dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of my favorite pastimes when I was working at BN (burlington, NC) was to hit Walmart at about 2am (yeah I did, and still do, have wicked insomnia).

CHUD indeed.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 night after hanging out with some friend 4 of us were walking through wal-mart and we were coming up behind this REDNECK looking couple. The woman is pushing the cart and them man is beside her. I am looking in their general direction and then I hear a loud and clear *smack*. He slapped the shat out of her ass down the main isle of walmart at about 11pm which isnt that dead for a friday night. Only me and this girl heard it. Then at the check out they were behind us. I couldnt keep it together.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pardon me, ma'am... but what aisle's got yer Hanes tank tops?

5649_1196450430183_1196136725_30584546_5358185_n.jpg

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my wife and I find amusement while shopping in Wally's World.
To be honest, we've decided to stop shopping there and only using locally owned markets, and/or the Commissary on POST. Wal-Mart is the devil!

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
One has to pop up with the people who ride the scooters. All they have are the small baskets and their legs are so fat that the skin is red and scaly and you cannot see their ankle bones.

I ask myself, why are you here?

jim623

Yeah, my wife and I find amusement while shopping in Wally's World.
To be honest, we've decided to stop shopping there and only using locally owned markets, and/or the Commissary on POST. Wal-Mart is the devil!
You said it bro! I hate wm too.

I sure miss the commissary.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I used to work at walmart for a short time, cart pushing. It was my first job straight out of high school. There was this homeless old man that would come by and mumble and argue with people. He would also carry trash bags around. One night me and my buddy saw the top half of a deer carcass in a trash bag left in the front of the building. Maintenance came and got rid of it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only other place that seems as close to the moss eisley cantina as walmart would be ihop.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I gotta say ihop beats waffle house. maybe its just that relatively size wise not so many people fit into a waffle house, so there isn't as big a freakshow selection. But i'm always more creeped out in ihop

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waffle has isn't as bad as IHOP in my opinion. Waffle House just has a lot of late night drunks and somewhat shady people.
IHOP looks like an ad for being ur own brother, father, uncle, and cousin lol.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Waffle House at 0300 is pretty funny. The diversity of drunks makes for a good show.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waffle House at 0300 is pretty funny. The diversity of drunks makes for a good show.
I went 1 night and this guy just kept sing/yelling happy birthday. Drunk off his ass.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was laughing my ass off. I loved it. We were on the other side of Waffle House and I was singing along with him.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
this thread is very wrong.
but hilarious as well.
late night walmart shopping is interesting to say the least.
especially when all the other customers think I am an employee and are asking me where things are, to get things down, how do refunds work, etc.
priceless.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
No love for Big Lots eh? I went in there once and I just felt dirty, I can't say that about Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is entertaining, Big Lots is depressing.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
No love for Big Lots eh? I went in there once and I just felt dirty, I can't say that about Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is entertaining, Big Lots is depressing.
Our local Big Lots are usually empty all day.
Except for the ones with the gas stations out front.

They are like old western ghost towns with tumbleweeds and everything.

We have some all night independently owned convenience stores that are hilarious.
One can learn ghetto, redneck, crackhead, prostitute, wine-o, and need-some-change wisdom by listening to the long and detailed conversations in these places.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
this thread is very wrong.
but hilarious as well.
late night walmart shopping is interesting to say the least.
especially when all the other customers think I am an employee and are asking me where things are, to get things down, how do refunds work, etc.
priceless.
Agree, I didnt expect this type of thread, but its like a car wreck, I dont want to read the posts, but Im laughing at them, so I had to keep reading.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks like weve got company on the way:

Wal-Mart eyes Australia

WAL-MART, the world's biggest retailer, which last week gave up on Germany, is reportedly looking at trying its luck in Australia and is sizing up our two biggest supermarket operators, Coles Myer and Woolworths.

The UK's Sunday Telegraph reported Wal-Mart - valued at $US185 billion ($242 billion) - "is believed to be close to making its first acquisition in Australia".

It said that executives from Wal-Mart, which is based in Bentonville, Arkansas, recently visited Australia to look at possible targets.

Coles Myer, with a market value of nearly $14 billion, and Woolworths, valued at more than $22 billion, were reported to "have been identified as likely candidates".

The timing of the speculation could not be worse for Coles Myer chief John Fletcher. Today he announces details of his new strategy, designed to help the company catch up with Woolworths, whose sales and market share are growing faster.

