does not being attracted to a kind, make one racist?

  1. Advanced Member
    BoyFromAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    427
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%

    does not being attracted to a kind, make one racist?


    As the title asks...

    if you're not attracted to someone because of their skin complexion and traits, does that make you a racist?....

    I for one am cool with all people who're cool with me, quite liberal, never look for hate.. but recently this Ethiopian girl (whom I met through my African friends) keeps messaging me etc. and has been getting kinda overly desperate. Being the blunt outspoken person that I am, I told her "i'm not attracted to African girls".

    Now she's going on about me being a "racist prick"... yet I have friends from many backgrounds (Turkish, Indians, Italians, blacks) whom I treat like brothers.... But when it comes to girls, i'm only physically attracted to europeans or Indians and hispanics of the light complexion.... and just sometimes, Asian.

  2. Professional Member
    TheDarkHalf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,398
    Rep Power
    10716
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    90.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFromAus View Post
    As the title asks...

    if you're not attracted to someone because of their skin complexion and traits, does that make you a racist?....

    I for one am cool with all people who're cool with me, quite liberal, never look for hate.. but recently this Ethiopian girl (whom I met through my African friends) keeps messaging me etc. and has been getting kinda overly desperate. Being the blunt outspoken person that I am, I told her "i'm not attracted to African girls".

    Now she's going on about me being a "racist prick"... yet I have friends from many backgrounds (Turkish, Indians, Italians, blacks) whom I treat like brothers.... But when it comes to girls, i'm only physically attracted to europeans or Indians and hispanics of the light complexion.... and just sometimes, Asian.
    Absolutely not. There are some you are attracted to, and some you are not attracted to. Plain and simple. We are all attracted to women of all ethnic types...however there are just some that don't fit the bill.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,421
    Rep Power
    771852
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7013
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.
    Hes got it. You jsut worded it badly is all. Personally I think I have been attracted to probably someone from every race before. Its rarer for me to be attracted to an African American girl(Im def honky) because around here few of em actually take care of themselves. Tis all ghetto -.-
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFromAus View Post
    As the title asks...

    if you're not attracted to someone because of their skin complexion and traits, does that make you a racist?....
    only if you think they are inferior because of those things, not if you don't find them sexually attractive.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    18667
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    32.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If you are saying they are below you just because of their skin color then that is being ignorant, pathetically. If you are just not attracted sexually then no...but, oddly, I've found females that I think are great lookers but turns me off due to their attitude..so I may not be attracted to THAT particular person of whaever color...but I've never met a nationality of person that I didn't find at least one attractive..
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    but I've never met a nationality of person that I didn't find at least one attractive..
    I can't imagine anyone not finding Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, Angela Basset + Tyra Banks when they were younger incredibly attractive.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    9.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.
    dsade's got it.

    It sounds to me like you were turned off by her needyness and desperation, which I can definitely identify with. The way you worded it lacked any kind of tact and was pretty disrespectful. Imagine how you would feel if you were super attracted to a woman and she told you she wasn't attracted to you just based on your race. That is low class behavior.
  9. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3262
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    30.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    you know, i'm not attracted to anyone more tan than me, regardless of what race they fall into. if i thought about it psychologically, i think i had issues with my moms side of the family (and my mom abused me), so for me, its an issue of trust. i don't trust any woman more tan than me, though i realize there are obviously ones worthy of trust.

    i too have friends from every ethnicity, but i can only date a certain skin type.
  10. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.
    Good post.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  11. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    18667
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    32.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Whoever said it was better to give than receive, probably had syphilis.
    Heh!
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  12. Advanced Member
    BoyFromAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    427
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%

    cheers for clarifying that... and yea, I agree with Dsade. It's how I conveyed it to her which made me sound like a d*ckhead.

    nah I don't think anyone is inferior to anyone. Like I was saying, I got friends from all backgrounds and respect all. I'm just not physically attracted to some....
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,421
    Rep Power
    771852
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFromAus View Post
    cheers for clarifying that... and yea, I agree with Dsade. It's how I conveyed it to her which made me sound like a d*ckhead.

