Liar liar pants on fire

ChadBroChill

Awards
Ok.... so I know this kid, who went away to college, he has been lifting a TOTAL of 7 months, amazingly as soon as he left his lifts wents up dramatically, he claims the following, his 270 bench went to 300, he floor presses 300X2, incline 255, and can do a 300lb goodmorning on his first attemp at the exercise, all while losing 12 lbs, I personally think hes full of ****. Everyday he tells me how hes breaking PRs, and magically reaches every goal every week without fail. He is really starting to anger me. so anyways , does this sound like a person who is capable of ANY of these lifts? His BF is around 18 percent and hes only 210, he struggled floor pressing 225 earlier this year, and couldnt shoulder press 50s, so what do you guys think is he full of ****?

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
How old is he???? 20-21?

Prolly on the gas, but it's not outta the realm of possibitity to make those gains natty..........I would have to know the cat in order to make an intelligent evaluation.......

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How old is he???? 20-21?

Prolly on the gas, but it's not outta the realm of possibitity to make those gains natty..........I would have to know the cat in order to make an intelligent evaluation.......
yeah, mega-dosed creatine :wink1:

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
he sounds like hes full of ****. anyone that can bench 300 can easily put up more than 255 incline press. i can tell u at 210 hes not doing a 300lb goodmorning unless his form is TERRIBLE. If u are losing weight then chances are ur not eating enough to gain muscle/strength so im gonna have to call BS on that too cause if hes getting stronger and more lean muscle while at the same time losing body fat then he has a program which makes anavar obsolete (which i can garuntee u he doesnt).

If he is actually doing all these things then hes probably on something like dbol or some other oral thats pretty potent to be making those gains and losing weight at the same time (losing weight because he probably doesnt know how to diet correctly).

So if hes natty hes full of ****
if hes on steroids its possible.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I've got a buddy like that. Whenever we're not at the gym he's crapping on about how he was benching 8 reps unassisted of 250 lbs or more or he's squatting 480 lbs (He's prob. 30% bf, 5'9" and 250 lbs).

Whenever I see him at the gym he feigns an injury and ****s off.

@210 doing a 300lb GM at a college gym it shouldn't be too hard for someone to vid it and put it on utoob. If he won't do that then tell him the most weight he moves at any one time is when he opens his mouth and spewnami's a bunch of bull**** about how much he lifts at the gym.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
my freshman year of college I was benching max 250, incline around 225, bent over rows, perfect form, pyramids with my last set being 6 reps at 230lbs. I only weighed 185lbs at the time and I'm only 5'11", diet was for sh*t, sleep and recovery was for sh*t. Was drinkng 4 days a week minimum. I didn't know 1/4 of what I know now. Was only taking creatine, glutamine, and ZMA LOL. Had only been lifting maybe 12 months prior. I started at not being able to move 135lbs off my chest.

1. He's blowing complete smoke up your *ss
2. Beginner gains and he just happens to be busting his *ss
3. He's has great genetics
4. Some combination of the above LOL

My freshman year in college I lived in the football player dorm, and by the end of the year I had 4 guys from the team working out with me in the off season because they saw my gains. I can't explain the gains, as you see above I was doing pretty much everything possible to inhibit my progress LOL, but grew anyway.

It's funny reading your post...brings back some old school memories LOL. I'm not saying the guy is telling the truth, but you really didn't give us much information on the dude to begin with, and I guess the gains aren't absolutely impossible w/o the juice.

Actually I'm sort of bummed out now, b/c my fitness goals have changed considerably, and if I tried to do bent over rows at 230lbs for 6 reps, after already doing 2 warmups of 15 reps, then 12-10-8 prior to my 6 at 230 I'd rip my back apart. Aaaah...college.....

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If he's drinking NO Explode like crazy and taking neovar/rpm, it is entirely possible.

ChadBroChill

Awards
well to answer the age thing, he is 18 hes now claiming hes gonna try a 315 bench in a week, ironically no video camera

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
well to answer the age thing, he is 18 hes now claiming hes gonna try a 315 bench in a week, ironically no video camera
He's at college buddy. Is he trying to tell you that nobody in college has a mobile phone with video function?

Tell him that's fine we'll settle for a still of him lifting it.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
hes lying or on anadrol or dbol and decently high doseages, however i still think hes lying 300lb good morning is ****ing insane and i cant see anyone doing that if they are trying to rep 15lbs more for bench. theres no WAY hes doing a 300lb goodmorning. And if he does wanna prove to u hes getting strong, get a vid of him attempting a 300 goodmorning and we can watch someone snap their back on youtube, that will at least be fun to watch.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
wow I can't believe all you guys think a 300lb good morning is that amazing, Im weak as piss in my lower body and that still isn't to hard. He could have just hooked up with someone that showed him proper form on stuff which can make a huge difference. Also with the incline being greatly different from a flat bench he could just be utlizing his lats for benching which makes a huge difference. I mean I have done a 425 paused bench in a competition but I don't think I could incline any more that like 300 or 315.

Now it is also very possible the kids just being a jack@ss and doing quarter reps and whatnot, but realistically his numbers are not that much of a jump that it couldn't be natural for an 18 year old kid who has a good amount of genetic potential.

PS I think a lot of you guys would be surprised how quickly your good morning comes up if you got someone teaching you proper form and how to utilize the right muscles during the lift. Your good morning could easily be around 50-70% of your deadlift given you train your posterior chain correctly.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
maybe but i have never seen someone goodmorning that much that was around my weight. maybe i just goodmorning wrong that could be possible im not that comfortable with them. i still dont think at 210 hes whipping around the weights that hes claiming. i mean at 7 months the newbie gains are almost gone, plus if he wasnt even close to what he was doing a month ago i find it hard to believe he went to college (which starts in late august or early september) and now hes like dominating weights (which means at the longerst hes been doing all this in a month and a couple weeks).

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
Who cares if he's full of Shi t ?? :bandit:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Slacker, I know this is a bit off topic but if you want to gain some confidence in the Good Morning try them from the bottom up. All you need is to long sets of chains that you can hang from the top of the powerrack, and then you just suspend the bar in them. If you google chain suspended good morning you will find some examples.

ChadBroChill

Awards
haha, thanks for all your responses guys the reason for this post is that i keep getting mesages/texts from him about how hes gaining 10-15lbs on his bench every time he maxes out, its really annoying, not to mention he claims to be a hardcore westside disciple, yet doesnt know who louie simmons is. He volunteers his advice about westside method, and in this advice it actually contained words like "toned" Its really goddamn obnoxious. The 300lb good morning seems to be debated here, I might add his best squat is only 275, which he cant lie about cause ive seen it.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Chad....Bro.....Chill....wait til next time you see the guy, then workout with him. There's no way possible anyone here knows if it's bullsh*t or not. You just gotta see for yourself.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
The only guy he's really lying to is himself :)

just humour him,least you'll know he's feeling better about himself ha