Reverse heel shoes. Are they really that good for you?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I have a pair of Earth shoes(Earth Footwear - Comfortable Stylish Shoes), that have a reverse heel and are very light weight. I was just wondering what you guys think about such shoes and if they are really any better for you. I've been wearing them for awhile.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have a pair of Earth shoes(Earth Footwear - Comfortable Stylish Shoes), that have a reverse heel and are very light weight. I was just wondering what you guys think about such shoes and if they are really any better for you. I've been wearing them for awhile.
Because your obviously a gym guy, I think its ok. But to me this is just some cheap rip off to make people think their magic shoes burn 4x the fat of normal shoes do...just something else to inspire lazy Americans to continue to be lazy.

Just because they put the sole up front instead of the back. Seems interesting, there may be science behind it. But personally as a guy who has achilles tendinitis, these things would kill me.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could probably answer this better than us. Have you seen any increase in fat loss? Increase in calf size? Have you noticed any extra unwanted stress on your back/legs? You're the one that has been wearing them. It's possible they COULD help, but I wouldn't know. Are there unbiased medical studies done with them?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I am just used to them. standing in them isn't as comfortable as standing bare foot, but walking feels fine. No big calves or anything like that. In fact if they did do that I'd throw the shoes out, because that would mean they are putting strain on my muscles when I want my muscles to heal. Anyway, I might get new shoes, since these are alittle worn out. What shoes do you guys where for everyday walking and standing? Those Earth shoes are like $100. I was thinking about getting chuck taylers and putting dr. Scholls inserts in them (the ones for knee and lower back) and taking the inserts out when I goto workout. I don't goto a gym yet, but I might start in afew months. Right now I just workout bare foot at home.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just used to them. standing in them isn't as comfortable as standing bare foot, but walking feels fine. No big calves or anything like that. In fact if they did do that I'd throw the shoes out, because that would mean they are putting strain on my muscles when I want my muscles to heal. Anyway, I might get new shoes, since these are alittle worn out. What shoes do you guys where for everyday walking and standing? Those Earth shoes are like $100. I was thinking about getting chuck taylers and putting dr. Scholls inserts in them (the ones for knee and lower back) and taking the inserts out when I goto workout. I don't goto a gym yet, but I might start in afew months. Right now I just workout bare foot at home.
Chucks are what I use. You can also look into some of the new Nike shoes. They're pretty sweet. Real flexible, light, and no heel.

Vibram Five Fingers are also something to look into for training.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Chucks are what I use. You can also look into some of the new Nike shoes. They're pretty sweet. Real flexible, light, and no heel.

Wow Vibram Five Fingers look ugly.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Those Earth Shoes would be pretty sweet for deadlifting, some powerlifters actually go to shoe repair shops and have a pair of chucks built up in the front so that they can pull back more easily.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Those Earth Shoes would be pretty sweet for deadlifting, some powerlifters actually go to shoe repair shops and have a pair of chucks built up in the front so that they can pull back more easily.
I was thinking since they have a reverse heel, that I probably dont have to curl my toes while squatting or deadlifting

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you allowed to use those shoes in competition?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

The nike frees are good for getting your calves a little bigger over a period of time.
I train in jikutabis though.

Are the Vibrams that good?

MegaCalf

Awards
The calorie burning/fat loss aspect is a bit of a stretch. The difference those shose would make fat loss-wise is negligible.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
The calorie burning/fat loss aspect is a bit of a stretch. The difference those shose would make fat loss-wise is negligible.
GOOD. I'm glad about that because I am on a bulk and dont have money for new shoes