Poll: The Major reasons I lift are:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I lift weights because ...

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... Last
  1. New Member
    comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.82%

    I lift weights because ...


    feel free to add

  2. New Member
    COLOSSUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    144
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    56.92%

    because...........

    i am able to do everyday things a lot easier.
    I am a lot better to look at.
    IT MAKES ME HAPPY.
    helps me have a positive outlook on life.
    will keep me healthy (possibly live longer)
    keeps me outa trouble
  3. New Member
    comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.82%

    I was gonna put health down, forgot, damn
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    10788
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Because I used to be a skinny beanpole in high school. Now, when I go home on leave, the high school ppl are like "goddamn, what the **** happened to you?"

    2 hours in the gym per day
    500 grams of protein a day---15 bucks a day
    40 grams glutamine, 10 grams creatine--2 bucks a day
    various testosterone manipulators--1 buck a day
    having arms the size of their head--priceless
  5. Banned
    sifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    15.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    40grams of glutamine good lord.
  6. New Member
    comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    Because I used to be a skinny beanpole in high school. Now, when I go home on leave, the high school ppl are like "goddamn, what the **** happened to you?"

    2 hours in the gym per day
    500 grams of protein a day---15 bucks a day
    40 grams glutamine, 10 grams creatine--2 bucks a day
    various testosterone manipulators--1 buck a day
    having arms the size of their head--priceless
    that would fall under the vanity option,
    thats alot of protein
  7. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    10788
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    yeah, i suppose it would. my wife calls it a psychological problem associated with bad high school experiences. hell, i dunno, but that's why i do it.
  8. New Member
    z0rr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    62.91%

    Personally, I want to scare people. 0_0

    edit: Well...after thinking about it, I just want to be big. Like, walking down the street and people say, 'I dun wanna mess with that dude.' That kinda thing.
  9. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    10788
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    yeah, that too. i like that look i get. of course, the bald head and tats help.
  10. New Member
    JPAFL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    149
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    86.83%

    #1THE GIRLS
    #2Scaring people- nothing feels better then when people respect you.
    #3Health - lost a ton of weight - put on a ton of muscle
  11. Elite Member
    ManBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,515
    Rep Power
    48651
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I lift because i was fat ugly and weak, I refuse to be any of those ever again...

    ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  12. New Member
    comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.82%

    suprise, suprise, looks like vanity is the leading answer, so far,
    in retrospect I could have broken down vanity into subcatagories know that this is probably the main reason anyone gets invovled,

    like
    * scarring people
    * to look better for myself
    * Impressing people
    * feeling big
  13. New Member
    comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.82%

    arnorld said something to the effect that the pump was the best high
  14. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Other,
    I like pain and really making myself sore





    Just kidding..
  15. New Member
    seanmcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    134
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    0.33%

    i lift because i love it

    take it eaz
    sean
  16. Banned
    GangstaJDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    12.24%

    I lift because I've engrained it into my brain and it has become a part of my life. Not lifting would be like not showering, or not eating.

    I lift because while every other guy is out drinking his way into being a fatass with a pair of tits, I'll be building the power to put him in his place when he gets too cocky.

    I lift because looking in the mirror and being happy with what you see on a constant basis really boosts your self-esteem.

    I lift because I remember the feeling I got when I saw that huge sonofabitch walking down the street, and want to spark that feeling in others.

    I don't lift because of it, but it does motivate you to keep lifting even harder when girls get wide-eyed when you walk into the room.
  17. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I lift for health reasons, the chicks that come along are just a perk..
  18. Senior Member
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    787
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    49.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I lift for chick reasons, the health that comes along is just a perk..
  19. New Member
    Squiboy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    70.38%

    i think it helps put my aggression into something positive instead of me beating some guys face in, and the fact that no one talks **** cause im to damn big.. haha.
    also the fact that i will never be skinny ripped handsome guy, so ill just be huge guy that could break you in half. haha
  20. New Member
    westniles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    193
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    94.3%

    How can you say you lift for health if you use androgens? Just a thought...
  21. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by westniles
    How can you say you lift for health if you use androgens? Just a thought...
    Androgens can have a therapuetic(sp) effect, in moderate amounts they are healthy.. If not, HRT clinics wouldn't exist..

