pot

ronbrattin

ronbrattin

Awards
hey was wondering if anybody had any ideas for me about POT smoking and bodybuilding i just got a medical marijuana card and i'm about use it for my pain at night "not abuse it" only before bed never during the day. Will it effect my gains? i work out at 6:00am so i'll be rested. Any help would be good 27 years old

thanks

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
smoking it? that i believe is the only proven drawback

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shouldn't have any negatives effects on your muscle gains when used in that manner.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A few suggestions:
  1. Use a vaporizer
  2. Make tea.
  3. Make green dragon.
  4. Make cannabutter
Vaporizers - provide a fast and effective way to use the THC from Marijuana. By heating the plant material to the boiling point of THC (200 C or so), the THC boils away from the plant material with no combustion. Since there is no smoke, vaporization is often a popular choice amongst medical marijuana users.
Cannabis tea - is a lesser known method of ingestion, but a method of ingestion none the less. Buds can be steeped in water, with or without an additional tea (although some report success with green tea.)
Green dragon - is a combination of high-proof alcohol and marijuana. Although there are several ways of preparing this beverage, the end result is the same: an extremely intoxicating mixture of ethanol and cannaboids. The simplest way to make it involves dropping a fat nug into some high-proof vodka and letting it sit for a couple weeks. There are other methods, but they're a bit more complex, and require some care to pull off safely.
Cannabutter - is a butter-based emulsion which has been infused with cannabinoids. This is achieved by heating the raw cannabis along with butter and allowing the cannabinoids to be extracted by the fat. The equipment necessary for the manufacture of cannabutter can be as simple as a sauce pan and spatula or as complicated as a double-boiler, or slow cooker, cheese cloth or tea strainer and funnel.[5]

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can u make an ethanol extract of THC by boiling it in overproof and water?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 of the most muscular guys I know smokes pot like crazy and lifts while he is high.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
make some brownies, but find a recipe for protein brownies..u can find it online...and then put the weed in them...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if it leads you to a deeper sleep, you should grow from the GH increase. not that GH is a serious mass builder though but it definitely won't harm your growth. recovery should improve a bit as well if you're not used to sleeping well.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
How do you get "medically qualified"? A vaporizer would be my first choice.

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
Whats up homie? the only detriment from smoking and Bodybuilding (for some) is the amotivational syndrome. If you overcome it with will power, priority and stims, youre fine. I try to smoke AFTER i train. Smoking prior isnt my best bet. Use it as a reward system, to enhance your appetite and soothe your cns. whats better than a huge meal and P-rips after training? nothing.

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
How do you get "medically qualified"? A vaporizer would be my first choice.
In cali, you see any fly by night doc for a script. anything from depression to insomnia. Jwhoops got his card but im not sure what his "Qualification" was. Probably depression from being a 6'10" giant. Maybe he was sick of townspeople chasing him with torches.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I will say that smoking right before my lifts helps - I am more focused and have a greater mind muscle connection..pumps are insane. But be cautioned, smoking too much and getting too high can negatively effect your lift. You have to find that middle ground.

Also, if any of you make that Pot Butter be careful.....it will make your place smell extremely horrid.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't Arnold use to smoke before lifts too to get that focus on?
I tried it once and boy I would never do that again :) Got me drooling around the gym and ending up doing nothing but sitting and staring at other people.
Before going to bed is the only way to go imo. You can't go wrong there - get the beautysleep :)

//CC

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Didn't Arnold use to smoke before lifts too to get that focus on?
I tried it once and boy I would never do that again :) Got me drooling around the gym and ending up doing nothing but sitting and staring at other people.
Before going to bed is the only way to go imo. You can't go wrong there - get the beautysleep :)

//CC
I would never smoke before bed - weed will keep me up all night. Besides, if you're going to smoke and go to sleep....what good is that? When I get high....I want to enjoy that ****. Plus in the past, I became dependent on marijuana to go to sleep because I was smoking it too close to bed time. But, I do sleep better after a day chalk full of bong rips :sasmokin:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In cali, you see any fly by night doc for a script. anything from depression to insomnia. Jwhoops got his card but im not sure what his "Qualification" was. Probably depression from being a 6'10" giant. Maybe he was sick of townspeople chasing him with torches.
You should sell tickets to that! :18:

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
Just got done SFW and took a mammoth p-rip of Purple Kush......

Shower in that shi t ! :afro:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would never smoke before bed - weed will keep me up all night. Besides, if you're going to smoke and go to sleep....what good is that? When I get high....I want to enjoy that ****. Plus in the past, I became dependent on marijuana to go to sleep because I was smoking it too close to bed time. But, I do sleep better after a day chalk full of bong rips :sasmokin:
Smoking before sleep helped me relax and I felt more "rested" the next day. I also like to enjoy it on other occasions :) Let's put it like this; Indica before bed and pure Sativa socially.. Thats just my way of thinking.

//CC

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
to you guys who smoke then sfw....Props!! lol

I cant mess with that. id probably drop a 45lb plate on my foot

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established