BiggKay

Awards
http://www.anabolicanatomy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1007

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Fugitive kills himself, officials say

Deputy chases suspect to South Harrell's Ferry

By JOSH NOEL
[email protected]
Advocate staff writer

For the second time in a month, a fugitive from Texas has fatally shot himself after a traffic stop in East Baton Rouge Parish, Sheriff's Office officials said Monday.
Kevin G. Carlin, 33, died about 11 p.m. Sunday after a deputy tried to pull him over on the Millerville Road exit ramp off Interstate 12, Sheriff's Office spokesman Deputy Mike Crawford said.

Carlin fled down Millerville and South Harrell's Ferry roads, then lost control of a Chevy Lumina and came to a stop in the 17800 block of South Harrell's Ferry Road, Crawford said.

At the deputy's instruction, Carlin got out of the car, but then alternately pointed a handgun at the deputy and himself in a "teasing or taunting-type gesture," Crawford said.

The deputy fired a shot into Carlin's right arm, Crawford said.

Carlin paused a few seconds, then shot himself, Crawford said. He was declared dead at the scene.

Crawford said he did not know whether the incident was videotaped from the deputy's cruiser. He did not identify the deputy.

Carlin's last known address is in Ponchatoula, but the Lumina was registered to his mother in Texas, Crawford said.

"We don't know where he was coming from or where he was going," he said.

Houston police sought Carlin on a count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for a May 2003 incident, Houston Police Department spokesman Alvin Wright said.

Carlin was accused of hitting a man on the head with a beer bottle and punching him, Wright said.

Carlin had an "extensive" criminal record, including an arrest for attempted second-degree murder in Florida in 1989. He also had at least one DWI arrest and several drug-related arrests, Wright said.

Crawford said more information will be released about Sunday's incident on Wednesday, after the Mardi Gras holiday. He said the deputy was off duty Monday and today and he didn't know when the deputy would return to work.

In a news release, Lt. Col. Greg Phares of the Sheriff's Office said the deputy acted "lawfully, within Sheriff's Office policy and courageously."
[/font]

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Geez......I guess their won't be any refunds anytime soon, eh? What a waste..

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I am going to pretend this is the guy that scammed me back when I was totally new to the game...when I was about 19 I tried buying some **** through the mail ..sent cash and never got anything...sucked for me..

live and learn thats all

h19

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
bigkev was a good bro. From what I heard from people who knew him, this guy's temper was really bad. I have a temper too and I don't want to use fina (but i'm going to anyway) in fear of becoming really fucking crazy when I get mad. This guy was so nice to me, never scammed me (I never asked), but was really helpful to me when I asked for lifting advice. He also had a son fyi. I couldn't believe his criminal record when I saw it "attempted 2nd degree murder" at the age of 18, that is fucking psycho.

RIP Kevin Carlin

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

sorry for my ignorance but who was this guy. I assume he posted here often. Still sad though. RIP Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.