I need your guys opinion

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Ok so here is the deal. Today the dean of my college sent out an email, telling of something that literally left me heartbroken. It was about a 20 year old female nursing student who was diagnosed with an extremely rare liver disease that is killing her and she is literally a "time bomb" is how they put it. She needs a transplant ASAP or she is going to die. Now the situation. She is on the national donor list but she is something like number 14,000 or something like that. Also, her whole family has been tested and another 10 people as well and all of them are not a match. After reading this, I have no idea why, but I thought I should do something. I am considering calling the family, since they live in my area and telling them that I am willing to get tested to see if I am a match for her, and if I am a match, I think i would go through with it because I think she is so young and does not deserve to die. What do you guys think?

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Let me see if I got this straight-your thinking about helping a total stranger with her liver transplant ?
Now I may not be a rocket surgeon or anything but I am fairly sure human beings only come equipped with one liver apeice and need it to live . So after you gave this chick yours , what are your plans for survival thereafter ?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Let me see if I got this straight-your thinking about helping a total stranger with her liver transplant ?
Now I may not be a rocket surgeon or anything but I am fairly sure human beings only come equipped with one liver apeice and need it to live . So after you gave this chick yours , what are your plans for survival thereafter ?
no,no,no they take a part of your liver if you match, put it in them. The liver regrows. They just keep her, and possible him, on a machine during a recovering time. If I am correct depending on the how strong the person is.

If you feel it in your heart to help out, I say go for it man. Few people in this world have that kind of heart. That is the heart of a real man, the kinda heart that built America when neighbors would do anything for one another.

Honestly, you may be the only person in the entire college who is thinking this way. A man does not ask what is in it for him, but how he can better serve his fellow man. Or in this sense, woman.

Get tested at least, its a high chance it wont match. If it does, the question comes down to you. No one will blame you, no one will judge you.

How many people literally get to save someones life through such a sacrifice. To lay down your life for the lives of other, there is no greater love than that.

Only question I have...what is up with your current cycling choices?

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Oooohhhhh I see , they can take PART . Makes much better sense now . I thought this guy was just crazy .

Other than that I 100% agree with Zero , that is some stand-up sh1t you are thinking about . If everybody alive would show that level of generosity even just once in their lifetime I bet we would'nt even recognize the world anymore .

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, what you are suggesting is probably a life-time of some sacrifice. You'll probably need to give up liver-taxing substances for life and need regular testing, plus you risk additional health complications. That being said, what you would do for this woman would be..... heroic in a way that cannot be fully captured by words. You'd be immortalized in probably her family and yours. Its like "pay it forward" big. If you go thru with it, PM me your full real name and I'd tell your story to my grandkids, you know?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Oooohhhhh I see , they can take PART . Makes much better sense now . I thought this guy was just crazy .

Other than that I 100% agree with Zero , that is some stand-up sh1t you are thinking about . If everybody alive would show that level of generosity even just once in their lifetime I bet we would'nt even recognize the world anymore .
Do you know that if everyone was a registered organ donor with the DMV there would be enough organs for everyone and then some? Unfortunately only 23% are donors.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Ok so here is the deal. Today the dean of my college sent out an email, telling of something that literally left me heartbroken. It was about a 20 year old female nursing student who was diagnosed with an extremely rare liver disease that is killing her and she is literally a "time bomb" is how they put it. She needs a transplant ASAP or she is going to die. Now the situation. She is on the national donor list but she is something like number 14,000 or something like that. Also, her whole family has been tested and another 10 people as well and all of them are not a match. After reading this, I have no idea why, but I thought I should do something. I am considering calling the family, since they live in my area and telling them that I am willing to get tested to see if I am a match for her, and if I am a match, I think i would go through with it because I think she is so young and does not deserve to die. What do you guys think?
If you are really feeling with all your heart and soul helping then do it. You are a special person for helping a stranger.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, what you are suggesting is probably a life-time of some sacrifice. You'll probably need to give up liver-taxing substances for life and need regular testing, plus you risk additional health complications. That being said, what you would do for this woman would be..... heroic in a way that cannot be fully captured by words. You'd be immortalized in probably her family and yours. Its like "pay it forward" big. If you go thru with it, PM me your full real name and I'd tell your story to my grandkids, you know?
x2. Hell I am calling your local news crew man...you may not want the attention, you may not care about it. But bro..its inspirational. People dont step up no more like that.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I attempted to do the same for a guy with his kidney but was not a match. He was a great guy with a family! I lost touch with him and can only hope he got his transplant!

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i figure the least i can do is go through the tests to see if i am a match.i just read the email the was sent and i just felt this girl does not deserve to die so young. and to answer the question about my current cycle, it is test and eq...which i am worried about a little bit about this situation. guess i have alot of things to consider but i think i am definately at least going to get tested.

rammy222

rammy222

Awards
i figure the least i can do is go through the tests to see if i am a match.i just read the email the was sent and i just felt this girl does not deserve to die so young. and to answer the question about my current cycle, it is test and eq...which i am worried about a little bit about this situation. guess i have alot of things to consider but i think i am definately at least going to get tested.
Go for it bro! Even lil carlos says go :]

ya deff get tested and see. You sir are a great guy