knee surgerys later, I had torn my mensicus almost in half the first time, wasen't severe pain, I was still in the gym but felt "weak" and when I would sit I would have to stretch it out, got so bad I finally went to the ortho and had the MRI......Second time was the mensicus, and i had a cyst in the knee cap which would pop my knee randomly out of socket.......

You should get it checked, knees are tricky good luck

TC
    I'm about to get my doctor changed. I don't know how long it'll take, but my current doctor won't do anything. He is almost useless. I don't know how to get a sports related doctor, but I am going to get my regular doctor changed.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.77%

I'm about to get my doctor changed. I don't know how long it'll take, but my current doctor won't do anything. He is almost useless. I don't know how to get a sports related doctor, but I am going to get my regular doctor changed.

Go throught a friend or something for a ortho doctor, I found my own doctor, for my knee, and I love her, I called my PCP and told him, look I am seeing this doctor fax a referal over, was done within 48 hours.. Be mean, or in my case a B**tch....it works....

TC
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Go throught a friend or something for a ortho doctor, I found my own doctor, for my knee, and I love her, I called my PCP and told him, look I am seeing this doctor fax a referal over, was done within 48 hours.. Be mean, or in my case a B**tch....it works....

TC
    Thank you for the support. I just never had to do anything like this before or call about my insurance or anything, so this is kind of new to me.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Thank you for the support. I just never had to do anything like this before or call about my insurance or anything, so this is kind of new to me.
    If you call the insurance companies expect to deal with 100% hateful people who are greedy.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

If you call the insurance companies expect to deal with 100% hateful people who are greedy.
    I figured as much. It hurts in my other knee now too. My friend said it might just be because I havn't worked out in so long, that doing any physical activity could have bothered it. I hope he's right. My grandmom told me all the doctor is going to do is most likely proscribe me anti-inflammatory pills. She seemed not that concerned, so I guess I'm going have to do this myself and ask my friend to help me get a good sports related doctor. If I can. My insurance doesn't even want to cover chiros.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.77%

I fought finding out what was wrong with me when I was told I had lupus, MANY doctors later, tests same tests, and so on and so forth I finally was such a B**TCH and I knew something wasen't right, I felt crappy, and no one else cared so I did........You have to.....even if people think your crazy it's your right to get it checked out and finally have the answers you need..................

TC

Similar Forum Threads

1. Knee pain
    By nightshift in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
  2. pain in knee
    By austink3417 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
  3. Help w/ mom's knee pain