    nah I don't think anyone is inferior to anyone. Like I was saying, I got friends from all backgrounds and respect all. I'm just not physically attracted to some....
    It's probably also important to you personally that you really take a blunt look at yourself, and figure out WHY you aren' attracted to her - if not specifically race. It could just be that you didn't want to analyze it too deeply, and just plucked that as the easiest excuse.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. Board Sponsor
    WhatsaRoid?'s Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,428
    Rep Power
    3651
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    73.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yea your a **** for telling her the blunt truth haha I had to learn that myself as I don't date my own race and they get mad. But anyway light skinned girls are amazing although some dark ones are beautiful at times, its just what your attracted to not really a race thing unless it is just the race other then skin tone?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  15. Senior Member
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    79221
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    19.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I agree with dsade, it's how you said it , (coming from a girl's point of view) but i also would not txt you after you said what you said.......good luck

    tc
    RIP Ryan, :(
  16. Advanced Member
    BoyFromAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    427
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    It's probably also important to you personally that you really take a blunt look at yourself, and figure out WHY you aren' attracted to her - if not specifically race. It could just be that you didn't want to analyze it too deeply, and just plucked that as the easiest excuse.
    yea coming to think of it, I was pressuring myself to respond quick.. I could have taken my time to think about it and respond in a sensitive way, but didn't.

    It's not particularly race per se. It's just that i'm not sexually attracted to very dark skinned women and majority of african women just so happen to be like that. It's just that trait i'm not attracted to... like how some guys are not attracted to fat women or skinny women or tall women or small women etc.
  17. Advanced Member
    BoyFromAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    427
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Yea your a **** for telling her the blunt truth haha I had to learn that myself as I don't date my own race and they get mad. But anyway light skinned girls are amazing although some dark ones are beautiful at times, its just what your attracted to not really a race thing unless it is just the race other then skin tone?
    lol in my case, it's purely skin tone... so what makes you not date your own race??... lack of attraction?
  18. New Member
    bigdognhb's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  293 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    141
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    96.73%

    I dont think what you told her was out of line. She just took it the wright way. If you said you dont date african girls that would be taken one way but telling her your not attracted I think is respectful. Its no different than saying your not attracted to fat girls, skinny girls, tall ect. Plus its sad if she has to jump to race if she doesnt get her way
  19. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7013
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdognhb View Post
    I dont think what you told her was out of line. She just took it the wright way. If you said you dont date african girls that would be taken one way but telling her your not attracted I think is respectful. Its no different than saying your not attracted to fat girls, skinny girls, tall ect. Plus its sad if she has to jump to race if she doesnt get her way
    I am generally polite, but I cant be attracted to fat girls. So when you gotta let one down its kinda hard.

    Kinda like, sorry, but I was always taught being with a farm/zoo animal was a sin. Its not you, and the fact your blowing out your cars suspension, its me. Thats all, go be merry, and graze upon golden fields of twinkies and be free!
  20. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,299
    Rep Power
    49682
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    18.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lately i've been having a fetish for ebony chicks, shame there is like none in my town. oh well google works for me
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  21. Senior Member
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1287
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    54.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The fact that you said "i'm not attracted to African girls" is retarded. Have you met every girl in africa?
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Charlize Theron is african
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  23. Advanced Member
    BoyFromAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    427
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    The fact that you said "i'm not attracted to African girls" is retarded. Have you met every girl in africa?

    Yea it was retarded considering that. But like Dsade suggested, I did kinda respond without putting any thought into it... but like I was saying, a dark skintone on a woman is just not something i'm sexually attracted to.
  24. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'm not attracted to fat girls... am I a bigot? I don't like anorexic women... am I going to hell because I don't give them a piece of the man meat? I'm not an equal opportunity sperm donor, so what?

    Some people are so ridiculous I almost resent my humanity. People can have sexual preferences... no big deal!

