Screen Name

K

keeper

I'm often curious about screen names. Where they came from, do they have meaning and so forth. Tell us about the origin of your handle here.

Mine is a nick from my kick-ball teammates. Anytime there was to be a trade, they would say "keep her." It stuck.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
I'm from Texas. I like wolves. I have used it for years.

I also see myself as a predatory beast somewhat like a wolf.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
when i joined i was wanting to get bigger and stronger for football, my mascot the panthers and my number 77, cool thread tho. reps

Adam23294

Adam23294

Banned
Awards
I'm often curious about screen names. Where they came from, do they have meaning and so forth. Tell us about the origin of your handle here. Mine is a nick from my kick-ball teammates.
I woulda guessed yours came from the fact that you is SO fine....and definitely a keeper.

Mine is my first name.

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
Childhood nickname by close friends. Just pretty much always wired and "bad boy" always touching the 3rd Rail.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
hell im glad i didnt use my nickname from middle school, i woulda been fat_tucker209 or something haha

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
JW are my initials, 32 was my basketball # and Hoops is self-explanitory. I'm 6' freakin 7" for ****'s sake!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Former Marine, I use Leet cause im a computer / tech guy to describe my inner nerd

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Roids was my nickname in high school since eerbody was convinced I was on roids. I was 6'3/220 at 15yrs old.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
JassUSMC cuz everyone in the Corps calls me Jass, and im in the Corps, so USMC...

F

Future

FUTURE: went to a liberal arts college. They always talked about learning and being as well rounded as possible. They wanted us to be the FUTURE of society.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Roids was my nickname in high school since eerbody was convinced I was on roids. I was 6'3/220 at 15yrs old.
haha as annoying as it is for everyone to say that it always made me feel good

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
FUTURE: went to a liberal arts college. They always talked about learning and being as well rounded as possible. They wanted us to be the FUTURE of society.
at your size i bet you stood out at a college like that lol

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
My screen name derives from my real last name. It is also a nickname that was given to me by my friends.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
mines lame, but back when the first fast and the furious came out they mentioned in the movie that Dom (vin diesel) had "NOS running through his veins"

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BUCKNUTS is a magazine dedicated to all things Ohio State. GO BUCKS!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
BUCKNUTS is a magazine dedicated to all things Ohio State. GO BUCKS!!
I'm a buckeye myself, Gotta love having the best as a football team.

Mine is derived of a long complex Alter Ego(basically your screen name) evolution from gaming growing up. The Zero which I originally used as Zero.EXE was based off of ZERO the Maverick off of the old megaman games.

V is the initial of my last name. I usually use Zero Masters, masters being derived of my old OML name from the 90s. I still use it wide spread, but Zero V is slowly becoming my new name.

Blind Sniper also used to be a favorite.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Baby-faced. Short-tempered like the hulk. Also a childhood hero. (Ferrigno rocks)

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I was only about 210 in college. I was very busy studying and only worked out a few times a week.

Oh I see, well you don't appear to only work out a few times a week now haha

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
I have owned an 1988 Full size Blazer for years, currently has 406,000 miles on it. Do alot of mudding. It was often Muddy and wet, when it started to dry the Mud would smell like an old dog. My Kids Nicknamed it the Wetdawg. So myself having alot of miles and working like a Dog earned the name.

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I found a key , opened a door , and my name was laying there in the dirt . So I picked it up , dusted it off , and am currently trying to take better care of it .

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
my name and my clunker (in the avi)

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
If I told you, I would have to kill you!

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
Because I love David Coverdale...........

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
nemesis-----> RESIDENT EVIL!!! (say in that deep scary voice, like in the game) lol.

An old workout partner used to say I look like nemesis or one of those tyrant things from resident evil game because I have some visible, very large veins on the front of my calves.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
My name is pretty self explanatory. When I joined the board I had two boys, and since they are my reason for living the name was easy to conjure up. Since joining though I have added a daughter to the mix, so technically I am Dadof3 now.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Mine is symbol of how I feel inside. At one point in my life I was a dedicated christian and during the course of a year I began to die inside as a result of what other christians were doing around me. On specific day I decided to die inside to everything related to God. I threw out the baby with the bathwater. Like many in the world I have a bad taste for the church in general and wished to find those few genuine people out there who know how what it is to live as a disciple.

DEADn is pronounced deden.

Weightlifting has been a kind of chemical for me.

L

loki515

Awards
simple that is the name of my 10yrd old 4 legged son. lol I love my pitbull and just have that name after him. the 515 is a number i have had from a contracting job i had 20yrs ago as a tech number

S

Stuntbabe

Awards
Used to do prof. motorcycle stunts...
It just kinda stuck with me.....

becca79

becca79

Awards
mine is pretty simple. becca for rebecca and 79 is for the year I was born. :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey keeper, long time no chat...;) So mine is a from my brother trauma 1 (primordial's rep) . We use to play this video game "time splitters 2" all the time. A dude on ther was named harry tipper. I always called him tripper, so that half of it. The other part comes from the movie 'Dont be a menance to south central while drinkin your juice in the hood. Trauma called me loc dog from the movie, and i call him trey (the 2 waynes brothers). So its a hybred name that has personal meaning to me.

J

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
My initials, when i first signed up for triedia many years ago i never though i would post. I began posting and people knew me under this name so i didn't make sense to change it. I think as many people recognize my avatar as i have been using it for about 8 years.

R

rkc21

Awards
'russian kettlebell challenge'. 21 is a cool number.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when I was a kid all the other Aussie kids got kangaroos to ride to school on.

All I got was this jakel with rabies. The only good thing about it was it could beat up the other kids' pets pretty bad.

The joke was I was the Jakell's pet. They werent far from the truth. I was feared at school.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife gave me mine... I have also used WarriorPoet on some boards as it kind of describes my conflicting personality.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Older thread but a good 1 especially since the last post was on my sister's birthday.

A nickname gave to me from a good friend of mine while we talked with a friend of his who runs a local pro wrestling show. My friend was saying I should try it and he just went on some idea run of my "story." Apparently I look Native American so he said I could called Tomahawk and went into detail about costume and all. Def pretty fun not going to lie. He just kept calling me Tomahawk and I eventually liked it so now I use it.

When I was young we would play backyard football. I would basically stick close by the QB and be a dump off option. So I always liked the idea of playing TE. Obviously if u look at my stats there was no chance in hell of that happening at any level. 88 sounds like a good TE to me. The more I think about it should have wanted to be a FB. I was/am slow but was tough as hell to bring down and never stopped moving forward even when I was dragging people. I wasn't stopping till I was on the ground.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Contrary to popular belief, mine doesn't have anything to do with a condom halo.:lol:

I'd tell you, but... You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Mine is from the name of this anime/live action movie series where the main character wears bio-armor that is activated when he is in danger or by mental command. It bonds with the host.
And there were 3 main suits that fell to earth.
I figured I'd use X because its an unknown quantity and would probably be a higher powered one.
I was going to use SymbioteX like Spiderman symbiote suit, but the Guyver unit had more practical uses as a fighting armor.

I also like the idea I saw on the 21st century weapons show about the ideas of the military having this advanced body armor and the new capabilities... 360 degree vision, limited optical camouflage etc.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
toughchick401, well I work in a psych hospital, I have to take 300 pd kids down and restrian them, i am a girl and 401 is the area code :)

TC