Worst Movie Accents

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Discussion in another thread got me thinking about the worst attempts at accents in movies. Just wondering what memorable crappy accents you guys can think of in the world of film.

Some that come to mind to get us started;

Christopher Lambert's Scottish accent in Highlander (Great movie, but he sounded about as Scottish as I do pakistani when they had the only Scottish guy in the movie playing an Egyptian ffs!)

Richard Gere's Irish accent in The Jackal (He obviously studied hard watching The Lepricaun over and over to get it juuuuust right)

Cate Blanchett's Russian accent in Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (You need to see the South Park episode about this abortion of a movie if you haven't already!)

Jason Statham's American accent in The One (To quote Statham in Snatch, "He's about as (American), as he is a monkey")

So AM, what other atrocious accents can you remember in film? :afro:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wow. no mention of sean connory as a russian sub commander in "red october"?

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Another one;

Arnold in Raw Deal, "She was moohrdered, mootilated, and mohlested…"

Gold!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I liked all the kiwi-bro accents in Attack of the Clones :lol:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any Kevin Costner movie where he tries to speak with a southern accent. Like nails on a chalkboard.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
need I say more,........ christian bale, haha!

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
He was crap in T4. What a sh1t flick that was!
Don't forget Batman. I can't take his 'Batman' voice seriously with that lisp he has. It just makes me laugh.

Sounds like a constipated homosexual.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget Batman. I can't take his 'Batman' voice seriously with that lisp he has. It just makes me laugh.

hahaha. Off topic, but I think the best superhero films are the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Got to be D1ck Van Dyke's c0ckney accent in Mary Poppins - cor blimey guv'nor

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Good call Warsteiner!

Any movie where Michael Caine tries to be anything other than a c0ckney geezer is a sure thing in a worst accent thread too.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
On that note I have to throw in Harrison Ford's HHHOOOORRRRIIIBLe accent as a sub comander in U-571 . That movie also just sucked overall , I couldn't finish it .

hearno

Awards
Gerard Butler... the guy from 300 in that movie with the blonde from the doctor show. It was painful listening to him try to fake an American accent.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Kevin Costner and all the "kennedy" accents in JFK

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Gerard Butler... the guy from 300 in that movie with the blonde from the doctor show. It was painful listening to him try to fake an American accent.
I didn't like the 300 accents either. The guy who narrated it narrates that warrior vs warrior show on the history channel. Annoying

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Christopher Lambert's Scottish accent in Highlander (Great movie, but he sounded about as Scottish as I do pakistani when they had the only Scottish guy in the movie playing an Egyptian ffs!)
Wow, the first two posts beat around the bush. Highlander....Sean Connery...

Sean Connery as a Spaniard!? You've got to be f*cking kidding me.

That being said, Russel Crowe as a Spaniard in gladiator. Give me a break.

Both good movies though.

jim623

All actors or actresses that tried to portray a southern Louisiana accent. Not even close people.

All of Arnold's movies, he wasn't trying though that's just the way he talks, haha.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Wow, the first two posts beat around the bush. Highlander....Sean Connery...

Sean Connery as a Spaniard!? You've got to be f*cking kidding me.

That being said, Russel Crowe as a Spaniard in gladiator. Give me a break.

Both good movies though.
Wasn't he egyptian? Will have to watch it again. :)

They are good movies though.

Another one is Ray Winstone as Beowulf in the animated movie. Never knew Beowulf was from London. "Ah ahm heah to keel yow monstah!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPgVfaQCetQ&feature=related"]YouTube - I AM BEOWULF![/ame]

Mel Gibson's attempt at a Scottish accent in Braveheart was shocking too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo"]YouTube - Braveheart In Defiance Of The English Tyranny! BRAVO[/ame]

MegaCalf

Awards
Good call Warsteiner!

Any movie where Michael Caine tries to be anything other than a c0ckney geezer is a sure thing in a worst accent thread too.
Like in Ciderhouse Rules.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established

yea his voice was so god damn annoying in batman.
The original batman voice was million times better.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Watch the Braveheart video I posted above then this one. It's hilarious. A little off-topic but it's my thread. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoVxbutl8g&feature=fvst"]YouTube - How Braveheart Should Have Ended[/ame]

MegaCalf

Awards
Dark Knight actually had a few good accents. Christian Bale(British), Gary Oldman(British), and Heath Ledger(Australian) all did good American accents.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nicholas Cage in Con Air:

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
you beat me to it. Con-Air was the most shockingly horrible acting I have ever seen.

Also Kevin Costner was the only freaking guy in Robbin Hood that did not have a British accent. What kind of casting/acting is that!?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, the funny thing about that is I don't think he was trying to sound American and spoke with a on-again, off-again Scottish accent...but he's supposed to be Greek soooooo wtf?

I vote for Christian Bale and the guy who played the prototype infiltrator terminator in T4...when they had scenes together they'd start drifting into an AUssie accent then back into American. It was funny.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amazing that there's no mention of Keanu...in EVERYTHING except B&T.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's because Keanu can't really even speak.

I KNOW Kung-Fu.