Electric shock like feelings in hand

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I get feelings in my hand sometimes like I got shocked or touched some sort of vibrating machine. It's like a jolt. Like those hand buzzer toys. I've read it could be carpal tunnel, which doesn't surprise me after years of lifting but also could be related to anxiety. It's the weirdest sensation and I feel like I'm going nuts in the moment. Any one get this or have any ideas what it might be?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I had that last winter, went to the doctor, he said there's a pinched nerve in my shoulder and some tendinitis. There's not much you can do about it, but month later I separated the same shoulder skiing and funny enough when my shoulder healed somewhat that felling of electric shock went away.
Do you get it on the finger tips or where exactly do you feel it?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the cervical spine (C4,5,6,7) would be the root to the nerve branch that goes through the shoulder called the brachial plexus. Tingling and numbness of arms, hands and fingers are indicative of nerve issues relative to that branch of nerves.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I had that last winter, went to the doctor, he said there's a pinched nerve in my shoulder and some tendinitis. There's not much you can do about it, but month later I separated the same shoulder skiing and funny enough when my shoulder healed somewhat that felling of electric shock went away.
Do you get it on the finger tips or where exactly do you feel it?
I do have a bad neck. I think it's the finger tips cause it usually happens when I rest my hand on something but It almost feels like it's my whole hand. I'm pretty sure I've only notice it on my left hand but I might be wrong. I have shoulder issues on my right side but had a herniation in my left side of my neck 8 years ago.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
could be something nerve related since they carry through electricity signlas. maybe miss firing of neurons???? when u get this jolt does ur hand/fingers literally move?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
could be something nerve related since they carry through electricity signlas. maybe miss firing of neurons???? when u get this jolt does ur hand/fingers literally move?
No it doesn't move.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
goood!!! if it moved that would be bad. yah im assuming just light miss firing of neurons. still def go get it checked. if ur hand tends to get a light numbing that is another sign of C.tunnel. i doubt u have it. have ur doc take a look and ask him about the otpion of ur neurons miss firing

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I generally have bad wrists, 2 times a year I usually end up crippled for about 3-4 days unable to grab anything.

Recently during a trip to cedar point, I injured em, and couldnt use em(over stressed em). Left one is at 90%, right one is stuck at 40-60% depending. I can squeeze it and it pops back where I assume it should be. Sometimes I get a tingles, one time it felt like I have stuck a key in an eclectic socket, and my hand felt asleep. Alas, not a dang thing I can do but go on... I cant even describe how this effects softball :18:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Well the cervical spine (C4,5,6,7) would be the root to the nerve branch that goes through the shoulder called the brachial plexus. Tingling and numbness of arms, hands and fingers are indicative of nerve issues relative to that branch of nerves.
Ah, I misunderstood then. :paranoid:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I don't use straps for lifting or any wrist supports. I just use regular gloves. Think I should get some?