mandatory flu vaccines?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Let me just say this... the Government borrowing to spend on the economy is like ****ing for virginity. You HAVE to see the backwardness of it. Anybody that has read anything about economics at the micro or macro level will tell you the current progression is only to lead to hyperinflation and devaluation of the dollar.

Adams
    This is squarely in the realm of macro economics and I can assure you the "current progression" will certainly not create hyperinflation. Several key conditions must be fulfilled for hyperinflation to occur, and as far as I can see, the chances are remote.

2. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    This is squarely in the realm of macro economics and I can assure you the "current progression" will certainly not create hyperinflation. Several key conditions must be fulfilled for hyperinflation to occur, and as far as I can see, the chances are remote.
    How so? Goverment stepping into free enterprise, printing money at will... which domino is not ready to fall?
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    How so? Goverment stepping into free enterprise, printing money at will... which domino is not ready to fall?
    Review "Hyperinflation". Its occurence is heavily dependent on the robustness of what economists call "supply-side" issues.

4. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Review "Hyperinflation". Its occurence is heavily dependent on the robustness of what economists call "supply-side" issues.
    I understand the fundamentals of hyperinflation, unfortunately we have a different situation than standard economics facilitates. When Federal government stepped into free enterprise with GM, Chrysler, Banks, and now soon health care, printed trillions of dollars from thin air, the whole playing field takes on different character. Search google for hyperinflation and Obama, and you will get each issue broken down and why.
    The Historic PES Legend

5. The more educated I become, the more depressed I findmyself
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I understand the fundamentals of hyperinflation, unfortunately we have a different situation than standard economics facilitates. When Federal government stepped into free enterprise with GM, Chrysler, Banks, and now soon health care, printed trillions of dollars from thin air, the whole playing field takes on different character. Search google for hyperinflation and Obama, and you will get each issue broken down and why.
    I am an Economist.

7. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I am an Economist.
    Understood, but you failed to answer my questions... cause many economists disagree with you.
    The Historic PES Legend

8. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Understood, but you failed to answer my questions... cause many economists disagree with you.
    I have no clue where all this is leading. I responded to your comments. Your original premise (microeconomics) was incorrect. I would like to debate the economist that speculates hyperinflation in the current circumstances.
    Cheers!

9. Doubt it would happen that they would make it manditory... they never have enough to just to give the kids and elderly thier shots. Prolly almost impossible for them to make enough supply for the entire country.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Stuntbabe View Post
    Doubt it would happen that they would make it manditory... they never have enough to just to give the kids and elderly thier shots. Prolly almost impossible for them to make enough supply for the entire country.
    When they are subsidized (paid for by increased taxes under the now 1.5 trillion healthcare plan) you will see plenty of supply - manufactured by the infamous government lowest bidder standards, of course.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

11. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Interesting how a thread on flu vaccines rapidly evolved or degenerated into speculations about right of choice, organized protests, revolutions, civil war and related issues.
    It happens more than you would think lol

12. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I have no clue where all this is leading. I responded to your comments. Your original premise (microeconomics) was incorrect. I would like to debate the economist that speculates hyperinflation in the current circumstances.
    Cheers!
    My mistake on the micro level. I would love to see Peter Schiff post here and debate that with you though. I really do not think we will find that here on AM though.
    The Historic PES Legend

13. Quote Originally Posted by D3vildog View Post
    It happens more than you would think lol

14. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    When they are subsidized (paid for by increased taxes under the now 1.5 trillion healthcare plan) you will see plenty of supply - manufactured by the infamous government lowest bidder standards, of course.
    Anthrax Vaccine anyone?
    The Historic PES Legend

15. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Anthrax Vaccine anyone?
    It's not too hard to follow the inevitable thought process...

1) Government mandated..err, optioned heallth insurance
    2) It's now in the government's fiscal self-interest that you do NOTHING that could remotely be detrimental to your health (no more freedom of diet, supplements) since they can claim financial right to your habits.
    3) in that progression, mandatory vaccination can then be justified as in the governments (and of course YOUR best interest, comrade) interest.
    4) Disobedience will be grounds for imprisonment/fines.
    5) do as you're told...or else.

Amazing how this keeps going back to BigPharma.

16. Quote Originally Posted by airram479 View Post
    In a response to the 1763 uprising known as "Pontiac's Rebellion" Jeffrey Amherst, an officer in the British Army then later Commander-In Cheif,suggested using Smallpox as a weapon and means for "Racial Extermination" one the first documented attempts of biological warfare. Passing out clothing and blankets to the Indian Community infested with smallpox knowing damn well that they did not have a vaccine for this..... Today it's AIDS??? You better believe that **** is man made...
    So you're suggesting that the HIV virus is a man-made biological weapon? Oh boy...

The entire viral make-up, pathophysiology and mode of transmission STRONGLY suggest otherwise. Comparing smallpox to HIV is like comparing apples and oranges (especially in terms of being used as a biological weapon). Smallpox is highly contagious via droplet transmission or contact with infectious material. It could kill a given person in roughly a week; HIV is stricktly of blood born pathogen transmission. Even without anti-retroviral treatment, it can take up to 15 years for HIV to destroy your immune system (when certain criteria is met you're then diagnosed with AIDS) to the point where you'll eventually perish due to secondary opportunistic infections.

In other words, there is nothing about the HIV virus that makes it an effective or useful biological weapon.

Legendary

17. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    So you're suggesting that the HIV virus is a man-made biological weapon? Oh boy...

