Anyone use an inversion table?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of getting one of these, so I curious if there are any users here. I see they are anywhere from $120 to $500. I'm looking for one that is a little more portable, but I don't want to sacrifice quality.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and any feedback is appreciated.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
yea i've used one.
Back when i was trying to gain some height. I did gain height momentarily, but that was just the temporary expansion of the plates and i'd come back to my usual height within hours.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Did you at least feel a little better?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I want one sooo bad but from my research, it seems that I'm right at the height limit. LOL

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I want one sooo bad but from my research, it seems that I'm right at the height limit. LOL
From what I've seen, yeah. I think you would be fine if you just research the right one. I've been reading Teeter makes great Inversion tables.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
From what I've seen, yeah. I think you would be fine if you just research the right one. I've been reading Teeter makes great Inversion tables.
Yep. Those were the ones that I was checking out on Amazon. I'm gonna get one for my lady anyways so if it works for me, great. If not, it'll still be used.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Those were the ones that I was checking out on Amazon. I'm gonna get one for my lady anyways so if it works for me, great. If not, it'll still be used.
Awesome!

My birthday is next month so I thinking I might be getting one then.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have been wanting to try one of these to see if it helps my spine pain

DrMorris

DrMorris

Awards
Dont waist your time or money with a table. You can get about as much traction by just hanging from a bar. The traction is not specific enough to treat any one condition.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Dont waist your time or money with a table. You can get about as much traction by just hanging from a bar. The traction is not specific enough to treat any one condition.
I say just build one yourself lol. It might not look purty...or just add straps to one end of your bed, and hydrolics to lift one side up...Not that second option could have quite a few spin off benefits for you anre your wife/gf >.>

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I bought one about a year ago from Sams club... now it just sits around and doesnt get used...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
bump if any of you guys get one you like please list the model and price... thanks

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I bought an ironman basic model...what a piece of crap. The ankle locks hurt your feet. I only used it afew times, like the first two weeks I got it. I would actually use it if it had better ankle locks. I was hoping it would help fix my mild scoliosis. I just want to be atleast 6 foot.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
The gym I used to go to used to have one where you locked your legs in and leaned forward, like this one:

http://www.bigfitness.com/tobasybymo.html

Oh my f*ck did I love that thing. If seriously used it between every set of anything that put pressure on my back and it felt so f'ing good. I wish I could afford one...

Super convenient too. Walk up, stand there like you're going to do a back hyper, lean forward and flip upside down. Lean back a bit and you're upright again.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have one....use it twice per week. Definitely helps with my back...I have some compression issues with lower back from time to time and this definitely helps out with that. Along with some core exercises it has worked pretty well.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They had one at my Uni's gym in undergrad. Crappy thing where you put your feet behind a pad, raise your arms over your head and lean back. Trouble was, there was no block or stop to keep you from spinning too far (i.e. the thing could rotate a full 360 degrees). So I tried it, spun about 270 degrees so that I was face-down parallel to the floor and collapsed in a heap.

I just hang from a bar now to decompress.