what started you?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  65 lbs.
    Answers

what started you?

yo ppl,

i started going to gym to pull down some pounds and eventually got into habit of it. then it became an obsession to build some gr8 muscles.

dun worry..i'm over that obsession

so wats ur history?wat started you?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Answers

Ha...this might get interesting...

When I was a freshman in highschool, I was in a wrestle-off for the varsity spot at 119 lbs. I happened to get my foot caught in a poorly taped mat, twisted around, and popped my ACL and MCL...out for the season, and big surgery. I didn't want to just stop going to practice, so my coach gave me an upper body routine to do while I was recovering. Then as soon as I could, I started physical therapy on the knee. Soon enough, I was bigger and stronger than before the injury, and the obsession started. Sophomore year I wrestled 135, Junior was 160 without cutting weight, Senior was 160 again...but cut down from 185. All without growing an inch in verticle height from my freshman year ;-)

Well, its continued on for over 15 years now...sometimes more intense than others. Gone through bulks up to 245, and cuts down to 185. Through my whole adult life, the gym has been there for me. Its more than an addiction now...its a way of life.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

We have 2 other threads like this. I like em, because its always fond to go back to what began our love for this lifestyle. One few understand.

Breaking up with my ex stared it for me...I bought up tons of hollister cloths, got a civic, and got in great shape... Luckily I grew up more, chucked most of the hollister, kept the civic, but still lift. Just without trying to be something I am not.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  65 lbs.
    Answers

its funny how events in lyf make us choose luv of our lives.

like for drivehard it was an injury and a good thinking by the coach and for Zero V it was an ex. when you look back u just wanna thank those events for giving u sumthing to work up for...
  5. dpfisher

Fiancee cheated on me with a guy in better shape than me. Of course she wanted to come back when he dropped her ass like a week later...lol

But she was right I was kind of a fat *****. At first I did it for the chicks, now I do it for me. And I seem to have the same luck with women as I did when I was in worse shape but I get more dudes after me now. Unfortunate the way that works.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I got "sober". stopped partying all together and needed something to fill the time. i hadn't picked up a weight for like 10 years, then when i was 28, after getting out of the hospital, i needed something to fill the time. it started slowly then grew.......i almost died living the lifestyle i was in, so i figured i'd try and stick around for a while since i was given a second chance.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Answers

well i was fat as a kid, and in high school, went to college, decided to hell with this, joined a gym, met a personal trainer who got me into shape, i became a member of his powerlifting team ( LOVED IT)......But decided to get lean, so after 3 comps I leaned out, now i run, do kettle bells and lift weights, I love it Plus with my job I cant be out of shape, to many restriants to do...............

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  65 lbs.
    Answers

dpfisher you showed her whose the boss
  9. dpfisher

Quote Originally Posted by toughedup View Post
    dpfisher you showed her whose the boss
    Nah I don't even talk to her she doesn't know if I'm in shape or fat or dead. And that's the way I like it. I don't need to prove anything, I just need people like her out of my life.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

It started when I worked for the city my freshman year. With my first paycheck I bought me one of those Big 5 bench/weight sets and was hooked. My goal at the time was to get rid of my man boobs, funny how I thought that If i worked out my chest everyday I would accomplish that. Took me more than 7yrs to figure I had to drop serious weight.lol
  11. keeper

I've always been into sports. But last Feb. a good friend of mine, who is a world champ powerlifter, nagged me into the big boy weight room and got me started on real weights. I fell in love with lifting as soon as my gains started to show, which was just a few weeks. In May, I started HIIT, which combined with my lifting, took things to a whole new level. I'm SO hooked.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  182 lbs.
    Answers

girlfriend cheated on me with my bestfriend of 16 years. The hate drove me to depression, then to fighting, then to the weightroom. Fell in love with it and never left since. I've learned since then that hate isn't something I should dwell in but there's no denying it does give you motivation thats on par with steroids effects haha. Two thumbs up for lamb of god, machine head, and all the other bands that substitute my anger xD
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  65 lbs.
    Answers

yupe, That's probably best

*virtual high fives*
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ninjarider45 View Post
    girlfriend cheated on me with my bestfriend of 16 years. The hate drove me to depression, then to fighting, then to the weightroom. Fell in love with it and never left since. I've learned since then that hate isn't something I should dwell in but there's no denying it does give you motivation thats on par with steroids effects haha. Two thumbs up for lamb of god, machine head, and all the other bands that substitute my anger xD
    Hate took my bench press up 30 lbs!

Supplement your life with rage, guaranteed to help you rip up the iron!

Honestly...anger is a hell of a drug.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  MUC lbs.
    Answers

i started at 15 yrs old (almost 17 at the moment) i quit playing soccer because i got sick of running around freezing my nuts off on a saturday morning, i also quit swimming because i was a strong swimmer so i could save my life but it was far too boring. I then had no physical activities to do in winter. i figured i wasnt blessed with a genetically good body (short and skinny) so i decided to start going to the gym with my dad. he was there for strengthening up his legs after a compound fracture. since working out for around 18 months i have gotten about 3 times as strong as when i started but only gained 2kg and grown several inches. but still i am hooked and loving it and the results.
  16. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I was 39, 245-250lbs, probably over 50% bf, basically (sadly) average for my age/profession (software developer). My wife wanted to have a 3rd kid and I was about to turn 40 so I decided i'd better make a change just to make it to seeing kid # graduate high school and me not be spherical by then, and particularly since it was going to be a boy so I could be active with him. Turning 42 in a few weeks and I look better than I did at 18, and i'm 40lbs heavier than when I was 18
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A LITTLE HELP BEFORE I GET STARTED
    By Robb1212 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:56 AM
  2. Getting Started
    By Webdango in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
  3. Age you Started Ph/Ps.
    By onurface in forum Anabolics