this dude hit on my girlfriend

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
there is this guy that i work with and he told my girlfriend that he liked her. she told me about it and i couldnt believe the lack of respect. i wanted to kick the **** out of him. but if i did this i would be fired so what the hell should i do. i know most likely if i confront him i will lose my temper and do something i will regret because he annoys the **** out of me. anyone got some advice on how to handle it?

shadow_manifest

Awards
Let it go and rub it in his face that you have her.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
you have what he wants. consider that and forget about it. If this guys action dictates some action from your part, then go ahead, be a man and kick his ass but all he is right now is talk.
Sage

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
This is just me but I'd stomp his a$$. If you can't do it directly, nothing shows the love like a bat to the back of the knees and you and a few friends practice tap dancing on his face. Sure it's somewhat cowardly to ambush someone, but if the circumstances are that you'll get fired for a straight forward brawl, then that is all you can do. Well, other than letting it go. I personaly don't put up with other peoples BS. Especially when it is of that nature. There is another option that I know of but it is a pain in the a$$ and lots of drama. You could talk to him in a public place and make it seem that he's more or less picking at you. Call the police and say that he threatened to attack you. They'll say they can't do anything but they will make a note of it if an officer is dispatched to talk to him or you. That is the foundation for the plan. Now that you have created a history with him being the bad guy, just say that he is hitting on your girl and you asked him to leave her alone and he got violent, you are ready for the big finish. Have a few friends that you know wont crack or screw up a story meet you somewhere that you know you'll have a shot at catching the guy alone. Set up a fake scene. Like act like you and your friends are working on your car's sound system and you just happen to see the guy. Make sure no one is around and straight up stomp his a$$. Then have a friend call the police and say that his friend (you) is being attacked by some guy. Not only will he get his a$$ kicked but he'll get arrested. Now you can opt to not press charges if you want, but wait because he'll most likely file a warrant on you. Now all you do is talk to the DA and explain that you were attacked and be sure to say exactly that you "feared for your life". Have your friends say that all they saw was you and the guy talking and then he just attacked you. You have witnesses to colaborate your story and basicly the guy will be screwed. In the end you'll both drop the charges and you will have gotten your get back. Trust me I've been through this many times. I have no respect for people who can't respect the boundry of a relationship.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
So much drama...

If you love your girlfriend and she loves you why not let her handle it? You can't be with her 24 hours per day and the trust has to start somewhere. There is nothing more satisfying for me than to see my wife refute the advances of others...it instills more trust between us and we grow stronger. A relationship is likened to lifting: if you don't stress the working parts then it will not grow stronger. The more times she handles her own business the more you will trust she will do it even when not in your presence.

Get the idea?

Chemo

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Let it go and rub it in his face that you have her.
bump to that and Chemo's post above ^! Take it as a compliment, and don't worry about it. I'm sure you've already expressed your displeasure about the situation to your GF, and that's good - she needs to know you care, but being too jealous or controlling will only drive her away. Let her know you're confident in yourself and you trust her...that said, be civil to your coworker, but keep an eye on him.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I never said be civil to the coworker ;)

Chemo

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
This is just me but I'd stomp his a$$. If you can't do it directly, nothing shows the love like a bat to the back of the knees and you and a few friends practice tap dancing on his face. Sure it's somewhat cowardly to ambush someone, but if the circumstances are that you'll get fired for a straight forward brawl, then that is all you can do. Well, other than letting it go. I personaly don't put up with other peoples BS. Especially when it is of that nature. There is another option that I know of but it is a pain in the a$$ and lots of drama. You could talk to him in a public place and make it seem that he's more or less picking at you. Call the police and say that he threatened to attack you. They'll say they can't do anything but they will make a note of it if an officer is dispatched to talk to him or you. That is the foundation for the plan. Now that you have created a history with him being the bad guy, just say that he is hitting on your girl and you asked him to leave her alone and he got violent, you are ready for the big finish. Have a few friends that you know wont crack or screw up a story meet you somewhere that you know you'll have a shot at catching the guy alone. Set up a fake scene. Like act like you and your friends are working on your car's sound system and you just happen to see the guy. Make sure no one is around and straight up stomp his a$$. Then have a friend call the police and say that his friend (you) is being attacked by some guy. Not only will he get his a$$ kicked but he'll get arrested. Now you can opt to not press charges if you want, but wait because he'll most likely file a warrant on you. Now all you do is talk to the DA and explain that you were attacked and be sure to say exactly that you "feared for your life". Have your friends say that all they saw was you and the guy talking and then he just attacked you. You have witnesses to colaborate your story and basicly the guy will be screwed. In the end you'll both drop the charges and you will have gotten your get back. Trust me I've been through this many times. I have no respect for people who can't respect the boundry of a relationship.