The entire viral make-up, pathophysiology and mode of transmission STRONGLY suggest otherwise. Comparing smallpox to HIV is like comparing apples and oranges (especially in terms of being used as a biological weapon). Smallpox is highly contagious via droplet transmission or contact with infectious material. It could kill a given person in roughly a week; HIV is stricktly of blood born pathogen transmission. Even without anti-retroviral treatment, it can take up to 15 years for HIV to destroy your immune system (when certain criteria is met you're then diagnosed with AIDS) to the point where you'll eventually perish due to secondary opportunistic infections.

In other words, there is nothing about the HIV virus that makes it an effective or useful biological weapon.
    Please don't feed the trolls.

18. My standpoint on the Flu Vaccine is this:

Does everyone need it every year? No

Should certain people at least consider it (i.e. The elderly and healthcare workers)? Yes

Depending on who you talk to, you'll hear a different story and recommendation about yearly influenza vaccination. In my years of experience working in emergency medicine, i've received the flu vaccine every year for the last 9 years; i've NEVER become sick. I can't tell you how many people i've been exposed to as well that were either influenza A or B positive along the way during that time period. I don't think everyone needs it, but for some, it's definitely beneficial to take.

Vaccines save lives. There is no debating that. Are there risks? Sure - there are risks with just about EVERYTHING in life. The benefits of most childhood vaccines without-a-doubt outweigh the risks in every regard. It's not only a matter of individual protection, but also to the general public as well.

The only vaccine i'm still not 100% on-board with is Varicella (chicken pox). Now, i do believe though that if you haven't encountered it by the time you're a young adult, then it most certainly is warranted. Varicella disease in an adult is not only more devastating in symptomatology, but also the mortality rate.

Legendary

19. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Please don't feed the trolls.
    It's the ignorance that kills me...

Legendary

20. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

It was my understanding it originated in Africa correct?

21. The only time I took the shot was when I hit Parris Island.
    And guess what???
    I got sick.

They can try to mandate the flu shot, and if they do I wish them the best of luck if they think they stand a chance in hell at sticking me.

JP.

22. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    ... I must also state if you do not get your children vaccinated you are a ****ing idiot. ...
    Then you are a gracious man indeed Mr. Adams, for befriending certain 'idiots' who shall remain anonymous.

23. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    Then you are a gracious man indeed Mr. Adams, for befriending certain 'idiots' who shall remain anonymous.
    Good ol' D trying to stir the pot. What it be my friend?
    The Historic PES Legend

24. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Good ol' D trying to stir the pot. What it be my friend?
    if you think of it. Vaccinations are a recent thing really, and humanity made it quite well s long without em...it survived what? 6,000 years-ish without vaccinations, but now it is a must?

25. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    if you think of it. Vaccinations are a recent thing really, and humanity made it quite well s long without em...it survived what? 6,000 years-ish without vaccinations, but now it is a must?
    Do you know child mortality rate previous to immunizations? Knowing you can prevent measles even, then your child dies of it.

Ah, here we go.

Role of Immunizations in the Recent Decline in Childhood Mortality and the Changes in the Female/Male Mortality Ratio in Rural Senegal
    A. Desgrées du Loû1, G. Pison1, and P. Aaby2

1Laboratoire d'Anthropologie Biologique (UMR 152 du CNRS), Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Musée de I'Homme Paris, France.
    2Epidemiology Research Unit, Danish Epidemiology Science Center, Statens Seruminstftut Copenhagen, Denmark.

Reprint requests to Dr. G. Pison, Laboratoire d'Anthropologie Biologique (UMR 152 du CNRS), Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Musee de I'Homme, 17 place du Trocadero, 75116 Paris, France.

In early 1987, immunizations were introduced to an isolated area of eastern Senegal where there had previously been no regular immunizations. Since immunizations were the only change introduced in the area during this period, this allowed the authors to study the impact of immunizations on mortality in different age groups and the possible interaction with sex differences in mortality. They compared mortality rates for the 6 years before and the 6 years after the introduction of immunization. Neonatal mortality declined 31% (95% confidence interval (Cl) 17 to 43); between 1 and 8 months of age, the reduction was 20% (95% Cl -2 to 37); and between 9 and 59 months of age, mortality declined 48% (95% Cl 39 to 56). Excluding acute measles deaths, the reduction was 16% (95% Cl –8 to 35) between 1 and 8 months of age and 32% (95% Cl 20 to 43) between 9 and 59 months of age. The decline was stronger in villages that maintained high coverage after the initial national campaign, whereas mortality increased again in the villages where the coverage declined. Since the reduction in mortality was most marked after 9 months of age, measles immunization is likely to have been the most important vaccination. Both female and male mortality declined but not equally quickly. The reduction in mortality in the neonatal period was significantly greater in males than in females, resulting in an increase in the female/male mortality ratio from 0.64 (95% Cl 0.50 to 0.83) to 0.96 (95% Cl 0.71 to 1.30), p = 0.04. After 9 months of age, the reduction in mortality was somewhat greater in females than in males, resulting in a decrease in the female/male mortality ratio from 1.04 (95% Cl 0.85 to 1.28) to 0.79 (95% Cl 0.62 to 1.02), p = 0.10. Am J Epidemiol 1995;142:643–52.
    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. SHR # 1288 :: Study Shows Flu Vaccine Causes 5 Times More
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
  2. SHR # 1288 :: Study Shows Flu Vaccine Causes 5 Times More
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 06:43 PM