Differences from right to left arm....

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
I can't get over the imperfections in my arms...i hate how the left looks different than the right. like my left bicep and tricep is shaped different...also one is more cut, and one is bigger. i always look at em now. does anyone else have this problem?

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes! Try JO left handed for a while.

Glad I could help!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
I had that problem. After a bad car wreck my left arm lost size (3/4 inch differance). I dropped anything that was straight bar and have done Dumbbell work for the last 6 months. Now my left is within a 1/4 inch of my right.

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
It's a pretty common problem man. Make sure your form in the same with with both arms. With one handed exercises, like db curls, the motion may vary in each arm resulting in a different shape of the muscle. Also, if alternating left to right such as with db curls, tricep extensions, ect, do the weaker/smaller side first so you are less fatigued and can focus more on it. I do this now even with db curls where a alternate sides each rep. I always start the first rep with my left arm because it's lagging behind the right.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
i guess that makes sense... i keep thinking the imperfections are due to an injury of some sort awhile back. because my left arm always has pain on certain days, and i think it might be a tear or something...causing the difference in shape.

the arm with the pain is very rigid/sharp looking, there like rivits in the muscles. the right is arm is smooth

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My left shoulder slides out of place when I lift in comparison to my right. I have a muscle on my left arm that hurts to lift with(the one between tricep and bicem on the outside) from damaging it in HS.

My left arm is prolly 3/4 an inch smaller easy and a hell of alot weaker. Its hard to correct. My left shoulder and shoulder blade slide into a weird forward extended position with I tense up, my right doesnt. Just my injuries adding up.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
I can't get over the imperfections in my arms...i hate how the left looks different than the right. like my left bicep and tricep is shaped different...also one is more cut, and one is bigger. i always look at em now. does anyone else have this problem?
I have a similar issue, only my right bi is bigger then my left.
When I got back into lifting there was like a 3/4" diffreance in size.
Over the last 7-8 months or so the left caught up. Still a bit of a diff, but only like 1/4" or less.

Yes! Try JO left handed for a while.

Glad I could help!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Roids1: That does not work. It just does not feel the same. LOL.. :)

JP.

master992

Awards
guys im having this problem but not just the biceps difference also my breast muscles my right side is way bigger then my left side what should i do???