Since when did warning another dude about screwing up turn into a soap opera? :)

Bro, just confront him and forewarn him about it. If you can't learn to control your temper in a public setting than you have more problems than you first thought. If he reacts to your warning w/ a blow, then strike back, its not brain surgery. ;) :)

The most he'll do is say something smart back; just let it go, but let him know that if he ever touch's her, confront her, etc. etc. your gonna hurt him real godamn bad.....

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
there is this guy that i work with and he told my girlfriend that he liked her. she told me about it and i couldnt believe the lack of respect. i wanted to kick the **** out of him. but if i did this i would be fired so what the hell should i do. i know most likely if i confront him i will lose my temper and do something i will regret because he annoys the **** out of me. anyone got some advice on how to handle it?
Consider whether the satisfaction you would get is worth the possible repercussions of violent action on your part. Is this idiot worth upsetting your life, when you already know that your girl is faithful to you?

Life is full of idiots and assholes, there's not enough time to kill them all.

I would just let him know that it is uncool to hit on a co-workers girl friend. If you are worried about losing your temper, plan exactly what you want to say, say it and walk away. I wouldn't threaten him directly with an ass whooping, as in some workplaces that alone can get you fired or counseled or lower your evaluation.

Just lower your voice (imagine a Clint Eastwood raspy whisper) and say something like "You look like someone who would enjoy living a long healthy life. Let me give you a health tip. Eat your vegtables, don't drink, and don't mess with my girl."

Then turn and walk away.

If that doesn't work, just make sure there are no witnesses.

Greenguy

regino007

Awards
Bro take as a compliment at first. Apparently your chic is hot enought that another dude wants her. F him man. You got her and she was cool enough to tell you about it. If she would have hidden this from you then she has an interest. But she didn't. If he does it again then you're in a different boat. But for now just smile at him and nod your head. No beef bro............

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Bro, that's not worth fighting for. If he disrespects your girl or says something stupid to her than you can kick his ass.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Take it easy bro, he just hit on her. Also she brought it up to you which is a good sign. The first time I would let it go, if he does it again you approach him and tell him your thoughts on what he's doing. Then if strike three comes you hurt somebody. Or if he goes straight to touching her it's time to punish him.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
thanks for all the different points of view. when you mentioned that i should feel good that my girl is loyal to me and told me about this, my outlook on the situation changed. it went from anger to ...well not anger. but ill be watching this snake, thanks for all the good advice bros.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
ask the dude if he wants to sniff ur fingers..i personally would F-with someone like that..i would embarrass the hell outta him tell him that ur gf said"i had a retarded guy u work with ask me out..he smelled like tomatoe soup" or soemthing like that f-him..laugh it off

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Don't let it get to you too much. If you are with a hot chick that's going to happen. Now if he touches her then I would knife him in the parking lot after work.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A relationship is likened to lifting: if you don't stress the working parts then it will not grow stronger. The more times she handles her own business the more you will trust she will do it even when not in your presence.

