Fantasy Baseball 2009

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just a thread to kick around lineup questions, trade questions and just bs about fantasy baseball.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
MONEY!

I spot started Gaudin last night....f*ckin dollas. Hanson has been pretty decent so far too.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I had Hanson all year... sitting... waiting. Love him. He's starting this week.

I picked up Zimmerman for 2 starts, but he got moved... one start against Josh Johnson - so I subbed in Sean West against WAS (Stammen)... Wish I had more than 4 starts this week.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yea I had to choose between Hanson and Zimmerman....went with Hanson. People in the draft were all..."He's in triple A".

Zimmerman has the skills, it's just....the Nats.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yea I had to choose between Hanson and Zimmerman....went with Hanson. People in the draft were all..."He's in triple A".

Zimmerman has the skills, it's just....the Nats.
I'd take one Hanson start over 2 Zimmerman starts... the guy just exudes confidence.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Over / Under Kawakami for 1 win this week.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Under, he'll be on a watch for the neck and will be limited to around 85 pitches.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
his K/9 has tapered since the first month of the season too....something to consider...especially being from Japan.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
his K/9 has tapered since the first month of the season too....something to consider...especially being from Japan.
Lineup is IN.

B. Inge C
P. Fielder 1B
D. Uggla 2B
C. Jones 3B
H. Ramirez SS
T. Hunter OF
C. Lee OF
N. McLouth OF
J. Fox DH
C. Carpenter SP
T. Hanson SP
S. West SP
J. Broxton RP

FLA already looks like a rain out... F*ck.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yea....I've got Nolasco goin tonight. Hopefully Nelson Cruz can shake this horrible slump off.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I just traded Uggla, that average was killing me.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Nolasco is strong through 8... No lead though...

Looks like Lin-e-cumbucket is about to put a CG SO on my ass.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nolasco looks like he may be back.

Lincecum is just sick. I hate when I face him. At least give Brian Wilson a save, f*ckin greedy f*ck. (I've got Wilson :D).

Fox had a decent game, 2-3 1 R.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Nolasco looks like he may be back.

Lincecum is just sick. I hate when I face him. At least give Brian Wilson a save, f*ckin greedy f*ck. (I've got Wilson :D).

Fox had a decent game, 2-3 1 R.
Good luck with a save with a 9-0 lead... plus a low pitch count to boot. I'm so f*cked. First start of two this week. :damnit:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Oh well. Hanley and crew are hooking you up with a Win it looks like!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
:lol: I haven't checked the score in a while...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Any chance Fielder steals third? :lol:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Word, 2 birds with one stone....get Nunez in there.

My opponent is completely stacked with pitching. I'm f*cked in that aspect. Plus he has Ellsbury and he will problably go off.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Also good to see Torii Hunter going for the Golden Sombrero tonight.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I don't want to hear it. Lincecum is seriously destroying me.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nunez in the game :dance:

Dude I know how you feel. :redeemerwhore:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Oh look! Here comes Lincecum in for the 9th! What's this?! Oh, he has a giant tube of TimberLube!!!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny:

Haha, on another note.....How the f*ck does Jonathan Papelbon get a 4-0 save? ( I know how but WHY!!!!!!!!!!!)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny:

Haha, on another note.....How the f*ck does Jonathan Papelbon get a 4-0 save? ( I know how but WHY!!!!!!!!!!!)
Yeah, its all about RISP and if the tying run is at the plate... has nothing to do with 3 or less runs.

Most people don't get that.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yea if the tying run is even on deck it's a save....I hate JP.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps pick up our Yankees conversation here?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yea no doubt, might as well.

Think Arod is back?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yea no doubt, might as well.

Think Arod is back?
Conundrum. He's still going to get a day off each week for the time being. He was benched in my league, but alas - I couldn't pull off a trade for him. Still possible I guess, but the guy wanted to take Fielder from me, and replace with Giambi. I never want to see Giambi again.

That said... A-Rod does look a little smaller lately.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Right there with you.

If he ever wears pinstripes, I'll be a Mets fan.
It's a labor of love...definitely not easy. Miniature heart attacks almost daily from April till September.

Anyhoo, my H2H team is 4-8 and my Roto team is in 5th place (of 10)...rough year. :sad3:

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
idk man...I don't wach the Yanks too much, but I saw A-Roid* during IL play recently and thought he looked pretty damn jacked. It was noteworthy actually, my buddy who was watching the game with me mentioned it as well.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
idk man...I don't wach the Yanks too much, but I saw A-Roid* during IL play recently and thought he looked pretty damn jacked. It was noteworthy actually, my buddy who was watching the game with me mentioned it as well.
Hmm... perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'll take a look tonight again. He's definitely getting the lateral movement back again.

Must suck for you out there in Cali trying to watch the Mets. You buy some sort of package?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
It's a labor of love...definitely not easy. Miniature heart attacks almost daily from April till September.

Anyhoo, my H2H team is 4-8 and my Roto team is in 5th place (of 10)...rough year. :sad3:
I'm currently sitting in 4th in my H2h Money league....dominating in Roto.

Conundrum. He's still going to get a day off each week for the time being. He was benched in my league, but alas - I couldn't pull off a trade for him. Still possible I guess, but the guy wanted to take Fielder from me, and replace with Giambi. I never want to see Giambi again.

I managed to pull of an A-Rod trade. Gave up Quentin, Chamberlain, and Bell :damnit:

Arod does look decently cut

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm... perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'll take a look tonight again. He's definitely getting the lateral movement back again.

Must suck for you out there in Cali trying to watch the Mets. You buy some sort of package?
Yup, bought the MLB Extra Innings package. Only thing that sucks is the time difference. I'm at work till 5pm Pacific, but the games usually start at 7pm Eastern, so I either have to DVR it and hope my friends back home don't text me with spoilers or just say "eff it" and skip the first few innings.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Heath Bell? Quentin was a scam... Sounds like you got the better part of that trade.

I'm on the upswing in my H2H... 16 teams and I'm 8th - so in the playoffs if we broke today... but I'm 6-2 or something over my last 8.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yup, bought the MLB Extra Innings package. Only thing that sucks is the time difference. I'm at work till 5pm Pacific, but the games usually start at 7pm Eastern, so I either have to DVR it and hope my friends back home don't text me with spoilers or just say "eff it" and skip the first few innings.
I still can't do delayed action sports.

Its nice to live in your team's market... I have it easy in baseball, but I have to shell out to watch my Lakers.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yea, I swung Quentin after his first hot month...had to show the league he was "legit". Losing Heath is f*cking me, shoulda traded Lindstrom. He absolutely killed me for a couple of weeks

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
All of my hitters are in the double digits in HRs except for Stephen Drew. Sucks!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I managed to pick up Tulowitski.

Got Reyes on the DL...f*cking 1st round draft pick.