Passed a Milestone

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I broke a promise that I made to myself years and years ago:

I bought a minivan

That isn't the worst part

The worst part is that I actually like it. It is so practical, roomy, full of storage and cupholders, and it drives so well. Best of all I don't owe a cent on it. Now I fully own two automobiles (which is a good idea no matter how old you are. Car notes are a b!tch).

The idea of buying a car for its practical implications, as opposed to buying one to attract and nail girls is a strictly adult concept.

Despite having my three children I still felt more like a younger man than a man quickly approaching middle age. Well, no more, now I am officially a family man.

On the bright side, the purchase of a mini van by a male almost always preceedes the purchase of a Corvette. I always wanted a Corvette.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
lol! Congratulations. I will never say I wont own one...its a likely hood...Actually, I am an SUV kinda guy.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I just want a 4 door car. I hate only having 2 doors!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Good fuel economy, sh*t ton of room, good choice.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
In '89, Dodge turbocharged the caravan...if that makes you feel any better.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
When I was a p.a., I used to have to drive one ALL THE TIME and I agree that they just feel so friggin good to drive. Kinda like bangin' a fatty! LOL. But anyways, congratulations and embrace this new chapter of your life!

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
When I was a p.a., I used to have to drive one ALL THE TIME and I agree that they just feel so friggin good to drive. Kinda like bangin' a fatty! LOL. But anyways, congratulations and embrace this new chapter of your life!

That is a great analogy, spot on.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
lol! Congratulations. I will never say I wont own one...its a likely hood...Actually, I am an SUV kinda guy.

Thanks for the support. I delayed buying the minivan by driving a Ford Explorer for a few years. I really like SUV's, but at this point I really need a third row seat. So it was either a large gas guzzling SUV or the Caravan.