Chemo
At what point would the couple be "overtraining"?? :D

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I personally find it a complement that other guys find my chick hot. But as long as she told you and didn't give him any reason to continue persuing her then you're cool. I would personally talk to him and tell him that your girl told you everything (as she always does) and that you think what he did was chicken **** and that you expect it to end right there. After that, just let it go. If he does it again, then stomp his ass.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
i say send the guys sister a love letter in the mail...you should have his addy from work :)

db682

Awards
  • Established
Well I didnt take the time to read all the sappy ass posts that Im sure alot of you clowns wrote but I love revenge. If the guys like most men out there then he has the attitude that you can **** with me but leave my family, friends and property out of it. Those are all key target points for revenge. Theres so much more then just decking a guy. Be creative. Have fun. Get drunk one night with a couple of friends and tell them what happened. I know damn well a bunch of drunk friends would be like "lets go get some revenge". Ive done some pretty bad ****. The memories are hilarious.

We once took this guys Honda Civic Hatchback and lifted it up (about 7 drunk people) spun it around and (after removeing a large dumpster from inside the block wall dumpster enclosure) we wedged it in there parallel so that there was no way what so ever to get it out. The enclosure was to small and the car actually got stuck worse then we expected. They ended up having to tear the walls down around the car and the car got trashed and the frame got bent.
Another time we found out that this guy was fucking with my friends girl at her work all the time and she got in trouble for standing up for herself so we decided it was time to once again play hardball. We found out the guy owned a beverage and ice business. We went to the business at about 4am and scaled a two story building (like the freakin SWAT team, with a rope with a big ass hook type claw on the end that we threw on the roof till it caught something) to get on the roof. We then comensed to disconnect the freezer units (for the freezer and cold storage rooms) and AC units (for the rest of the building) we rolled these huge freakin units right over the edge of the roof and they dropped 2 stories and pretty much exploded on impact. We then took a bunch of rebar and quick set concrete (portland powder) and mix up the concrete on the roof in buckets and filled every ventalation pipe and exhaust pipe the exited the building with the concrete then drop a bunch of rebar down to make sure that they couldnt just break the concrete out and fix it. The rebar was so when the plumbers or contractor came to fix it they would try and use a drill type roto rooter machine and the heads would keep breaking when it hit the rebar. The poor guy had to demo out practicly the entire business and the amount of Beer and frozen goods that went bad was a very large amount. Let alone he couldnt do anything with the cold storage till he got new roof units. POOR GUY!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

REVENGE, HOW SWEET IT IS. ;)

db

db682

Awards
  • Established
Oooh I should probably let you know I was a bad kid. ;)

db

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Now if he touches her then I would knife him in the parking lot after work.
LOL!! Tell him to meet you at the playground across the street as soon as work gets out. Triple-dog dare that mofo. :D

size

Awards
  • Established
Revenge is nice.

However, revenge, in my experience, has not be worth the penalties that come with it. Court, jail, fines, fees, time etc.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
LOL!! Tell him to meet you at the playground across the street as soon as work gets out. Triple-dog dare that mofo. :D
LOL That reminds me of high school. "Meet me at the dirt road at 2:15 punk" :)

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
db682 thats why businesses have insurance and you probably did him a favor.

db682

Awards
  • Established
db682 thats why businesses have insurance and you probably did him a favor.
Yeah right, I just love when some jackass steals heavy machinary or tools off one of my jobsites and it stops work from moving forward. And Im sure the property owner doesnt mind when I tell him the project completion date has to be rescheduled because of some unfortunate mishaps. YEAH RIGHT!! Its my ass when anything that interferes with business effects the way work gets done.
True insurance covers damages and property loss but it doesnt cover lost profits and the expense of personal hours required to get insurance to cover it. I wish everytime something happened that delayed work progression I could just call insurance and say "hey I need you guys to cut me a couple checks to pay my workers since they havent been able to perform due to lack of equiptment. (AKA loss wages and profits)"
INSURANCE COMPANIES SUCK PERIOD!!! They want to pay you just as bad as you like paying taxes. The more it cost them the longer the process of getting reimbursed takes. Trust me when I say the guy did not make out in the end. You cannot be distributor of beer and alcohol and keep your clients happy when you tell them they need to find a new supplier "temporaily".

