Tattoo's: Who's Got'em?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Haw many do you have and what are they of? I love tats personally (not so much on myself). How are they holding up under your growing from weight training also> I know Jake's got a couple sweet ones....

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeh, those lions are sweet bro. I like em personally, and have designed a few things for myself and will get them some time in the future.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
dont got one....want one. (but i figure, if im not sure what i want it of, then until im passionate about what i want tatted on me, that is when ill get one. But i do know where....left outer ankle or left upper arms. the size of a half dollar would be nice)

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I ever get the balls ( and prolly the 5g it would take) Id get this tat on my back. I think its one of the best ones I've ever seen, Paul Booth is da man

Attachments

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Got the sword Stormbringer that a friend of mine drew for me on my shoulder blade. It takes up about the whole shoulder blade about 8"to 10" long.. I like it, the wife is not that crazy about it.. but she wasnt there when I got it about 15 years ago.. :D 

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
but on that note, i must say that Stonesour sucks...and it pains me to say this! But I must, because is the truth!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
but on that note, i must say that Stonesour sucks...and it pains me to say this! But I must, because is the truth!
Not to get off topic but..... Blotter is a killer song and Bother is pretty good too... I agree that the music isnt that great, mediocre to say the least, but the lyrics are kick ass man, deep as hell......

As for my tats... I have a large anarchy symbol, much like the one in my avatar, covering my entire left delt, Across my back in large (7 inch by 6 inch) bold, black chinese encryption I have "Me Against The World".

Unbreakable

Awards
Mines a skull wearing a marine's hat, blood dripping from his mouth with 2 cross rifles in back.

Marine Corp requirement

Gollum

Awards
Most of my back is covered.On the lower left side is a twisted root that is pulling what look like ghosts into it.So what you see is roots,twisting around human forms and the humans are becoming part of the gnarled,old tree.It then spreads out into a platform at the top.On the platform is a small,wizard like character standing next to a cauldron.There are some imps peeking out from behind it.The little wizard guy is conjuring and smoke is rising from the cauldron.The smoke begins to turn into human faces(remember our friends from the roots?)which then begins to form a dragon.The dragon spreads its wings and is facing forward.It is a well known dragon from D&D artwork.So the concept is,the wizard,a very small and apparently weak character,is drawing his power from the energy of what is beneath him.The roots are stealing the souls of the damned and channeling their negative energy into what he is conjuring.He is taking that negative energy and changing it into something powerful and beautiful,the dragon,which will now fight for him.It's hard to describe everything that is going on in the piece.I did my best.

Lower right we have the four horsemen of the apocolypse(War,Famine,Death and Pestilence)charging to challenge the wizard and his dragon.The four horsemen make a wonderful tattoo since they all are so distinctive in their appearance.War has his sword,Death his scythe,etc.Only the upper half of the horses bodies can be seen,the lower halves are fire and smoke.It's a very powerful piece and I cant thank the artist enough.

Top right we got two dragons.Can you tell I like dragons?I got these BEFORE the large piece on the left and if I had to do it again I would make sure my entire back was one scene.But,such is youth.Anyway,I have a dragon ripping out of the skin.Its from flash(not original artwork) and my first tattoo.Its a quality piece,though.Then I have a celtic(blackwork) dragon facing the other one.I got this for a friend of mine who passed away many years ago.He was going to get it before he died.So I got it,facing my old dragon.The idea being my old,colorful dragon is me,still here and the blackwork dragon is my bro,who is no longer with us.

On my leg I have...hey,what could it be...yup,another dragon.This one is Tiamat,the six headed evil Dragon Queen from D&D fame.Each head is a different color and each head spits a different breathe...the red head spits fire,the blue lightning,the white frost,etc.Its pretty wild.

Now to YJs question,how are they holding up to the rigors of the bodybuilding lifestyle.I started getting tats before I ever picked up a weight.It just so happens that the wings of my dragons on my back hit my lats a little bit.On both sides.So as my wingspan has improved,so has theirs :D.I havent had anything bad happen to my tats due to training but then again I am not what most would consider huge.I would guess if I gained a radical amount of weight in a short amount of time I might get some distortion or holidays in the color.Hey maybe when I start your PH cycle,eh YJ??Tanning,on the other hand,has been a problem.I have to keep them covered since the sun/tanning booths are the bane of tattoos.

garyrabbit

Awards
Only have 1 tat and it's a "Stoned Rabbit" (go figure aye?) on my right Bi.
Got it over 20yrs ago while in the army and has held up just great with the training and growing.
Wish now(as I'm older) that i'd of got something different,but wtf
you only live once and it's a good reminder of where i came from and how much i've improved.
Peace

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I have 3 tats myself..u can actually see some if not all of them in my pics i have posted....but on my left tricep...i have chinese characters standing for Brother hood...me and my boys got them...right shoulder I have my name in Old English, and on my back between my shoulder blades I have some tribal....my next tat..is going to be on my left shoulder and will be a tribal sun, I wanted to get identical suns on both shoulders, but i forgot i have my name on the one already...

after the sun on the left shoulder will prolly be some other tribal or celtic **** on my left pec.  THen I might be done...who knows.

they have all held up nicely, as my triceps get bigger my tat does, but it doesnt stretch or anything ugly..

h19

Jess

Awards
How do you feel about tat's on women? I don't have one yet, But I have been Thinking about getting this on on my lower back for TWO YEARS....I just keep putting it off.

Attachments

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nice tat Jesse.. personally I like a good tat on a lady especially if it a good one like the one you have picked out. Lower back sounds painful spot to me but hell I don't think any spot is without some pain :D

DarkFalcon

Awards
How do you feel about tat's on women? I don't have one yet, But I have been Thinking about getting this on on my lower back for TWO YEARS....I just keep putting it off.
Ya tat's on the lower back or belly button are hella sexy on the ladies. :D My gf has one of an angel figurine that I got her on her butt. It's pretty cool but it's bigger then she wanted it..ooops too late to change it..lol. Just be damn sure you get EXACTLY what you want.:D

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Jess

I say go for it....lower back tats are definately cute/sexy on the ladies....I'd also suggest getting your belly button pierced....I'm a big fan of chics with those too..

h19

bellx1

Awards
Lower back is definatly hot... especially on a women thats in great shape.... like you !

I have a tribal band on my left arm with a sun

Last edited:

Jess

Awards

I say go for it....lower back tats are definately cute/sexy on the ladies....I'd also suggest getting your belly button pierced....I'm a big fan of chics with those too..

h19
;) already pierced

snakeman458

Awards
i have 8 total. all are native american tats. ww7 has seen some off my tatoos. i am waiting to get more pics from my artist so i can show them off. if ww7 still has them he can post them if he wishes.

DarCSA

Awards
Originally posted by Jess
If you want it then go for it. Don't let anyone stand in your way. Personally I have none but I have thought about it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely gettin a tat sometime, I just have to figure out what I want and where I want it. :D

ManBeast

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got 4 of 'em! Dragon, wolf, tribal and my sign on my back which is Gemini.. ;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bitmap, Booo! :D

You can see my wolf in the avatar, I think you could see my back tatt abit in this shot..

Attachments

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by snakeman458
i have 8 total. all are native american tats. ww7 has seen some off my tatoos. i am waiting to get more pics from my artist so i can show them off. if ww7 still has them he can post them if he wishes.
Here you go Snakeman!

Attachments

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Phat tatts, Brother!!

I might get a tribal design across my back in the summer, after my final stage appearance in posing trunks.. ;)

Nelson

Blindfaith

What do those characters mean?
I was thinking of getting one in Japanese kanji for dragon.