Chiropractor

ChaseRoy

Awards
<B>I was doing heavy deadlifts the other day when I began to get a headache.  Ever since then whenever I do something that causes pressure, I get a headach in the back of my head.  The doctor was concerned it could be a brain anerism so they did an MRI.  The result of the MRI showed nothing.  The doctor wants to pump me full of muscle relaxiants and advil.  However, I would prefer going to the chiropractor.  I am wondering about any experiences you all have had with the chiropractor.  Perhaps one of the members is a chiropractor and can give me a little more insight on my problem.  By the way I am a little apprehensive to go to the chiropractor because my insurance does not cover it...out of pocket.</B>

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
*quack, quack*... Chiroquacktor, wha? :D

I would strongly advise against it unless your symptoms are mild muscle or joint pains, but I know others who seem to be convinced they are doing good things for themselves when they take that approach. So if you feel up to the expense knock yourself out. If it seems as though you do have something to really be concerned about (eneurism etc), I wouldn't put my health in the hands of a glorified massage therapist (no offense to those of you who work in the field of or decide to take the holistic medicine approach :D ). So be careful, is all I'm sayin.

DarCSA

Awards
Originally posted by Biggin
*quack, quack*... Chiroquacktor, wha? :D

I would strongly advise against it unless your symptoms are mild muscle or joint pains, but I know others who seem to be convinced they are doing good things for themselves when they take that approach. So if you feel up to the expense knock yourself out. If it seems as though you do have something to really be concerned about (eneurism etc), I wouldn't put my health in the hands of a glorified massage therapist (no offense to those of you who work in the field of or decide to take the holistic medicine approach :D ). So be careful, is all I'm sayin.
Glorified Massage Therapist!!! LMAO That is good man. I would go see a neurosurgeon. They really would know better than anyone what the problem would be they are specialized in the back, neck, and brain. Hope this helps. The increase in Inter Cranial Pressure could be a concern can't believe they talked you into a MRI so fast. Hope this helps.