Lets play doctor, hurt knee

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
1. Running into the ocean all my weight on my right leg herd some kind of pop or crack type of sound on my right knee but did not fall or lose strength continued my training on the beach but soon afterwards hurt to bend and straighten leg

2. 1-3 days later still hurt to straighten leg and bend it past 90degreess or less aka sitting duck, but fine for sitting on toliet, straighten pain went away now 1.5 weeks later still hurts just as bad to bend it sitting duck

3. Still waiting for paperwork to finish before heading to doctors but what does it sound like? i have no noticable marks, swelling, bruising, pain other then when bent far, hurts to pick it up and bend it so doesnt need to be weight bearing still able to perform all duties just hurts to bend past 90-75 degress and smaller

looking for advice anyone have this injury before?

StuartGould

Awards
No swelling at all? Any particular area tender too touch?

Ortho not my field but could be a collateral lig problem. Was there any twisting at the time of the injury?

Not likely meniscus or cruciate without swelling of joint (effusion)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
No swelling at all?
-Not that i can find

Any particular area tender too touch?
-nope

Was there any twisting at the time of the injury?
-most likely slight twisting, like i said i didnt fall

thanks for your comments

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Meniscus wont swell at all, I have torn mine twice just unbearable pain, could not sit, stand, lay down for extended periods of time, fixed and now with my trusty robo brace (from hip to calf) i am as good as new :)

Look into it, you will feel so much better when your fixed...

tc

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Meniscus wont swell at all, I have torn mine twice just unbearable pain, could not sit, stand, lay down for extended periods of time, fixed and now with my trusty robo brace (from hip to calf) i am as good as new :)

Look into it, you will feel so much better when your fixed...

tc
thanks, so if my injury doesnt swell it could be related to meniscus, but i dont have any actual pain unless im bending my knee, so maybe its not the meniscus, could it simply just be a sprain or strain or some type? its almost 2 weeks now and still isnt much change

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Go to your DR, ask for a MRI, it's the only way to tell !!!!

TC

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say meniscus as well. One of their main functions is to reduce friction in the joint. If you're experiencing most pain when moving then that seems to be the culprit. The torn piece of meniscus could be caught inbetween your femuar and tibia. Pain and difficulty moving are sure to follow. I've screwed up both knees man and have plenty of rehab experience. I would certainly go to a doctor and get an MRI. You may or may not need surgery. Unfortunatley the meniscus has very limited blood supply, so it does not heal like the rest of our body. If they do recommend surgery...get it. It'll suck for sure at first, but it'll be worth it in the long run to get it cleaned up ASAP.

Aint it a b*tch when you f*ck something up doing something as innocent as running into the ocean lol? I've personally witnessed someone blow out a knee playing dodgeball during gym and another tear the ACL and MCL during a shuttle run in gym. Both in high school.

Gym class....not as innocent as it may seem.