iPhone 3.0

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
For anyone that uses this site and has an iphone or ipod touch... i'd figure id save you the time of calling in, or surfing the web for an answer. There is no error, 3.0 has not hit the servers for the U.S as of yet. It will sometime today, no exact time frame for now... ill post when its up.

Just thought i'd let ya'll know.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks brahhhhh

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
No prob man, just wanted to make sure you guys know what was up! If you have any questions about the phone or problems. PM me or something and ill see if i can help you out. With the new update and 3G S drop, the call ques will be very busy.

BTW - MMS and Tehtering ARE COMING, just not till the end of summer when at&t gets their network ready. Original Model iphone (SIlverback) will not be able to do this.

Any other questions let me know.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the new OS... My favorite part is the horizontal emailing...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not that I know of... Seems pretty good at this point.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
The email/texting keypad being horizontal is definitely the best part for me too. Can't wait till ATT lets us text pics too.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any probs with the update??
I did. My Wi-fi and Bluetooth are both "greyed out" and not functional after the update. I've tried everything to get them back (soft/hard resets on all of my computer equip, internet, and the iphone) to no avail.

I've been reading around the net that this has been the issue with many people as well. I called customer support today, and they told me they'll have a fix in a few days. I sincerely hope so...

Any suggestions on your end?

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I did. My Wi-fi and Bluetooth are both "greyed out" and not functional after the update. I've tried everything to get them back (soft/hard resets on all of my computer equip, internet, and the iphone) with no avail.

I've been reading around the net that this has been the issue with many people as well. I called customer support today, and they told me they'll have a fix in a few days. I sincerely hope so...

Any suggestions on your end?
Yeah this is a big problem, Let me check my resources and see if i can get you an answer man.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bud, no resolution yet, but i'll keep on it and let you know whats up for sure.

If you go into Settings>General>About> you should see a WiFi & Bluetooth MAC address...

Should look like 00:aa:55:bb:66 or N/A.. can you tell me if you see that in there?

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry bud, no resolution yet, but i'll keep on it and let you know whats up for sure.

If you go into Settings>General>About> you should see a WiFi & Bluetooth MAC address...

Should look like 00:aa:55:bb:66 or N/A.. can you tell me if you see that in there?
Wi-Fi says: N/A

Bluetooth has nothing but zeros in the address.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am hooked up to WiFi with no issues...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I normally don't get this pissed about stuff like this, but i've debated throwing my iPHONE through the wall a few times today as a result of this debacle. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prolly gonna need a HW replacement, ill let you know if i find a fix for it tho.
This is nuts. I've only had this phone for 3 days!! :(

Thank you for your efforts though my friend. :)

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
This is nuts. I've only had this phone for 3 days!! :(

Thank you for your efforts though my friend. :)
No worries :)

I'll ask around if there is a fix. 3 days in though, you are for sure covered under warranty.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No worries :)

I'll ask around if there is a fix. 3 days in though, you are for sure covered under warranty.
Thanks for all your help, bud. I now finally have my new iPhone 3G S. Love it! Definitely faster without-a-doubt, imo. It was absolutely nuts the hoops i had to jump through with AT&T though. At least all worked out in the end.

Just an update to my prior iPhone 3G issue; the guy at the genius bar in the apple store said he didn't know what was wrong with it, and that he had never seen the Wi-fi "Greyed out" before. Right.....

It was finally determined to be a hardware failure issue. They just replaced my phone at that time.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for my T-mobile contract to end...

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
The email/texting keypad being horizontal is definitely the best part for me too. Can't wait till ATT lets us text pics too.
i hate texting in the landscape format. Im just so used to the way it came out.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
i just have gotten so used to doing it one handed.