Talk of Wal-Mart's interest will also steal the thunder of an expected name change - possibly to Coles Ltd or Coles Group - following the sale of the Myer department store business and the expected rebranding of the group's discount supermarket operations, Bi-Lo, as Coles.

"Wal-Mart has been looking at Australia closely," an executive close to Wal-Mart told the UK's Sunday Telegraph. "After the German situation it will be looking to do a deal very quickly."

Coles Myer spokesman Scott Whiffin said the company did not comment on market rumours.

Coles has offloaded its underperforming Myer department store chain for $1.4 billion to a private equity firm in favour of focusing on its supermarket and alcohol businesses.

The market has since re-rated the group as its remaining core businesses are more attractively valued and offer scope for corporate activity.

While Coles Myer sources have played down recent reports that the company was seeking to adopt a strategy like Wal-Mart's, they were not forthcoming last night about any talks regarding a closer relationship with the US retailer.

Woolworths spokeswoman Clare Buchanan did not return the Herald's calls.

A A Wal-Mart spokeswoman declined to comment to the Sunday Telegraph. Executives close to Wal-Mart suggested any deal was some time off, the paper said.

Australian investors last night did not rule out the possibility of Wal-Mart taking an interest in Australia but noted the higher growth potential in Asian countries, including China. It was noted that Woolworths already emulates Wal-Mart's business model.

Despite quitting Germany, any move into Australia would see Wal-Mart up against the aggressively expanding German discount supermarket chain, Aldi.

Last week Wal-Mart, led by Lee Scott, announced the sale of its 85 German outlets to rival operator Metro. The company had difficulty appealing to German tastes.

Wal-Mart is expected to make a $US1 billion pre-tax loss in the second quarter of its financial year.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Agree, I didnt expect this type of thread, but its like a car wreck, I dont want to read the posts, but Im laughing at them, so I had to keep reading.
I Know.
I used to blow off steam from the workweek on those social network type sites,
but here I get to learn and laugh with people who have more of a mature attitude.
I'm canceling my other memberships.
lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My all time favorite place to go late night is... Kroger. I just go and get all the damn food I want with no1 in my way. I get weird looks with all my yogurt, eggs, and meat. But there are barely any people in there so Idc.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AHahahaha Big Lots makes Walmart look normal! You get the cream of the crop in that place lmao. Those pics were great

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Someone mentioned ihop, I remember the last time I was there (must have been 3 or 4 yrs ago), we walked in and I sat down, immediately spotted a line of baby roaches dancing near the syrup holders.

I didn't even pause, just about face and left like ill be damn....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night I went to Taco Hell after seeing Funny People at the 2 Dollar Theatre. Got my "low fat" burritos and am talking to my friend then past her I see this big ass roach just crawling around. I didnt want to freak her out so I dont mention it. See ends up seeing it anyway and she basically runs out of there lol.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I've never been in big lots.
Hey don't knock those .50 cent notebooks from BL. I lived off of pencils and pens, notebooks and college supplies back in the day from the BL ....

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can find some kick-ass deals at Big Lots. I got a year supply of heads for my Sonic Care Toothbrush for around $20. There's NO WAY to even remotely come close to that in any other store; no way!

Hey don't knock those .50 cent notebooks from BL. I lived off of pencils and pens, notebooks and college supplies back in the day from the BL ....

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't knocking big lots. I was just stating I've never been there. I get all that stuff free with financial aid at the college store. However, the governor just cut college founding so Idk whats going to happen. o'Malley is such a douche.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't knocking big lots. I was just stating I've never been there. I get all that stuff free with financial aid at the college store. However, the governor just cut college founding so Idk whats going to happen. o'Malley is such a douche.
How dare they cut money that was never yours to begin with! They cut it in Florida, too, and you know what, I'm glad. We're in a $7bil deficit.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can find some kick-ass deals at Big Lots. I got a year supply of heads for my Sonic Care Toothbrush for around $20. There's NO WAY to even remotely come close to that in any other store; no way!
Isn't a year supply two heads? I thought $20 was the norm. I think that's what I pay. Maybe $25.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, I change my heads every two months. I bought 6 for the regular price of 2. I should have noted that.
Isn't a year supply two heads? I thought $20 was the norm. I think that's what I pay. Maybe $25.