dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Q is dying, need a replacement on SPRINT service.

This Palm Pre is the ONLY thing via commercials that is catching my eye.

Anyone have any kind of feedback on it???

I have about 4 days to pick a new phone.

loki515

Awards
i have had one since it frist came out. I do lke the phone alot, will be better as more apps hit the market. They have been coming out since the developer kit has been distrubited and another public one is coming in a few months. So, i do suggest it is a good phone. Plus sprint gives a 30 day exchange if you don;t like it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes and don't get it... yet.

I bought it and had problems from day 1. if you're in anything but a great reception area on first setup you'll have to go through a tedious program to get it reset to set back up. it's smartly designed to be able to be used in one hand but the hard, sharp edges of the bottom dig into your hand unless you have huge hands and will cause a lot of problems when your thumb moves over to type.

No virtual keyboard which means you can't type in the landscape view.

No ability to forward texts(not a huge issue but sometimes you do want to forward something and not have to type it back out)

Can't cut/copy/paste in anything but current open fields of text in a text or email. Can't copy paste text or web pages etc

Battery life sucks ass...I mean it really does suck.

Touchstone is a waste. It takes too long to charge to really be usable but the battery/cover combo is much better in terms of looks and feel over the original.

It auto syncs with facebook and google and combines everything to what SEEMS to be innovative and neat until it comes time to call someone, email someone or in my case, try to move contacts from one phone to another.

Can not change ringtone for incoming alerts.

Can't change volume for alerts and original is very low.

Call volume andclarity are aweful. I couldn't hear **** unless i pressed the phone up close to my ear.

Positives
Web OS is very well done

Screen imaging is beautiful

Touchscreen abilities are outstanding

Multitasking is done very well

Multiple tabs/web pages are great to have

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say switch to AT&T and get an iPhone. You won't be disappointed, Matt.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't an option for me at the time or i would of done just that. Ended up getting on my GF's plan with Verizon and went with the Blackberry Storm... I do like a lot of what blackberry does right but the internet really isn't one of those on the list. I hear verizon may get the Iphone soon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same here, still have another 16 to go on Sprint, and the AT& network out here SUCKS.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i use the HTC Touch Pro, played with a Pre at the sprint store and wasn't impressed

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Their Web OS on the phone is really an innovative and user friendly software platform, unfortunately the phone sucks. I'm sure we'll see versions of that software on other phones as soon as they can streamline it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Their Web OS on the phone is really an innovative and user friendly software platform, unfortunately the phone sucks. I'm sure we'll see versions of that software on other phones as soon as they can streamline it.
Looks like I have to hold off...and the front buttons on my Q started shedding today.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything in particular you're looking the phone to do? Might be some decent choices for an interim replacement. Curves are going dirt cheap now.