~LOST~ Season 5 Finale- WTF?

  1. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    2190

    ~LOST~ Season 5 Finale- WTF?


    Can anyone explain the episode, shoot some theories because I am really LOST now. Is Jacob God and Locke the devil?

  2. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    2190

    There's gotta be a few losties here! Costsnza?
  3. Registered User
    Caferacer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  206.5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    269

    Well from what I can tell, locke wasn't locke but instead jacobs brother. Events that happened in the flash back when the bomb went off were supposed to prevent all of the survivors and the plane from coming back to the island which is why people went skipping around time; to try to prevent the crash and the past 4 seasons.

    I think it was retarded. But then again I've thought that for a season or so now; there is no hope for a clear concise ending to a series that continually makes itself more and more epic. There simply isn't a way to end it and have the average viewer be satisfied.
    •   
       

  4. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    2190

    Thanks for that! How do you know that is Jacobs brother?

    There was just too much going on and way to many questions arising from it all. They have a hell of a uphill battle to tie every loose end there is in the final 17 episodes next year.
  5. Registered User
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    294

    We don't know who the man in black is, we can only theorize. Some think he is Esau (there's a story about Jacob and Esau from the Bible). For now we don't have enough info to tell who he truly is though. Same with what happened when the bomb went off, either that's how the Incident always happened or this is something new (which would screw up the "Whatever Happened, Happened" way that they have done time travel up to now).

    Just gonna have to wait till 2010 to find out. They could go literally go ANYWHERE with the story now, and I think that's pretty damn cool.
  6. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    1862

    Really there is no way the bomb could have changed the events of the last four seasons unless they are in a universe where the theory of Multiple Paralell Branching Universes turns out to be true. If the events of the bomb changed the last four seasons events then in fact they never would have come to the island------which means they never would have been stuck on the island------which means they never would have started to time travel-----which means they never could have come back and set off the bomb------which means they could not change the events of the "incident". So the only two possible outcomes is that if the setting off of the bomb changes the events of the crash of Flight 815 they have not changed their future but have created a branching of the universe into a separate paralell universe existing side by side with the universe they originally came from where flight 815 crashed OR the setting off of the bomb does not changes the events of the crash of Flight 815. Standard Time Paradox issue

    Mr.50
  7. Registered User
    Caferacer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  206.5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    269

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.50 View Post
    Really there is no way the bomb could have changed the events of the last four seasons unless they are in a universe where the theory of Multiple Paralell Branching Universes turns out to be true. If the events of the bomb changed the last four seasons events then in fact they never would have come to the island------which means they never would have been stuck on the island------which means they never would have started to time travel-----which means they never could have come back and set off the bomb------which means they could not change the events of the "incident". So the only two possible outcomes is that if the setting off of the bomb changes the events of the crash of Flight 815 they have not changed their future but have created a branching of the universe into a separate paralell universe existing side by side with the universe they originally came from where flight 815 crashed OR the setting off of the bomb does not changes the events of the crash of Flight 815. Standard Time Paradox issue

    Mr.50
    Thats the thing.. the bomb was supposed to stop it, but until it gets developed more it could mean that the bomb ensured everything would happen instead.

    It's goofy, I know. Thats lost for you.
  8. Registered User
    Dath's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    181

    My sister brought up the fact that when it showed Jacob in flashbacks with Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, Sayid and Sun, he went out of his way to make sure he TOUCHED every one of them. Kinda like he was choosing them or blessing them or something like that. When Locke fell out of that window in the flashback it also looked like Jacob brought him back to life. Did you guys notice the ring that Sun found in the crib? It had the initials "DS" which stands for Drive Shaft, the name of Charlie's band.

    Do you guys find Kate attractive? I'd take Juliet over Kate anyday.
  9. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    1862

    Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    My sister brought up the fact that when it showed Jacob in flashbacks with Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, Sayid and Sun, he went out of his way to make sure he TOUCHED every one of them. Kinda like he was choosing them or blessing them or something like that. When Locke fell out of that window in the flashback it also looked like Jacob brought him back to life. Did you guys notice the ring that Sun found in the crib? It had the initials "DS" which stands for Drive Shaft, the name of Charlie's band.

    Do you guys find Kate attractive? I'd take Juliet over Kate anyday.
    I think they are both hot but I would take Kate over Juliet! I don't really like blonds that much though so I might be bias....
  10. Registered User
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    294

    Strictly based on the characters on the show, Juliet for me. Simply because she acts less... retarded... than Kate usually does. That chick's got too many issues. Juliet will have your back regardless... and those cans... oh my.

    Check out the movie Gia if you want to see them (and Angelina Jolie's) in all their glory!
  11. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    2190

    Kate for sure, she looks like she can FU** hardcore. Juliet looks boring in bed, kate is hella sexy in bed you can tell.

    Back to Lost, I did notice that Jacob went out of his way to touch the losties, I wonder what it meant, but totally noticed that man, great catch.

