Student dies. Reasoning: Protien.

redline2101

Awards
So about 5 mins. ago my mom who works at a college informed me that a student there dies a week ago. Apparently the e-mail the school has sent around is saying his cause of death was a high-protien diet, and the protien killed him. I know this is possible, but to what lengths would you have to go to to actually die from protien? My guess was "protien" was probably thier interchaingable word for some other supplament, but I may be wrong.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i'd like to see high hig a protein diet...i mean there are guys here and on gear who are up to 250g+ a day....Im guessing he had some underlying condition or pre-existing he ignored.

If your mom gets a link or something let us know.

What school? Im sure this will end up on the news somewhere to make the industry/lifestyle look worse.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The government will love to spin everything it can to make our style look bad. They dont want strong people out in the general population lol.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
which country did he buy his protein from?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I eat around 350-400g Protein a day. Healthy as a horse.

Groundhog protein doesn't settle too well in my stomach :lol:

Flyers2385

Awards
High protein diets, which can be excessive with some people, puts a strain on the kidneys.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
High protein diets, which can be excessive with some people, puts a strain on the kidneys.
Not to mention the ole' gastro tract if you dont get enough fiber in your diet. He either had some dormant or underlying conditon that for some reason was aggravated by high protein intake, or it was laced with rat poison.

redline2101

Awards
I searched for it on google but couldnt find anything yet, im going to see if I can get a copy of the e-mail.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When we're talking high protein, we're talking REALLY high protein. You'd have to be shoveling 500-600g on a daily basis. And even that's a little bit of a blanket. There's way more to it.

UKStrength

Sounds like another government spin to get more supplements banned.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
The ammonia and nitrogen retention experienced by a few users of protein drinks and supplements is because of a weak kidney in general and the high protein diet can cause renal failure, this guy had to have an underlying problem that was exagerated by his protein intake....mariusz pudzianowski, and others like arild haugen take in 700 plus grams of protein a day, i read somewhere that odd haugen who is nearly 60 has eaten a high protein diet all his life, and still competes in strong man.
Im sure there was much more to this story as others here have suggested.