Suggestion for running shoes - AnabolicMinds.com

Suggestion for running shoes

  1. Senior Member
    liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    75829

    Reputation Reputation

    Suggestion for running shoes


    My pair of NB's are almost done for, and need to get a new pair soon.

    Any suggestions for a durable pair, that may be water proof as well?

    Thanks.

  2. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7012

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    My pair of NB's are almost done for, and need to get a new pair soon.

    Any suggestions for a durable pair, that may be water proof as well?

    Thanks.
    I have my pair of Nike Shocks+'s still after about 2 years, still look new. But I take care of em, and I doubt they are water proof!
  3. jim623
    Guest
    jim623's Avatar

    Asics, Nimbus8
    The Nimbus9's hurt my feet and calves.
    A good running shoe will be ventilated, so no they aren't water proof.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    sonicwaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    143

    Reputation

    I tend to favor asics myself
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Go to a local running store and they will usually have you run on a treadmill for a bit to study your feet and running style. You should choose your shoes based off your arch and how you land on your feet and if you're a heavy runner or not. Once they do this, they will usually have you try on several pairs of shoes and allow you to get back on the treadmill for a bit or walk around the store.
  6. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    295

    Reputation

    Hah, I think I need to buy a pair of real running shoes, because right now I work out in a pair of Nike Frees. When I bought them I figured that the light, thin, flexible shoe would allow more motion of my foot and therefore work my calves more, but right now i'm rethinking that as my legs end up sore after running a quick mile. Can't tell if its a good thing from the muscles getting worked or if I'm putting too much stress on my shins and ankles!
  7. New Member
    texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    5
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    301

    Reputation

    If you run regularly you are probably going to have to replace shoes every year. I wear New Balance myself and need to get myself a new pair soon.
  8. Senior Member
    liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    75829

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by texaswolf View Post
    If you run regularly you are probably going to have to replace shoes every year. I wear New Balance myself and need to get myself a new pair soon.
    Its seems NB are the general, end up picking up another pair.

    May go and try out the running on the treadmill that was suggested by Jayhawkk.
  9. Senior Member
    GuyverX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    1776

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    Hah, I think I need to buy a pair of real running shoes, because right now I work out in a pair of Nike Frees. When I bought them I figured that the light, thin, flexible shoe would allow more motion of my foot and therefore work my calves more, but right now i'm rethinking that as my legs end up sore after running a quick mile. Can't tell if its a good thing from the muscles getting worked or if I'm putting too much stress on my shins and ankles!
    Nike frees are my favorite.
    I started at the 10's then went to the 7's and now I am on the fives.
    Each time i switched to a lighter one I was sore for a while but
    walking and running just feels better.
    I am getting the 3's in a couiple of months
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Good Walking/running shoes
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
  4. Running shoes for different sports?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in