does not being attracted to a kind, make one racist?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
As the title asks...

if you're not attracted to someone because of their skin complexion and traits, does that make you a racist?....

I for one am cool with all people who're cool with me, quite liberal, never look for hate.. but recently this Ethiopian girl (whom I met through my African friends) keeps messaging me etc. and has been getting kinda overly desperate. Being the blunt outspoken person that I am, I told her "i'm not attracted to African girls".

Now she's going on about me being a "racist prick"... yet I have friends from many backgrounds (Turkish, Indians, Italians, blacks) whom I treat like brothers.... But when it comes to girls, i'm only physically attracted to europeans or Indians and hispanics of the light complexion.... and just sometimes, Asian.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
As the title asks...

if you're not attracted to someone because of their skin complexion and traits, does that make you a racist?....

I for one am cool with all people who're cool with me, quite liberal, never look for hate.. but recently this Ethiopian girl (whom I met through my African friends) keeps messaging me etc. and has been getting kinda overly desperate. Being the blunt outspoken person that I am, I told her "i'm not attracted to African girls".

Now she's going on about me being a "racist prick"... yet I have friends from many backgrounds (Turkish, Indians, Italians, blacks) whom I treat like brothers.... But when it comes to girls, i'm only physically attracted to europeans or Indians and hispanics of the light complexion.... and just sometimes, Asian.
Absolutely not. There are some you are attracted to, and some you are not attracted to. Plain and simple. We are all attracted to women of all ethnic types...however there are just some that don't fit the bill.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You need to learn tact - there are ways of telling her that you are not attracted to HER without bringing in race.
Hes got it. You jsut worded it badly is all. Personally I think I have been attracted to probably someone from every race before. Its rarer for me to be attracted to an African American girl(Im def honky) because around here few of em actually take care of themselves. Tis all ghetto -.-

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As the title asks...

only if you think they are inferior because of those things, not if you don't find them sexually attractive.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If you are saying they are below you just because of their skin color then that is being ignorant, pathetically. If you are just not attracted sexually then no...but, oddly, I've found females that I think are great lookers but turns me off due to their attitude..so I may not be attracted to THAT particular person of whaever color...but I've never met a nationality of person that I didn't find at least one attractive..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but I've never met a nationality of person that I didn't find at least one attractive..
I can't imagine anyone not finding Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, Angela Basset + Tyra Banks when they were younger incredibly attractive.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
dsade's got it.

It sounds to me like you were turned off by her needyness and desperation, which I can definitely identify with. The way you worded it lacked any kind of tact and was pretty disrespectful. Imagine how you would feel if you were super attracted to a woman and she told you she wasn't attracted to you just based on your race. That is low class behavior.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you know, i'm not attracted to anyone more tan than me, regardless of what race they fall into. if i thought about it psychologically, i think i had issues with my moms side of the family (and my mom abused me), so for me, its an issue of trust. i don't trust any woman more tan than me, though i realize there are obviously ones worthy of trust.

i too have friends from every ethnicity, but i can only date a certain skin type.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good post.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Whoever said it was better to give than receive, probably had syphilis.
Heh!

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
cheers for clarifying that... and yea, I agree with Dsade. It's how I conveyed it to her which made me sound like a d*ckhead.

nah I don't think anyone is inferior to anyone. Like I was saying, I got friends from all backgrounds and respect all. I'm just not physically attracted to some....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cheers for clarifying that... and yea, I agree with Dsade. It's how I conveyed it to her which made me sound like a d*ckhead.

nah I don't think anyone is inferior to anyone. Like I was saying, I got friends from all backgrounds and respect all. I'm just not physically attracted to some....
It's probably also important to you personally that you really take a blunt look at yourself, and figure out WHY you aren' attracted to her - if not specifically race. It could just be that you didn't want to analyze it too deeply, and just plucked that as the easiest excuse.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea your a **** for telling her the blunt truth haha I had to learn that myself as I don't date my own race and they get mad. :) But anyway light skinned girls are amazing although some dark ones are beautiful at times, its just what your attracted to not really a race thing unless it is just the race other then skin tone?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I agree with dsade, it's how you said it , (coming from a girl's point of view) but i also would not txt you after you said what you said.......good luck

tc

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
It's probably also important to you personally that you really take a blunt look at yourself, and figure out WHY you aren' attracted to her - if not specifically race. It could just be that you didn't want to analyze it too deeply, and just plucked that as the easiest excuse.
yea coming to think of it, I was pressuring myself to respond quick.. I could have taken my time to think about it and respond in a sensitive way, but didn't.

