PO box question

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
For those of use a PO box for whatever reason. if a package was shipped to ur box but did not fit in the box....would the post office hold it for u or send it back?

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They would put a little yellow card in your box, which you bring up to the counter and hand over to the clerk, tell them your box number, and they go get your package from the back room.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply meth.

one more question for anyone who knows. what if a package had to be signed for? would they once again leave a slip and keep it in the back room?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

one more question for anyone who knows. what if a package had to be signed for? would they once again leave a slip and keep it in the back room?
yep - same deal (in Australia)

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah now I see the OP does not give a location...oh well...

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established

yes, they initially sign for it just to accept it, but then u still have to sign for the company that delivered it.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
My post office has lockers and if u get a big box (20lbs of protein or whatever) they just leave a key in the box with a number on it and you go get your stuff outta locker.

jonnyxbox22

Awards
yeah my post office does the same thing. either a yellow slip or a key in the box...

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
the only problem is some sources wont ship to a PO Box...thats y i am going to open a mail boxes etc type thing or a courier run box. instead of a PO # it is an actual address but works the same way.