1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Infomercials

Now... I don't watch alot of tv but I can't help but see these infomercials / commercials for exercise equipment. Each infomercial has 2-5 people with before and after pics that are SO drastic that anyone into the sport knows it can't be obtained simply from one trivial motion on one machine without additionally changing diet, other training, possibly adding supplements. You don't go from 28%bf to 8%bf with one ab cruncher video - it is ridiculous. I mean bulking ab muscles doesn't increase definition. I don't need to say anymore about how stupid these commercials are.

My question is this. These "testimonials", are they:

A) Legitimate testimonials of people who happened to purchase the product while simultaneously righting their diet/other training/supps and getting GREAT results and then making a buck by being in a commercial

OR

B) People who are awesome at cutting and just figured they'd bulk up with fast food and then cut with the product to make a buck in the commercial

OR

C) People with great before and after pics who never used the product who simply lie and say they used the ab master 4000 or some other generic gimmick

???
    If A, wow. If B, wtf. If C, how do they get away with it?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I am thinking C)

Think Jay Cutler and Muscletech.... He may have used that product, one time, so he can say he used it, but its all in da juice, its all in da juice.

As long as they didn't say it was the ONLY thing they used, they aren't telling a lie.

American business ethics...yum
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I am thinking C)

Think Jay Cutler and Muscletech.... He may have used that product, one time, so he can say he used it, but its all in da juice, its all in da juice.

As long as they didn't say it was the ONLY thing they used, they aren't telling a lie.

American business ethics...yum
    Yeah I suppose that is it. Man, I guess I'm naive for even thinking it could be A or B.
    •