Any guesses what Product "?" is?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SUPPLEMENTS INVADE IRAQ
An overseas military newspaper called “Stars and Stripes” published an interesting article recently. Apparently, two soldiers currently serving in Iraq felt compelled to try the weight loss supplement "?" (I can’t imagine losing weight would be my first priority if I were in Iraq, but anyway…)

Both men ended up in the emergency room. One of them, 20 years old, had a change of mental status and collapsed. The other, a 19 year old, had a potentially fatal arrhythmia. Colonel Frederick C. Good, the treating ER physician wrote a letter stating:

“?" should not be used in a combat zone with the inherent problems encountered in regard to hydrating adequately and eating regularly,” according to the letter. “… The use of this product or any similar products is strongly discouraged, and any remaining product should be discarded. This product and any similar products are not a shortcut to fitness, and no substitute for a regular Physical Training program.””.

Seems like straightforward advice that’s pretty sound.

Starightforward that is, unless you’re Dr. Marvin Heuer, MD!!!

You see, Dr. Marvin is the head of Iovate, and they make "?". Here’s his take:

“My gut feeling as a physician who has worked in the emergency room is that there were tons of other factors there that may have had an influence,” said Heuer in a telephone interview…

So he’s telling our soldiers “It’s perfectly safe!” and it sounds like he’s encouraging its use, EVEN THOUGH a military doctor is advising our soldiers to avoid it. Now, I’m not sure what effect these supplements played in these soldiers’ medical problems.

However, since they are fighting for our country, and since there’s potential for harm, and very little benefit, maybe Dr. Heuer could do the responsible thing and just shut the f%$# up.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
“?" should not be used in a combat zone with the inherent problems encountered in regard to hydrating adequately and eating regularly,” according to the letter. “… The use of this product or any similar products is strongly discouraged, and any remaining product should be discarded.
something with heavy caffeine i'm guessing. anything with high caffeine in a desert environment is pretty rough on the system.

This product and any similar products are not a shortcut to fitness, and no substitute for a regular Physical Training program.””.
so an army colonal is saying that the army physical training program sucks? that's pretty ballsy.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I hate companies who wont cop up to the truth. In reality I think all supplements save for vitamins should be left out of war. Soldiers in Iraq using steroids HIGHLY decrease their chance of survival. Maybe not in direct conflict, but what if they become a POW? Suddenly cut off, no PCT, etc. what if they are trapped behind enemy lines? Ditto.

So at least anabolics should be cut out. Also anyone in fuggin Iraq who is taking a pill to lose weight is one lazy useless bastard. Its 120 degrees out, just walk 10 feet and you get a sauna treatment. Plus ur active military status, you should be in shape anyways.

rawr lol

Interesting, but definitely a product that likely had a diuretic in it, as sun said, caffeine at a high dose. But it said the one had a change in metal statis? wtf does that mean? Like, emotionally or personality wise?