Baseball Thread 2009

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    Good news... the Mets didn't lose on Monday!!!!!

  2. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Spoken like a National League fan. (Braves, right?)

    I hear ya broseph. I don't think the All-Star game should decide homefield for the WS either.
  3. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    Nothing more than a popularity contest.
    What's even worse is the winner gets homefield in the WS.
    That's flat out IGNORANT!
    The team with the overall winning record should have homefield.Like it use to be.
    You could have a wild card team who barely won 80 games end up with homefield over possibly a team with 100 w's!

    Thank Bud Selig for that brain-fart

    NO way homefield in the WS should be determined by a popularity contest in July
    Agree 100%. Home field advantage isn't necessarily an advantage anyways. The Rays had hf advantage last year and we all know how that ended up. Regardless, the team with the better record at the time of the World Series should have hf advantage.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill,NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Spoken like a National League fan. (Braves, right?)

    I hear ya broseph. I don't think the All-Star game should decide homefield for the WS either.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ac5erpd9H8&feature=re lated"]YouTube - tomahawk chop[/ame]
  5. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Wow, that never ceases to be annoying, does it?
  6. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    Hahaha. I think the tomahawk chop is awesome, especially when everyone in the stadium is doing it.
  7. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill,NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Wow, that never ceases to be annoying, does it?
    I feel your pain DUB!
    Just like all those Met fans for YEARS in Shea stadium

    Hell,Chipper named his first born Shea
  8. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Actually, on second thought, I don't find the chop or the Braves or their fans all that annoying. To be honest, after years of hating them and thinking of them as a "*****" I've found them to be an afterthought now, with all my disdain going toward Philly and NYY.
  9. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Actually, on second thought, I don't find the chop or the Braves or their fans all that annoying. To be honest, after years of hating them and thinking of them as a "*****" I've found them to be an afterthought now, with all my disdain going toward Philly and NYY.
    +1,000,000,000 to hating Philly and the Yankme's.
  10. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    PS.. what the F*CK is wrong with Chipper tonight?!?!?! CMON!!!
  11. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill,NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    PS.. what the F*CK is wrong with Chipper tonight?!?!?! CMON!!!
    He's old and busted up

    But a first ballot Hall of Famer
  12. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    He's old and busted up

    But a first ballot Hall of Famer
    Something in the injury report about a torn labia?
  13. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill,NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Something in the injury report about a torn labia?
    My dog has been ailing for years
  14. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    My dog has been ailing for years
    Think they'll ever evaluate moving him to the outfield to finish his career? His lateral movement and defense has been lacking as of late.

    Is this 3 year deal supposed to be his last?
  15. Registered User
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    This is why I hate Jeter and the Yankees. Fuking crybabies. The idiot attempted to steal 3rd with 0 outs. First of all it's a horrible move. If you're going to try it you better make it almost standing up.

    Umpire responds to Jeter's comments about missed tag

    John Hirschbeck, who was critical of fellow umpire Marty Foster's explanation to Derek Jeter(notes) Monday at Yankee Stadium, added more fuel to the fire Tuesday night at Citi Field, according to an account in the New York Post.

    The Post reported that when Foster called Jeter out trying to steal third Monday against the Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium in the first inning with no outs, Jeter said the explanation he got from Foster was that third baseman Scott Rolen(notes) didn't have to tag Jeter because the ball beat a sliding Jeter to the bag.

    Last night at Citi Field, where he worked the Mets-Dodgers game, Hirschbeck back-tracked a bit, the Post reported.

    Hirschbeck spoke to Foster Tuesday and got a different version. Here's what Hirschbeck said Foster told Jeter at the time: "The ball beat you, and I had him tagging you. I don't see a problem with that. Sometimes when tempers flare, you don't hear everything that's said."

    Source: New York Post
  16. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    This is why I hate Jeter and the Yankees. Fuking crybabies. The idiot attempted to steal 3rd with 0 outs. First of all it's a horrible move. If you're going to try it you better make it almost standing up.

