Prison workout...

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed quite a few scrawny guys go to jail or prison and come out massive. Now, I know that have nothing but time on their hands, so they just do push ups, squats, burpee's, etc (and occationally lift actual weights).

But my question is how do they keep from overtraining? And you know their nutrition is sub-par.

It's like they fly in the face of everything we do and believe in...

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Many of them are probably direct descendants of neanderthals. Go figure.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Genetics, steroids, working in the cafeteria, and the fear that they may be raped (insane motivation to get huge).

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rubberring's answer according to the wize werds of Doughboy...

I've noticed quite a few scrawny guys go to jail or prison and come out massive. Now, I know that have nothing but time on their hands, so they just do push ups, squats, burpee's, etc (and occationally lift actual weights).

But my question is how do they keep from overtraining? And you know their nutrition is sub-par.

It's like they fly in the face of everything we do and believe in...
"Pumpin' iron, and eatin'. Ain't nothin' else to do in the motherf#cking pen. Three hots and a cot, know what I'm sayin'? I was also readin', and writin' my girl."

Many of them are probably direct descendants of neanderthals. Go figure.
"We got a problem here? We got a problem, n###a?"

boyz-n-the-hood-1.jpg

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
It amazes me after working in a jail, how big these guys are and stay that way. The meals are nasty, every tray I saw looked low protein high carbs. I would be taking these guys BP's and asking the deputies if they put steroids in their food. That's how crazy big these guys were. Not unusual to see 18+ inch arms in there on a regular basis. And alot of these guys had been in there for a few years already. I asked some of them how they stayed so huge. They basically said what you all said "we aint got nothing to do but workout". But yeah, there's alot of violence in there which is a big motivating factor.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
C'mon. You guys all know about West-African genetics. They're huge and ripped and don't have to do anything but workout to stay that way.

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
Because they can order stuff from the commissary. Basically family and friends can deposit money into their accts.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
It amazes me after working in a jail, how big these guys are and stay that way. The meals are nasty, every tray I saw looked low protein high carbs. I would be taking these guys BP's and asking the deputies if they put steroids in their food. That's how crazy big these guys were. Not unusual to see 18+ inch arms in there on a regular basis. And alot of these guys had been in there for a few years already. I asked some of them how they stayed so huge. They basically said what you all said "we aint got nothing to do but workout".
Your thinking is along my lines....

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
They have all the time they want to workout, eat, sleep, and grow with the occasional butt rape thrown in.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
The food is nasty but nutritous. Lift an hour or so a day and sleep and do nothing the rest of the time. Perfect equation for bulking. When I worked as a CO on the yard, it was VERY intimidating walking among guys who looked like tattooed Hulk's.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
So if I were to use my summers, when I am a teacher to lay around all day, eat a crapload(healthy) and lift 2 hours a day, I would get hyuuuuge?

Honestly though, its one of the reasons I ask people what they do for a living when they talk about lifting. If you do physical labor, your gona have an easier time IMO getting muscle growth. If you are a desk jocky, not so much. Just a theory I have, and it seems to show truth to it. There are tons of exceptions for genetic freaks lol!

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'll try this on my new teaching gig. Eat, sleep, lecture 4 hours each day, and sleep. That and some xtren and p-plex should be a good recipe for getting hyyyuuge.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
So if I were to use my summers, when I am a teacher to lay around all day, eat a crapload(healthy) and lift 2 hours a day, I would get hyuuuuge?

Honestly though, its one of the reasons I ask people what they do for a living when they talk about lifting. If you do physical labor, your gona have an easier time IMO getting muscle growth. If you are a desk jocky, not so much. Just a theory I have, and it seems to show truth to it. There are tons of exceptions for genetic freaks lol!
I did read somewhere that some folks who have certain genetic markers to build and keep muscle easier have a higher disposition to violence.
From what I have read about testosterone it may explain a lot.

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
I did read somewhere that some folks who have certain genetic markers to build and keep muscle easier have a higher disposition to violence.
From what I have read about testosterone it may explain a lot.
Im not saying i subscribe to this....But the theory is Blacks have more T than whites, hence have a propensity for physical violence.

Im not convinced at all, being that exogenous test made me pretty chill for the most part. Maybe more aggression in the gym and bedroom.

Perhaps other factors like economics and enviroment, factored in with higher T, could contribute to that theory.

I knew some monstrous blacks in my day who were the calmest, coolest people you could ever encounter. Its usually the small, unjacked f*cks who have something to prove.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not saying i subscribe to this....But the theory is Blacks have more T than whites, hence have a propensity for physical violence.

Im not convinced at all, being that exogenous test made me pretty chill for the most part. Maybe more aggression in the gym and bedroom.

Perhaps other factors like economics and enviroment, factored in with higher T, could contribute to that theory.

I knew some monstrous blacks in my day who were the calmest, coolest people you could ever encounter. Its usually the small, unjacked f*cks who have something to prove.
And to back up your point... this guy's a violent, aggressive jerk.:lol:
APTOPIX_Brazil_Gay_Pride_Pa.jpg

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

The point you made about other factors makes sense from what I have experienced. Having grown up in the 'ghetto' myself I can attest to a certain preponderance of violence in the culture.

If one was not in a 'gang' or a 'clique' one had to fight pretty well to keep from being a victim.
Its all guns now which makes it more dangerous because anyone can tey to be a tough guy with a firearm.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The point you made about other factors makes sense from what I have experienced. Having grown up in the 'ghetto' myself I can attest to a certain preponderance of violence in the culture.

If one was not in a 'gang' or a 'clique' one had to fight pretty well to keep from being a victim.
Its all guns now which makes it more dangerous because anyone can tey to be a tough guy with a firearm.
I can't agree on the test level assumption. I grew up in the ghetto, serious. I hung out with people that 'gang bang' but I never bought into the influence of such. I went from ghetto to two degrees and a masters in netowrk engineering, lovely wife and a solid life. It's about your ability to be influenced or inability to resist it or ignore it.

Those that can't end up on the wrong side of the law for all the wrong reasons.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A buddy of mine was upstate for a while, said creatine and protein were available.

He was scrawny all though HS and college, then after 2 years away...jacked. They had access to weights too. Only the basics, so they did only the basic lifts and the bodyweight stuff like pushups, pullups, dips, etc. Nothin to do but eat/sleep/lift...and apparently get state subsidized creatine.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Can you Imagine going to prison and trying to score supplements?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I can't agree on the test level assumption. I grew up in the ghetto, serious. I hung out with people that 'gang bang' but I never bought into the influence of such. I went from ghetto to two degrees and a masters in netowrk engineering, lovely wife and a solid life. It's about your ability to be influenced or inability to resist it or ignore it.

Those that can't end up on the wrong side of the law for all the wrong reasons.
it was not a certainty but a possibility.
Not a guarantee but more so a predisposition to certain things.
I mean if they can find predisposition for things like mental retardation and
homosexuality based on hormone influence in the womb, the violence theory is possible as well.
As you said it still remains up to the individual in the end.

I cannot help but think though if certain factors were eliminated
would it change the percentage of people who choose certain damaging lifestyles..,