db

PS. Sorry about the rant but Im dealing with a huge Insurance problem as we speak. I just had a hundred thousand dollar mobile high power generator stolen from a jobsite out in the sticks and the insurance company is trying to tell us its the property owners insurance policy that should cover it because the unit is supposed to be stationary there for more then 1 year. I refused to even speak to the property owner about it because Ive had **** like this happen before and my insurance always covered it before. How the hell am I going to tell a client that his insurance needs to pay for my stolen property and not expect for him to lose his sense of well-being for my company. Give me a fucking break!!! The last few times Ive spoken to my insurance company over the phone Ive wanted to reach through the phone and grab them by there freaking neck. If not for the 5 million dollar bond they have with us Id be quick to recommend finding a new insurance company but weve been with them for about 10 years already a 5 million dollar bond is not easy to come by. Worse part about it is that we think its an employee that is behind the theft but cant blame anybody till were sure. Theyll get caught or at least someone will the thing is not your standard generator (you need a big flat bed to transport it anywhere and they stole that too.) Serial Numbers everywhere and ordering parts for it requires the serial numbers to be able to match components.

Just like Ive screwed people in the past, everything in life goes in circles. It gets me every now and then to0 but I except it and smile and say "Whos next." ;)

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
big diff between a minor problem and total loss like that guy had. total losses are easier to handle then delay's. granted a delay is a pain in the ass, but it sounds like you shut his business down pretty much for good if not for a long time and lots of money. its like the diff between getting your car keyed and stolen and crashed. pls just steal it and crash it so i can get a new one!

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i dont think db is saying he goes around to random businesses and fucks stuff up. he is saying he fucks with people that deserve a lesson in humility.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Its more a principle thing. You gotta admit though, its definitly funny thinking about what the guy whos car we wedged in the dumpster area could have been thinking that morning as he was running out the door (probably late for work already) to find his car parked in an impossible position in between three walls and then yo realize there is no way what so ever to get it out. Thats definitly an excuse that your boss would question.

db
owner and chairman of "db's wreaking service"
"If you own it we'll **** it up. You fix it we'll **** it up again."

csakiges

Awards
wow, DB, had (S) some issues. LOL!!!!!!! :D That is some good **** though. the worst thing is, I was trying to picture it as you were describing it.

As for me, I have fought over girls in High School. one time a guy kept stalking my girl and I went to his house with a bunch of my boys. I got in him and then his dad tried to push me off of him and when he did the dude welted me up a couple of times (I had a big freakin black eye, not as bad as the accident I had recently) and then i got in him some more and we stopped when my buddy tried to rush his dad for grabbing me with brass knuckles and his dad pulled a .22 on us. Cops and all kinds of ****, it wasn't fun. Now if they are stalking, I can see, but just because he hit on your girl, even if he does know she has a man. If he didn't know, then I reallly wouldn't have a problem, that is just being a guy. If he did know, again that is being a guy, I would have a problem, but let her handle it. That fighting and revenge **** was for high school, now I have too much to lose and too much trust for my girlfriend, she will know how to handle it. I know it is about principles, but it sounds like some (and I am not saying anyone here) don't trust there woman, to get that upset because a coworker hit on them. Just imagine how many times they have been hit on and haven't told you just to save problems. Women get hit on all the time. Don't get me wrong, at the company outing, I am not going to be buddy buddy with him, he will get the picture that I know, without me saying it or even giving a dirty look. Just the simple fact I won't acknowledge him. If he says hello I won't say it back, just so he knows I know. Now if he touched her or again stalked her, that would be a different story. i would hope I wouldn't do anything irrational but at the same time, that would piss me off so bad, I damn well might slit a brake line or cause bodily injury with my car or something!LOL :D

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
So much drama...

If you love your girlfriend and she loves you why not let her handle it? You can't be with her 24 hours per day and the trust has to start somewhere. There is nothing more satisfying for me than to see my wife refute the advances of others...it instills more trust between us and we grow stronger. A relationship is likened to lifting: if you don't stress the working parts then it will not grow stronger. The more times she handles her own business the more you will trust she will do it even when not in your presence.

