How to go to hell when you die.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Do not know your father. Or if your great great great grandfather didn't know his you are up the creek.
Deuteronomy 23:2 - A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the lord.

Using more than one type of fabric in your clothing.
Leviticus 19:19 - Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

Touching your husband's private parts may not get you in to hell but God does want you to lose your hand.
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand.

Guess the forefathers were trying not to displease God when they made the Injuns extinct. Or Hitler for that matter.
Deuteronomy 7:1-2 - When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations … then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Touching your husband's private parts may not get you in to hell but God does want you to lose your hand.
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand.
No worries. If they've been married for more than a few years, she probably doesn't remember where that part is anyway. Even if she did, she'd let him get killed before going near it.

Another point about marriage. The bible is very clear on the definition of marriage. It is a union b/w a man and as many wives as he can afford.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I do think it's important to live your life the way a bunch of semite tribes did 4,000 years ago. lol

Don't forget that shrimp ****tail is also an abomination.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Another point about marriage. The bible is very clear on the definition of marriage. It is a union b/w a man and as many wives as he can afford.
Not true. Old testament allowed such things, but the worlds population back then was probably under a few million. So really it was a way for population increase. But there is a point where it becomes just a man and a woman.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do not know your father. Or if your great great great grandfather didn't know his you are up the creek.
Deuteronomy 23:2 - A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the lord.

Using more than one type of fabric in your clothing.
Leviticus 19:19 - Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

Guess the forefathers were trying not to displease God when they made the Injuns extinct. Or Hitler for that matter.
Deuteronomy 7:1-2 - When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations … then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.
Someone here needs to be educated on the differences bewteen Old Testament Scripture Law and New Testament Scripture and the New Covenant.

Ignorant atheist, agnostics and Christians alike are, well...ignorant.

As you were. :)

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Werd! I'm not a religous cat myself. But, it is ironic that when you point out some of the violent messages and actions of Muhammed in the Qoran, people try to defend it by pointing to these passages in the Old Testament. Off the subject I know.

Adam23294

Adam23294

Banned
Awards
The Bible does say some very silly things. And yet, the same nonsense continues getting passed down from generation to generation. You can't spell "disinformation" without "information".

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
This is how you go to hell when you die.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU"]YouTube - Michael Jackson is Dead[/ame]

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let not any of you forget that bigotry is a bigotry.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have to keep in mind the context of when the bible was written. People saw things differently 2000-3000 years ago. There are references to things like blood lettings as a medical treatment and so forth, the world is 6000 years old, etc.

I know a lot of people who are not uneducated hillbillies, but still take this stuff literally as it's written. These folks are brilliant in all other aspects of their life, but simply refuse to accept a lot of scientific facts because they see them as incompatible with their faith.

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
:gives:Maybe we could rewrite the bible again ?! It'll be awesome we can work Ipods and Hybrid cars in somehow ! I'm going to start a thread for this right away !! TOTALLY j/k :sgrin:

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Someone here needs to be educated on the differences bewteen Old Testament Scripture Law and New Testament Scripture and the New Covenant.

Ignorant atheist, agnostics and Christians alike are, well...ignorant.

As you were. :)
However those of us who are Apathetic on the subject get to watch all the bickering. :)

Pretty Simple for me, i believe in a greater power, a name, or set of rules is irrelevant to me. I just believe and have a set of morals that i live by.

Dogma teaches you a lot.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Same here. I have a pretty conservative belief system and I know right from wrong. I also am aware that I am not a saint. When I do the wrong thing, I don't try to make excuses for myself.

I don't believe in moral relativity. If I go out and get drunk, smoke weed, or do anything else that is morally questionable, I will gladly admit that I did it because I wanted to, no excuses. I don't need any religion to provide me with a moral compass. That being said, I am not an atheist. I consider myself to be more of a deist (google it).

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Christianity and most all other religions are an attempt to use fear as an opiate for the masses . Fear is a cancerous disease to which we should not cater .:sad3:

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
How to go to hell when you die?
This is an easy answer.
Just let me get you into my sight.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here. I have a pretty conservative belief system and I know right from wrong. I also am aware that I am not a saint. When I do the wrong thing, I don't try to make excuses for myself.