    Umpire responds to Jeter's comments about missed tag

    John Hirschbeck, who was critical of fellow umpire Marty Foster's explanation to Derek Jeter(notes) Monday at Yankee Stadium, added more fuel to the fire Tuesday night at Citi Field, according to an account in the New York Post.

    The Post reported that when Foster called Jeter out trying to steal third Monday against the Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium in the first inning with no outs, Jeter said the explanation he got from Foster was that third baseman Scott Rolen(notes) didn't have to tag Jeter because the ball beat a sliding Jeter to the bag.

    Last night at Citi Field, where he worked the Mets-Dodgers game, Hirschbeck back-tracked a bit, the Post reported.

    Hirschbeck spoke to Foster Tuesday and got a different version. Here's what Hirschbeck said Foster told Jeter at the time: "The ball beat you, and I had him tagging you. I don't see a problem with that. Sometimes when tempers flare, you don't hear everything that's said."

    Source: New York Post
    As much as I'd like for Jeter to fail miserably at everything he does, I saw the replay and he really was safe. He actually made a very good slide into 3rd.
  17. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill,NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Think they'll ever evaluate moving him to the outfield to finish his career? His lateral movement and defense has been lacking as of late.

    Is this 3 year deal supposed to be his last?
    Yeah,
    He's signed through 2012,with a vesting option for 2013.
  18. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    BJ Upton stole home and Zobrist won the game with a walkoff single. Today was a good day.
  19. Registered User
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    It doesn't matter if he was actually safe or not. It's the play itself. A player like Jeter should know better than to steal 3rd with 0 outs. If you go for it you better make it 11 out of 10 times. The throw beat him by like 3 feet. 99% of the time you're going to be called out if the ball beats you on a play like that.
  20. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    It doesn't matter if he was actually safe or not. It's the play itself. A player like Jeter should know better than to steal 3rd with 0 outs. If you go for it you better make it 11 out of 10 times. The throw beat him by like 3 feet. 99% of the time you're going to be called out if the ball beats you on a play like that.
    Agree.
  21. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Will - have you ever read this book?



    I think I may have asked you before. If you haven't read it...DEFINITELY pick it up. I read it so fast on my honeymoon I had to ration it so it would last longer. Awesome stories about the greatest team ever assembled.
  22. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    Hmm... no. Will have to pick it up when I get a chance.
  23. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Dude...it's awesome. Truly badass team both on and off the field.

    (is your name Will?)
  24. Registered User
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    Yeah I read it a couple years ago or something. Great read!

    Love how they partied on the plane rides. Bunch of animals.
  25. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Dude...it's awesome. Truly badass team both on and off the field.

    (is your name Will?)
    Nope (where'd you get that from?).
  26. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Nope (where'd you get that from?).
    nevermind...no big deal
  27. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    It doesn't matter if he was actually safe or not. It's the play itself. A player like Jeter should know better than to steal 3rd with 0 outs. If you go for it you better make it 11 out of 10 times. The throw beat him by like 3 feet. 99% of the time you're going to be called out if the ball beats you on a play like that.
    I'm not defending Jeter by any means, but it absolutely matters if he was safe or not. If he's safe he's safe. If he's out he's out. Thats how stealing works.

    Of course, the majority of the time if the ball beats him there he will be called out but that's only because of lazy umpires.

    Btw, what's wrong with stealing 3rd with no outs?
  28. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Inge and Victorino won the fan ballot for the final All-Star roster spots.

    I'm bummed, was rooting for Kinsler and Sandoval.
  29. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0



    Bummer. If Pena woulda made it, the Rays would have their entire infield on the AS game roster.
  30. Banned
    Adam23294's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    0

    I say Greinke should start for the AL, Lincecum for the NL.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fantasy Baseball 2009
    By MrBigPR in forum General Chat
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
  2. 2009 Mets Thread
    By Droppingloads in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
  3. Baseball
    By bmw8591 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 06:45 PM
  4. ***support diabetes*** punksurfer's Tour de Cure thread 2009
    By punksurfer024 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in