GNC & Vitamin World

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I usually don't shop at GNC or Vitamin World, mostly due to the fact that my mother is a manager at a local health food store. But there are some things that they don't have a distributor for so I'm stuck either with shopping on line or going to GNC / Vitamin World (it doesn't happen often, but if I simply don't want to wait for something to come in the mail I bite the bullet).

I went in to pick up some NO-Explode...some like it...some don't...doesn't matter...it's the stuff I like and it gets me very pumped up and hating the world just before a workout.

So I venture into Vitmain world...of course they don't have the flavor I want in the "Extra 25% Free" size container. So the woman there proceeds to tell me how her son came in and looked at the No-Explode and Vitamin Worlds knock off and found that it's the exact same just that the knock off had extra Glutamine. As frugile of a person as I am...I've tried a couple of other pre-workout supplements lately and they just haven't worked for me. So I want the one that I know 100% positively works for me. So I politely walk away and say thanks.

Then I walk into GNC. They have the flavor I want...and in the size container...for $66.00!....Vitamin World had it for $41.00. I don't fret too much over a buck or two....but $25 is a lot of money to me. So I try getting the sales persons attention...just wanted to know if they matched prices. I was told I'd have to have proof of the competitors price. She didn't seem to enjoy it when I told her to call down there herself. So...she finally scans it and discovers that it's on sale for the same price as the competition.

While I'm at the counter another customer asks me how I like the No-Explode...I tell him I've tried a bunch of other stuff and that it was the stuff that seemed best suited for me. It was 2 guys...shooting the breeze while being rung up. The sales person...who was a 5'2 female and weighing at least 185lbs steps in and starts telling the other guy that the No-Explode isn't that "Extreme" and the new GNC formula is "the most extreme formula out there".

My question...How in the Hell would she know...did she read it on the back of her twinkie wrapper? Oh...I know...must have been on a piece of Muscle Tech literature...comparing the most extreme extremes of extreme.

Ok...I've vented...I feel better...bottom line...I hate when I'm shooting the breeze with another guy about something you can tell we both do (workout) and someone who looks like they haven't curled anything more than a honey bun in the last decade tries to step in and push her stores product line.

Ahhhh...btw...in case I didn't mention...I quit chewing about 3 weeks ago...I've chewed for 18 years...and I still hate the whole world...especially little short fat women who claim to know more about pre-workout drinks than someone who has actually used them.

Thanks for listening

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I usually don't shop at GNC or Vitamin World, mostly due to the fact that my mother is a manager at a local health food store. But there are some things that they don't have a distributor for so I'm stuck either with shopping on line or going to GNC / Vitamin World (it doesn't happen often, but if I simply don't want to wait for something to come in the mail I bite the bullet).

I went in to pick up some NO-Explode...some like it...some don't...doesn't matter...it's the stuff I like and it gets me very pumped up and hating the world just before a workout.

So I venture into Vitmain world...of course they don't have the flavor I want in the "Extra 25% Free" size container. So the woman there proceeds to tell me how her son came in and looked at the No-Explode and Vitamin Worlds knock off and found that it's the exact same just that the knock off had extra Glutamine. As frugile of a person as I am...I've tried a couple of other pre-workout supplements lately and they just haven't worked for me. So I want the one that I know 100% positively works for me. So I politely walk away and say thanks.

Then I walk into GNC. They have the flavor I want...and in the size container...for $66.00!....Vitamin World had it for $41.00. I don't fret too much over a buck or two....but $25 is a lot of money to me. So I try getting the sales persons attention...just wanted to know if they matched prices. I was told I'd have to have proof of the competitors price. She didn't seem to enjoy it when I told her to call down there herself. So...she finally scans it and discovers that it's on sale for the same price as the competition.

While I'm at the counter another customer asks me how I like the No-Explode...I tell him I've tried a bunch of other stuff and that it was the stuff that seemed best suited for me. It was 2 guys...shooting the breeze while being rung up. The sales person...who was a 5'2 female and weighing at least 185lbs steps in and starts telling the other guy that the No-Explode isn't that "Extreme" and the new GNC formula is "the most extreme formula out there".

My question...How in the Hell would she know...did she read it on the back of her twinkie wrapper? Oh...I know...must have been on a piece of Muscle Tech literature...comparing the most extreme extremes of extreme.

Ok...I've vented...I feel better...bottom line...I hate when I'm shooting the breeze with another guy about something you can tell we both do (workout) and someone who looks like they haven't curled anything more than a honey bun in the last decade tries to step in and push her stores product line.

Ahhhh...btw...in case I didn't mention...I quit chewing about 3 weeks ago...I've chewed for 18 years...and I still hate the whole world...especially little short fat women who claim to know more about pre-workout drinks than someone who has actually used them.

Thanks for listening
I hear you bro, screw em. I would rather nab my vit's from Walmart than GNC...the lesser evil...

But I just use nutra and get it in 2 days :type:

Gotta love the people who can lie to your face, and who are just after money. She gets commision for pushing that, so of course its XtReMe!!!!!

Give her some M-drol in a vitamin bottle and tell her you want her to test out a new PWO.....BWAHAHA

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
lol i totally understand your story man i went into gnc to pick up some protein cuz i didnt want to wait, and i went in there for the stuff i like!!! then some dude who looks like he hasnt worked out in years, and is atleast twice my age, tells me that the protein im buying is terrible the 100% optimum nutrition whey gold standard stuff, 5lbs for 32 bucks awesome deal to me, he tells me the GNC 100% Whey protein blows that stuff out of the water, with less servings less protein per serving and more money, its just like dude i know what i like and **** your gnc stuff u make commission on **** i dont want, i hate that they just dont leave you alone when you know what your there for

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for listening
i just hate short fat women in general. actually, fat women in general i hate..they always have sumin to complain about...

but neways yes i hate GNC with a passion. i interviewed for a job there because i thought it would be a good part time job during the semester for a college kid, didnt get the job because in their words "i knew too much about supplements...they felt i would drive people away...and i knew more about everything in there than the district manager".

true story..

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't worry about you just have to understand that they are told what products to push and get commission I believe. It's like going into Macy's and the shoe guy trying to push a more expensive shoe on you. It's there job just ignore them and buy what you want sometimes they have real good deals. one weekend they were selling BSN Atrophex for cheaper than i could get online