    Besides, I've been training for almost 14 years, and one real cycle of actual AAS, my appearance and bloodwork say I am indeed healthy..
  22. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    65.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    because of the way it feels when I touch myself.
  23. Senior Member
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    787
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    49.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    lol
  24. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    because of the way it feels when I touch myself.
    Some of us call that lubricant...
  25. Advanced Member
    db682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    527
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

    I lift because someday I wanna be like pete.

    db
  26. New Member
    thepizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    39.73%

    "Becuase when I get a "pump" it feels like im cumming. So im cumming in the morning, and in the afternoon, and when im walking down the street...its great"

    Honestly, the best part of lifting is self satisfaction, and the addictivness of it. When i first started lifting SERIOUSLY i only weighed 155lbs. I was a bitch....NOW, im more than twice the size. Its one of the most rewarding, self gratifying sports, (or hobbies) someone can get into.

    Plus, yes...scaring people is great. Honestly, when you have size, no one ****s with you. Just becuase of the way i look, i surpass so much bull**** when when i go out to a bar or at a party. All those people that talked **** to me when i was 155 and NOT lifting wont even look at me now....bitches.
  27. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,705
    Rep Power
    513538
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I lift because if I didn't the bar would crush my chest.

    Anybody else have a fear of dieing under a bar? I'd hate that because I know SOMEBODY, wife, mother et al would be saying "I just knew this would happen."

    I've gone from a skinny yet doughy 155 to a solid 183 in 4 years. I can't imagine not lifting and going back to that size again. Call it bigorexia but I like it!
  28. Senior Member
    NPursuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,782
    Rep Power
    1034
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    because of the way it feels when I touch myself.
    LOL! Classic.
  29. New Member
    z0rr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    62.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Anybody else have a fear of dieing under a bar? I'd hate that because I know SOMEBODY, wife, mother et al would be saying "I just knew this would happen."
    I
    Yep yep.
  30. New Member
    thepizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    39.73%

    i never feared about dying under that bar, but i did see a guys knee blow out when he was squatting 700lbs and that tramatised me...now im scared to put any serious weight on when i squat
  31. New Member
    Godlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    82.68%

    Because my wife is a Kung Fu pro and my strength cancels out her speed.
    Except for the joint locks "ouch"
  32. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    20135
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

    I do it because to me it's like a drug,the pump is like cocaine I love it.I get a natural high after a workout....I get a euphoric feeling when im in big and muscular and in shape...I also think the feeling of self confidence is extremly high.....
  33. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13069
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I began lifiting cause my pops bought me some weights when I was 15 and because my football coach made us. I kept lifting because it became an addiction. Oh yeah, the chicks are a bonus too.
  34. New Member
    Trapark666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    173
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    27.65%

    I lift because McDonalds has yet to come out with a low carb Big Mac value meal.
  35. Senior Member
    NPursuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,782
    Rep Power
    1034
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Because I'm shallow and want to look the best I can
  36. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,705
    Rep Power
    513538
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well you're not as pretty as me so lift harder!
  37. E-BOLLER
    Supa Freek 420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    78.04%

    Small man's syndrome, as in I was 5'6" 95 lbs. entering high school.
    Fat boy syndrome, as in at one point I was 5'8" 195 @38%bf.
    Stress relief.
  38. New Member
    2gcorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    327
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    98.07%

    i lift because all the o ther cocksuckers in the gym are trying to make me look small. That i can't allow. I know what their goal really is and there is no way in hell they will make me look small in there. to hell with them and everyone else in the gym. its a conspiracy i tell you. even the girls are out to make me look small. well it wont' happen..screw them and their goal. the only thing that will look small is well...the bigger i get the smaller a man i appear to be when it comes to proportions
  39. Advanced Member
    db682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    527
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by 2gcorey
    the only thing that will look small is well...the bigger i get the smaller a man i appear to be when it comes to proportions
    Sounds like a personal problem to me bro.
  40. New Member
    serengo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    47
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    221
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    38.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    Other,
    I like pain and really making myself sore





    Just kidding..
    Sometimes I do like the pain, it hurts in a good way because I know I hit it right! At least that's what I tell myself as I let out a string of expletives when walkking up/down the stairs after squat day.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best time to lift weights and cardio
    By Ectofighter in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 11:34 AM
  3. Study: Lifting Weights Attacks Belly Fat
    By Jayhawkk in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 01:04 AM
  4. Bodybuilding vs. Lifting Weights
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in