So when is too young or not ready enough to start steroids?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.
    Answers

So when is too young or not ready enough to start steroids?

I ask because I have a couple of questions dealing with this. We all know many people suggest waiting until you've reached your genetic potential or atleast 'til your hormone levels start to dip (age 25 and beyond); and diet and training spot on.

I want to know what are the negative effects of using steroids before you've reached your genetic potential, and what if your test levels aren't that high even to begin with. When a lot of people say you don't need steroids because your test levels are so high from teenage years til they start to drop a little bit in your mid 20's. Well, I'm 21 and have a 525 level test reading (pre-cycle). So, I wouldn't exactly say I'm surging with all this high test in me. But my concern is, am I hindering future progress by making the choice to use steroids before I even reached that genetic potential? Wouldn't properly doing cycles just make get closer to reaching my genetic potential? Then again, if I'm doing cycles, how will I ever know what my genetic potential was? What is the harm from doing a cycle when I'm 21, compared to doing one when I'm 25; although, I know I would be much bigger probably when I'm 25 and closer to my natural limits; but is that it?

EDIT: I've done one cycle, but I'm stuck between if I want to hold off until I hit a solid plateau with my training or if I should go ahead with the cycles if everything is lined up correctly (time off, PCT..)

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Answers

wondering the same thing...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Its quite easy when you read forums like this , that everyone seems to be on steroids.In my experience they are not and of those that have taken them , have done so just to dabble .Ok they have benefitted from them in the time they were on them , but that time is limited and anything gained is often lost, beit strength, body composition, or weight.Some do not get addicted but others do and simply go from one compound to another allowing for breaks ,but allthe time seeking something stronger beit in a single tablet/capsule/injection or in the form of a stack.Eventually they become chemical junkies,when you consider all the ancillary stuff that goes with it.
    Ive always believed if you want to do something do it and get it out your system .Its only afterwards you know if you made the right choice.
    At 21 there is no reason why you cannot get a decent physique without the use of steroids, There are enough "clever supplements " available that are not steroids.Remember though that taking steroids is serious stuff, you are messing with your endocrine system and you dont want that out of sync at 21 or anyage.
    If you feel you havent reached your genetic potential , i would leave well alone and once you have , then consider taking them to move you to the next level but dont take the steroid without proper research.

I know there is a lot of pressure on teenagers and those in their twenties to look good .We see images in advertising , mens health, in fashion , on the sports field and on the beach, but remember that your health should come first (imo of course)
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

525 is fine for a test level me thinks from the ranges I have seen.

IMO you have the same side effects of running before the fabeled "genetic max" as if you do when you reach it.

I see it pointless to gain too far beyond a genetic max, because you cant enjoy life and maintain it at the same time. To me it seems smarter, that once you are a good ways there, to use a cycle or two to get where you want, and maybe every couple years to help with things that might take away from training(such as loss of mass do to stressful situations like losing a loved one)

Many will argue "EAT, EAT UNTIL YOUR POO SPEWS OUT OF YOUR MOUTH RAWR RABLAGAGGLEBLAH!!!!"

Eh...yes if your training is intense enough and done right, and you have a great diet that is working, you should make good gains. But its an individual preference on when to use. You will make more gains, and hold them better if it is leading up to the max, than if you go over and shrink back down quickly.

I plan to use before my max, my only goal is ot weigh 175-180 before i use an PH or AAS. That for me is a weight I have never seen, and is a goal worthy enough for me to feel I an doing well enough in lifting to use.

Age wise, the longer yo uwait the better. I think you can burn our androgen receptors. I started researching steroids at 21, here I am about ot be 23 in 2 months...just to tell you how long I been reading, watching cycles, studying, researching. It mainly comes down to how well you know your shnizzle and your own body.

Again all IMO
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks guys, great posts. I may just do this winter bulk all natural. I still get that itch to run that cycle sometimes, but I should be able to control it.

ZeroV, I'm on the fence about the burning out of our receptors. I see a lot for that argument, and others that find it extremely ridiculous.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DenDestroys View Post
    Thanks guys, great posts. I may just do this winter bulk all natural. I still get that itch to run that cycle sometimes, but I should be able to control it.

ZeroV, I'm on the fence about the burning out of our receptors. I see a lot for that argument, and others that find it extremely ridiculous.
    hence my choice of words "think" though from my studies, the body does balance itself out, or attempts to, and that can mean less receptors in the long run I think because if I read correctly it lowers how many there are when there is a high level interaction going on. Not necessarily the idea of burnout you think of when you hear about "stimmed out" effects where stims dont work, its a bit diff than that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why is taking Steroids at a young age bad?
    By Wikiniks in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 06:42 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
  3. Many young men 'abusing steroids'
    By yeahright in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 12:05 PM
  4. Steroids Are Blamed in Suicide of Young Athlete
    By rrgg in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 65