    With all this "changing the timeline" stuff, man I would be so happy to find out that next year isn't the last year of Lost because the "timeline" has been altered in our reality too or some twist like that. They could literally say anything now and take it into another directon with a new cast or keep most of the current cast and put them on another 6 years....endless possibilities. I hope the show continues on, I love it, favorite show of all time.
  12. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  13. Registered User
    xink's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC - Manhattan
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    199

    If we were playing "Marry, Fuck, Kill" it would go...

    Marry: Juliet
    Fuck: Kate
    Kill: Ana-Lucia

    Back to the show...

    The episode was great! After each show I run over to this site to get recaps: darkufo.blogspot.com/ specifically I search out Vozzek69's post, they're pretty damn good!

    Here is what he wrote about the season finale:

    darkufo.blogspot.com/2009/05/things-i-noticed-incident-by-vozzek69.html

    Shit! I haven't posted enough to post external links, so just add http in front of those URL's above!
  14. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post

    Back to Lost, I did notice that Jacob went out of his way to touch the losties, I wonder what it meant, but totally noticed that man, great catch.

    With all this "changing the timeline" stuff, man I would be so happy to find out that next year isn't the last year of Lost because the "timeline" has been altered in our reality too or some twist like that. They could literally say anything now and take it into another directon with a new cast or keep most of the current cast and put them on another 6 years....endless possibilities. I hope the show continues on, I love it, favorite show of all time.
    IMO, Jacobs touch was him 'choosing' and possibly clearing their mind of emotions that could twist their decision making process.

    For example, Hurley was adamant he was not going back to the island, he was pure back luck and would bring down anyone who was around him he cared for.

    Jacob touched him, put things into perspective and cleared his mind.

    Did he leave the decision up to him or coherse him into thinking it was his decision but was infact Jacobs. Im of the opinion he left it to Hurley, he gave them all a choice, including Ilana at the hospital (he had leather gloves on and didnt touch her in this scene).

    The significance of the touch was implied but not confirmed, all we know is he touched all of the losties from the plane in season 1 who were at the site of the incident.

    Next season is all but confirmed the last i hear, and opens with Jack's eye opening apparently on a beach...meaning that it reset to a point but only to the beggining of the cycle Jacob mentions at the start, this cycle started when the plane crashed.

    Looks like next season brings them all back to that point, with the chance to do it all again.

    Jacob believes the human race can break the cycles, his nemesis does not.
  15. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    My sister brought up the fact that when it showed Jacob in flashbacks with Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, Sayid and Sun, he went out of his way to make sure he TOUCHED every one of them. Kinda like he was choosing them or blessing them or something like that. When Locke fell out of that window in the flashback it also looked like Jacob brought him back to life. Did you guys notice the ring that Sun found in the crib? It had the initials "DS" which stands for Drive Shaft, the name of Charlie's band.

    Do you guys find Kate attractive? I'd take Juliet over Kate anyday.
    Yeah the touching was definitely significant.

    But at certain points in their lives, during loss, time of turmoil or doubting yourself.

    If the island is truly an experiment of sorts, for these 2 "gods" then what more perfect candidates for the sample of the race than this lot?

    Flawed in every way possible with a clean slate, would they turn it all around and become better people liek Jacob hoped? Or indulge into corruption, violence and death like his nemesis believed?

    Well, we know how that worked out lol.
  16. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0

    where my losties at ffs
  17. Registered User
    Dath's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    181

    We still don't know what's in Hurley's guitar case. Here's my guess. It's probably an item that will help with Jacob's resurrection or it's something that will be needed to defeat Jacob's evil brother or whoever that guy is who assumed the form of John Locke. Of course, this item won't do any good until Hurley gets back into present time and out of 1977.
  18. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0

    Yup the hurley case is definitely a point of interest, interesting Hurley was the only one Jacob implored to go back to the Island with real conviction.
  19. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    2190

    I think Hurly is going to become the most important character in the whole show. Jacob obviously has a plan for him.

    I also think that Jacob will take over Locke in the Box's body as the other guy is most likely the smoke monster and just took the form of Locke, not his actual body. Remember when Locke said in the first season that he saw a white smoke monster?
  20. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0

    Wow did he? around what ep? I dont remember that at all but it would be massive.

    I remembered the other day though, in season 1 when syiad is trying to tune in the old radio he hears very old music, like 1920's stuff. Could tie into a number of things, but certainly a hint to the path it was going to take.

    Also remember the whispers? wtf were they.

    I hope Hurleys not made the main guy, i cant stand his fat ass. To explain his weight they should show him walking round the jungle with an IV in his arm administering peanut butter 24 hours a day.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. predictions for TUF finale
    By bigzach1234 in forum MMA
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 02:58 PM
  2. Ultimate Fighter 7 season finale
    By AE14 in forum MMA
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
  3. TUF4 Finale
    By MisterEZE in forum MMA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:42 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 03:47 PM
  5. season finale smallville
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in