Get the idea?

Chemo

I was going to say something similar. I used to be real jealous..then I had a gf once who made me realize what chemo just said. You need to let the chics handle this stuff themselves...I mean if there is a guy who is being obnoxious (sp?) right in front of you and your gf has been trying to handle it herself and he still won't leave her alone then its time to beat some ass..

reminds me of a time I was in a bar with this chic I was dating a few years ago....(the one who made me realize this)..a guy was being annoying and trying to dace with her etc..it pissed me off, I said something to him at first but she got pissed so I let her handle it, she would turn around etc..ignore him...then the dude just got out of hand and started putting his arm around her and looking right at me as if to provoke me or something then I got loud with the guy and was about to kick his ass..the worst part is the girl got pissed at me again for saying something..if your going to handle it..then handle it...

anyway..let them handle it..if it gets out of hand she will let you know..then go from there...if anything tell her to file harrassment charges..lol

h19

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
also DB man how did you get away with all that ****..where I live we would have been found out somehow..

also you should make a movie or write a book or something

maybe a video game

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I think Roy should leave Jim Halpert alone. Everyone likes Jim better anyway.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
If you trust her, you have nothing to worry about. If you dont trust her, your relationship has more problems then your co-worker could create.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
true. but its better than most of our newer ones
its ridiculous how some guys get..... worse than chicks sometimes....:run:

funny how old this post was and some people might not have known...lol but who hasnt had someone hit on their significant other?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i can understand the why the guy is pissed. it wasnt just a random person that hit on his girlfriend it was a coworker. that is straight up disrepect to him. a guy that hits on his coworkers grilfriends sounds like a prick to me, he's probably one of those cocky douchebag coworkers. i would want to teach that guy some respect as well.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to see if they're still together.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i can understand the why the guy is pissed. it wasnt just a random person that hit on his girlfriend it was a coworker. that is straight up disrepect to him. a guy that hits on his coworkers grilfriends sounds like a prick to me, he's probably one of those cocky douchebag coworkers. i would want to teach that guy some respect as well.
yes its the fact that dude KNEW this girl had a boyfriend and still hit on her. that just says " fcuk you " to the boyfriend. if some dude at a bar walked up to my wife and hit on her id prob let it slide. but if a friend of hers or a co worker who knew she was married said some dumb $hit like that id fcuk his whole month up. not even kidding. not because im afraid that he might take my girl but because it disrespects me.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
yes its the fact that dude KNEW this girl had a boyfriend and still hit on her. that just says " fcuk you " to the boyfriend. if some dude at a bar walked up to my wife and hit on her id prob let it slide. but if a friend of hers or a co worker who knew she was married said some dumb $hit like that id fcuk his whole month up. not even kidding. not because im afraid that he might take my girl but because it disrespects me.

seriously situations like those happen more often than you all realize, its no big deal. its just pathetic and funny. they only time its a big deal is if the person hits on the boyfriend or girlfriend when the couple are physically standing together.... that's when its irritating!

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Bro, that's not worth fighting for. If he disrespects your girl or says something stupid to her than you can kick his ass.

I'll double that one. I've got a pretty hot wife that gets hit ALL the time. It goes with the territory. No biggy. I usually get free beers from it every time I go to the bathroom or something, i come back and she has a couple of beers on the table. I say thanks to the kind gentlemen who gave them to her and tip my new beer towards him. Now if a line is crossed then a stern talking to is in order but violence? ehhhh...whatever. As long as there is no disrespect can you blame a guy for trying? nahhhhh. Especially if your not married to her, its all fair game until the ring is on the finger.

Wifey and i went out last sat. there was a guy I noticed was checking her out from across the room while she was at the bar. Then his drunk ass waddle over to her. I watched her as she pointed to me out about 10 feet away. When he looked at me i just shoke my head a bit. He waddled off to his next victim. i ended up taking a piss next to him in the bathroom and he apologized. Its better than having a girl who noone wants to hit on right?