Personal training certs

bigdognhb

Awards
So Im looking at switching careers and going into personal training. With all of the different certs out there what are the most reconized and respected

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
So Im looking at switching careers and going into personal training. With all of the different certs out there what are the most reconized and respected
its kinda regional to an extent....

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Well i've heard of CSCS and CPT, I think those would be a good place to start. Getting on google and doing some searches would be a good idea as well.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well i've heard of CSCS and CPT, I think those would be a good place to start. Getting on google and doing some searches would be a good idea as well.
Need a college degree in order to obtain a CSCS, not for the CPT.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Good thing I have a college degree then, I was thinking about getting these and being a personal trainer on the weekends for some extra cash.

Here is the link to the NSCA website http://www.nsca-cc.org/
weekend personal training I couldnt see raking in too much money lol. Most people I meet who want a PT want 3 days a week. That is the specter of training frequency atm i guess.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i'm currently taking ISSA's personal trainer course. so far i'm impressed. for what it's worth, there's a lot of assistance in their program.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NSCA-CPT, ACSM Certs are the most respected.

The CSCS is the hardest to obtain. You can't apply the surface logic of "fitness" like what machine builds what muscle, you need to know some biomechanics and in depth physiology. They have a lot of study material for it, but the material is so much to cover. If you ever have any inquiries, I can tell you what to focus on if you decide on the route of CSCS.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
weekend personal training I couldnt see raking in too much money lol. Most people I meet who want a PT want 3 days a week. That is the specter of training frequency atm i guess.
It really depends where you work. The clients will pay around $60-70 per session on average, but you get about $15-$17 on average.

CalState Fullerton's Rec center pays Certified Trainers $24/hour and CSCS $29/hour. However, that's not common.

It all depends where you work.

L.A. Fitness/24 hour, I don't know, but it's probably around $15/hour, but I'm just guessing, I've never worked there.

The shangrila of a CSCS positions in my opinion, is to be a strength coach of a Pro Football or DI team, stability, respect and general awesomeness.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
It really depends where you work. The clients will pay around $60-70 per session on average, but you get about $15-$17 on average.

CalState Fullerton's Rec center pays Certified Trainers $24/hour and CSCS $29/hour. However, that's not common.

It all depends where you work.

L.A. Fitness/24 hour, I don't know, but it's probably around $15/hour, but I'm just guessing, I've never worked there.

The shangrila of a CSCS positions in my opinion, is to be a strength coach of a Pro Football or DI team, stability, respect and general awesomeness.
my and my buddy are toying with the idea of opening a supplement/nutrition shop/gym together. Considering we love fitness, I am going into personal training and probably changing my college courses to be more fitness oriented. Or at least freelancing it. It makes no sense for a gym to take a 43-53$ cut of the profit. All I need is the right location....