It's not particularly race per se. It's just that i'm not sexually attracted to very dark skinned women and majority of african women just so happen to be like that. It's just that trait i'm not attracted to... like how some guys are not attracted to fat women or skinny women or tall women or small women etc.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Yea your a **** for telling her the blunt truth haha I had to learn that myself as I don't date my own race and they get mad. :) But anyway light skinned girls are amazing although some dark ones are beautiful at times, its just what your attracted to not really a race thing unless it is just the race other then skin tone?
lol in my case, it's purely skin tone... so what makes you not date your own race??... lack of attraction?

bigdognhb

Awards
I dont think what you told her was out of line. She just took it the wright way. If you said you dont date african girls that would be taken one way but telling her your not attracted I think is respectful. Its no different than saying your not attracted to fat girls, skinny girls, tall ect. Plus its sad if she has to jump to race if she doesnt get her way

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I dont think what you told her was out of line. She just took it the wright way. If you said you dont date african girls that would be taken one way but telling her your not attracted I think is respectful. Its no different than saying your not attracted to fat girls, skinny girls, tall ect. Plus its sad if she has to jump to race if she doesnt get her way
I am generally polite, but I cant be attracted to fat girls. So when you gotta let one down its kinda hard.

Kinda like, sorry, but I was always taught being with a farm/zoo animal was a sin. Its not you, and the fact your blowing out your cars suspension, its me. Thats all, go be merry, and graze upon golden fields of twinkies and be free!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Lately i've been having a fetish for ebony chicks, shame there is like none in my town. oh well google works for me :)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
The fact that you said "i'm not attracted to African girls" is retarded. Have you met every girl in africa?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
The fact that you said "i'm not attracted to African girls" is retarded. Have you met every girl in africa?

Yea it was retarded considering that. But like Dsade suggested, I did kinda respond without putting any thought into it... but like I was saying, a dark skintone on a woman is just not something i'm sexually attracted to.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm not attracted to fat girls... am I a bigot? I don't like anorexic women... am I going to hell because I don't give them a piece of the man meat? I'm not an equal opportunity sperm donor, so what?

Some people are so ridiculous I almost resent my humanity. People can have sexual preferences... no big deal!

Crossing the line comes when a person says: "I will, no matter what, never date a person who is color _____ just because they are color ______." If they don't ever find people of that ethnicity to be attractive, that's not racist. But, ruling someone out because of color is.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Don't tell me you've never made a generalized statement. The fact that you're criticizing an obviously generalized statement as is much more retarded than his statement.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Beautiful advice. It's almost never what you say, it's how you say it.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not attracted to fat girls... am I a bigot? I don't like anorexic women... am I going to hell because I don't give them a piece of the man meat? I'm not an equal opportunity sperm donor, so what?

Some people are so ridiculous I almost resent my humanity. People can have sexual preferences... no big deal!

Crossing the line comes when a person says: "I will, no matter what, never date a person who is color _____ just because they are color ______." If they don't ever find people of that ethnicity to be attractive, that's not racist. But, ruling someone out because of color is.
When it comes down to attraction, a beautiful girl is a beautiful girl. Been around this globe and haven't seen a race yet that didn't have beautiful women. %wise some more than others . .

. . but I wont date outside my socio-economic background. Or fat girls (I'm talking obese here).

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I guess I was lucky to be able to be attracted to all skin tones... from super pale to very dark. Beauty is beauty, as jakellpet said above. As for those that aren't attracted to certain shades of skin, or ethnicities, or color of hair, or are unattracted to very tall or very short (I'm not talking dwarf size, just normally shorter girls), or any number of things that I enjoy in women, more power to ya. That's just more beautiful women for me and I'm greedy as hell...

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Awesome! This thread is the funniest sh*te I've read in long time!

No worries, Easy, preferences are preferences. Perhaps a more general statement would've been better, like: "Im just not into dating anyone now". or "Im already seeing someone..." They can take it or leave it!

I really like:
"Some people are so ridiculous I almost resent my humanity".

And

"I cant be attracted to fat girls. So when you gotta let one down its kinda hard."

<<Yeah! Those are always a "heavy" conversations...or "weighty" decisions!
But I can usually get 'em to just below parallel before I need a spot! :nervous:

HA!!! I have a new sigs, thanks guys!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
not racist... everyone has their own tastes, probly whatever is most similar to your own genetic background in most cases...

but with some people you just gotta word your sentences more carefully lol...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The word "racist" has lost all meaning and I could care less what makes me such by today's standards.

With that said, not finding someone physically attractive based on their race is not the same as thinking they're lesser of a person because of those traits.

Take this for example:

Racist - "I can't date her. She's a filthy Jew."

Not racist - "I can't date her. Look at that schnoz."

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
...Or, "I can't date her, she's NOT filthy!"

I love this thread .lol.

There are so many reasons not to date someone, they can't all be an "ism".
When really, I think it just comes down to one party just not being attracted to the other, plain and simple.