I don't believe in moral relativity. If I go out and get drunk, smoke weed, or do anything else that is morally questionable, I will gladly admit that I did it because I wanted to, no excuses. I don't need any religion to provide me with a moral compass. That being said, I am not an atheist. I consider myself to be more of a deist (google it).
like yourself I have an inherent knowledge of right from wrong and a moral compass. My faith is not my morality nor does it produce more morality. It's actually the immorality that I embody that results in an abundance of grace for and from my fallen condition.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Christianity and most all other religions are an attempt to use fear as an opiate for the masses . Fear is a cancerous disease to which we should not cater .:sad3:
Suppose I state that gays and lesbian are a disease to which we should not cater to.

As I stated
Let not any of you forget that bigotry is a bigotry.
You get a boat load of people who are godless who will jump up and down and scream how bigoted Christians (God fearing people of faith) are about such and such, yet they have no issue being bigoted themselves in their opinion about matters of faith.

I believe that is a double standard and hypocritical.

As you were.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Suppose I state that gays and lesbian are a disease to which we should not cater to.

As I stated

You get a boat load of people who are godless who will jump up and down and scream how bigoted Christians (God fearing people of faith) are about such and such, yet they have no issue being bigoted themselves in their opinion about matters of faith.

I believe that is a double standard and hypocritical.

As you were.
With all due respect. I disagree. Setting a standard with a very serious consequence should the standard not be followed is a form of control by definition. Making a statement stating that is happening is not bigotry but an observation.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
like yourself I have an inherent knowledge of right from wrong and a moral compass. My faith is not my morality nor does it produce more morality. It's actually the immorality that I embody that results in an abundance of grace for and from my fallen condition.
The issue I have with religion is that it seems to be so divisive. Christians believe that if you don't accept Jesus as the messiah, you won't go to heaven. Muslims believe that if you don't recognize Muhammed as the messenger of god, you won't go to heaven. Buddhists, Jews, sikhs, yezidis, zoroastrians, etc all believe that those who don't worship god their way are enemies of god. Atheists believe that a higher power can not possibly exist because they can't see, hear, smell, taste, or feel it. It all seems equally ignorant and arrogant to me.

That's why I consider myself to be more of a deist. A god probably does exist, but my limited human intellect is most likely incapable of understanding whatever is responsible for creating the universe. Yet, I still have to accept responsibility for my own behavior while I'm here.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
Why do people get roids started on this **** :sgrin:

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey, we're all going. I'm just trying to get prepared as best I can. You need to start doing the same nigerian! :sgrin:

Plus, you know the effect a coupla natty ices has on me Kn...!

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe not you if you accept Muhammed as your prophet.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The issue I have with religion is that it seems to be so divisive. Christians believe that if you don't accept Jesus as the messiah, you won't go to heaven. Muslims believe that if you don't recognize Muhammed as the messenger of god, you won't go to heaven. Buddhists, Jews, sikhs, yezidis, zoroastrians, etc all believe that those who don't worship god their way are enemies of god. Atheists believe that a higher power can not possibly exist because they can't see, hear, smell, taste, or feel it. It all seems equally ignorant and arrogant to me.

That's why I consider myself to be more of a deist. A god probably does exist, but my limited human intellect is most likely incapable of understanding whatever is responsible for creating the universe. Yet, I still have to accept responsibility for my own behavior while I'm here.
As a Christian I too completely understand. Who said (aside from the Bible text which can obviously be seen as a biased report) that my God, Jesus, is the only God and Christ is the only way. Some of us Christians are not that absolute in our projection of our faith on others. It is a mystery that I have to temper with a confidence and a humility.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established

Keep in mind that personal faith does not have to be devisive. That is not to say that people haven't used faith to divide and conquer, history has taught us this much, but faith isn't the bad actor here, people are.

Faith is between you and God. I cannot make you believe anything, nor you me. If you are curious about my faith, or have a question I will be the first one to talk to you about what I have learned and experienced, but I do not believe that it is my place to try and make you believe what I do.

When Jesus was on the Cross there were two others with Him. One believed and trusted Him, and one did not. Jesus did not do anything to try and convince either one of them. It has been the same way ever since. When presented with Jesus people either reject or accept Him, and just like in that first instance this is a decision that is not forced or coerced by anyone. Since this is the case I personally believe that it is quite silly to try to talk someone into faith, and it is equally silly to try and talk someone out of faith.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
im catholic and i disagree with alot of my faith that i was "forced" to believe in. IMO..we all are in hell now..when we die we go to heaven or pergatory( either heaven or back on earth..reincarnation)..my religion goes as far as selling beer and gambling at church "block parties" to raise money$$$$$$$$$