    Crossing the line comes when a person says: "I will, no matter what, never date a person who is color _____ just because they are color ______." If they don't ever find people of that ethnicity to be attractive, that's not racist. But, ruling someone out because of color is.
  25. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    The fact that you said "i'm not attracted to African girls" is retarded. Have you met every girl in africa?
    Don't tell me you've never made a generalized statement. The fact that you're criticizing an obviously generalized statement as is much more retarded than his statement.
  26. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.
    Beautiful advice. It's almost never what you say, it's how you say it.
  27. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    I'm not attracted to fat girls... am I a bigot? I don't like anorexic women... am I going to hell because I don't give them a piece of the man meat? I'm not an equal opportunity sperm donor, so what?

    Some people are so ridiculous I almost resent my humanity. People can have sexual preferences... no big deal!

    Crossing the line comes when a person says: "I will, no matter what, never date a person who is color _____ just because they are color ______." If they don't ever find people of that ethnicity to be attractive, that's not racist. But, ruling someone out because of color is.
    When it comes down to attraction, a beautiful girl is a beautiful girl. Been around this globe and haven't seen a race yet that didn't have beautiful women. %wise some more than others . .

    . . but I wont date outside my socio-economic background. Or fat girls (I'm talking obese here).
  28. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,299
    Rep Power
    49682
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    18.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    . . but I wont date fat girls (I'm talking obese here).
    more cushion for the pushin
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  29. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    9.11%

    I guess I was lucky to be able to be attracted to all skin tones... from super pale to very dark. Beauty is beauty, as jakellpet said above. As for those that aren't attracted to certain shades of skin, or ethnicities, or color of hair, or are unattracted to very tall or very short (I'm not talking dwarf size, just normally shorter girls), or any number of things that I enjoy in women, more power to ya. That's just more beautiful women for me and I'm greedy as hell...
  30. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    unattracted to very tall or very short (I'm not talking dwarf size
    you have a problem with dwarf chicks? thats rather heightist of you.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  31. New Member
    Matt6969's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    282
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    81.99%

    your not racist. you just worded it wrong
  32. New Member
    Brenn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    284
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    9.75%

    Awesome! This thread is the funniest sh*te I've read in long time!

    No worries, Easy, preferences are preferences. Perhaps a more general statement would've been better, like: "Im just not into dating anyone now". or "Im already seeing someone..." They can take it or leave it!

    I really like:
    "Some people are so ridiculous I almost resent my humanity".

    And

    "I cant be attracted to fat girls. So when you gotta let one down its kinda hard."

    <<Yeah! Those are always a "heavy" conversations...or "weighty" decisions!
    But I can usually get 'em to just below parallel before I need a spot!

    HA!!! I have a new sigs, thanks guys!
  33. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    9.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you have a problem with dwarf chicks? thats rather heightist of you.
    My collection of midget pr0n says I'm just fine with them
  34. New Member
    soseg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    334
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.57%

    not racist... everyone has their own tastes, probly whatever is most similar to your own genetic background in most cases...

    but with some people you just gotta word your sentences more carefully lol...
  35. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    The word "racist" has lost all meaning and I could care less what makes me such by today's standards.

    With that said, not finding someone physically attractive based on their race is not the same as thinking they're lesser of a person because of those traits.

    Take this for example:

    Racist - "I can't date her. She's a filthy Jew."

    Not racist - "I can't date her. Look at that schnoz."
  36. New Member
    Brenn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    284
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    9.75%

    ...Or, "I can't date her, she's NOT filthy!"

    I love this thread .lol.

    There are so many reasons not to date someone, they can't all be an "ism".
    When really, I think it just comes down to one party just not being attracted to the other, plain and simple.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is the new "Tanning Tax" racist?
    By Vtaper in forum Politics
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 03:27 AM
  2. What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?
    By The Anarchist in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:29 PM
  3. Black Hole: Apparently is now racist
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
  4. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM
  5. Kramer says racist remarks and then apologizes.
    By B4n3 0n3 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in