shareaza users...

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
everyone tells me how fast this program is.. however my downloads are slower than hell.. is there possibly a setting that i have out of place? i notice that even tho it says its downloading at say 150 kb/s it is nowhere near that and only like one small portion of the file is being downloaded at that speed.. thanks in advacne

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
i just got this program and it blows. things take days to start downloading and when they finally do start they download at only 4k or slower.
cc

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah exactly.. they have a queue line for downloads thats why.. kinda gay if you ask me.. but every review i read on it posted by someone tells how fast it is

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a huge fan, but it's ok....I think emule might be better, and I still like kazaa lite also :)

db682

Awards
  • Established
First off, Shareraza downloads straight from emule and and bittorent so if your downloads are crap on shareaza then they will be crap on those as well. Its all in the setup.

Lake,
open shareaza and make sure the connection box on the home screen is showing that eDonkey and both Gnuetellas are connected. Next click on tools then settings and uploads. Set each queue in the queues box to zero or as close as you can to it (by using edit button). Next go to Gnutella in the networks box and change all the leaf to hub, hub to leaf and hub to hub numbers to about 200. Next go to eDonkey2000 box and set the numbers to about 5000 for stop searching and 200 for connect to no more then click the download for the serverlist and change the word right before the .met to "max" (or just cut and paste this there. http://ocbmaurice.dyndns.org/pl/slist.pl/server.met?download/server-max.met )

another thing you can do is go to the downloads button and select it and change the max files and transfers per file to about 200 each.

If it still aint working then trash it and try something else cause I cant help you then.

db

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Aren't the record companies still filing lawsuits in regards to these sites? I'm kinda out of the loop on that.

BTW, has anyone seen those Napster cards that you can buy now? They are $15/card and allows you to download 15 songs of your choice. WTF??!! Might as well buy a damn CD for that much. Not even mentioning that you'll have to buy the blank discs, wait for the download, and possible errors that may occur. What a jip, I'd rather record myself on a karaoke box. :D Actually, that sounds like a good idea...... Who's up for some sing-a-longs?

Break it down now......"Mary had a little lamb, little lamb..... :eek: :(

db682

Awards
  • Established
peer guardian and security host blocks keep Riaa and other fake host from getting to your comp.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
well now its not that its not finding users cause it finds like 150 users which is awesome.. however this stupid program uses queue lines.. absolutely rediculous.. 95% of them i was queued in slot 1000 or more! i mean **** it would take all year to wait in that line.. they would sign off before i ever got there anyways..

pegasus

Awards
I still like kaaza lite myself. I tried the others and was not satisified.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I still like kaaza lite myself. I tried the others and was not satisified.
where can you download kazaa lite now? ihave been having trying to find it for a lil bit now and i cant seem to find it anywhere.

drei

Awards
Kazaalite

Kazaalite is fine for music but if you want software, documents, videos, playlist and anything other than music Shareaza is the ****. I have downloaded software that would cost $30K if I were to try and purchase legally. Also you have to tweak Shareaza for better download performance.
Be sure that in the Shareaza settings -->Internet-->Connections set your Inbound address to the maximum speed of your internet connection. For most cable modems this would be 3Mb per second or 3072.Kb per second.

Last edited:

drei

Awards
Aren't the record companies still filing lawsuits in regards to these sites? I'm kinda out of the loop on that.

BTW, has anyone seen those Napster cards that you can buy now? They are $15/card and allows you to download 15 songs of your choice. WTF??!! Might as well buy a damn CD for that much. Not even mentioning that you'll have to buy the blank discs, wait for the download, and possible errors that may occur. What a jip, I'd rather record myself on a karaoke box. :D Actually, that sounds like a good idea...... Who's up for some sing-a-longs?

Break it down now......"Mary had a little lamb, little lamb..... :eek: :(
The record companies are filing suits against individual users who are sharing hundreds of music files from there pc's.

You can find tons of info on filesharing at www.zeropaid.com

dito

Awards
  • Established
DB do you have any more tweaks? Will those work for version 2.0?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wild guess is that you haven't got any files to share (and therefore no uploads from your PC) and therefore your 'status' is a little low and you won't get a high download speed.

I'm used emule and its got some kind of built in priority system and I've definitely noticed the difference if I up my upload speed.

db682

Awards
  • Established
I have about 4 downloads running as we speak all at about 400 kbps each.
Try using these websites for bittorrent file links and emule and edonkey links that have extremly high download speeds.

http://tracker.bittorrent-webt3.com/
http://torrentazos.com/index.php
http://www.goldesel.to/
http://www.willywood.6x.to/
http://www.audio-esel.de.vu/

All are in other languages but if you use freetranslation.com or download globalink translater youll be gravy. They all need registration as well but none of them are spammers so your safe.

db

undecipherable

Board Supporter
Awards
eMule is generally much better, it's fantastic for hard-to-find stuff.

i use shareazza, but with gnutella2 network ONLY enabled. i've never gotten anything off gnutella1 (probably the reason for your long queues). gnutella2 is much faster than anything but bittorrent, but the number of available files is lower. don't bother using eDonkey with shareazza, their implementation is buggy, as i recommended above, go with eMule for that.

btw, there is a setting in shareazza where you can specify the maximum queue length you'll accept. you might trying setting that to 200 or somehing, which will keep the app searching for copies until it locates sufficiently short queues.

another thing, for all filesharing you'll need to pretty much shut off your personal firewall or if you're an expert user, punch holes at the correct ports, or sharing won't work properly. you need to be able to accept incoming connections on the necessary ports free & clear.

if you're behind a router/firewall (wireless router connected to cable modem, etc.) that could also be a problem. if you have one of these, log into the admin screen and either punch holes in it, or put your computer in the 'DMZ' while sharing and see if you get better response (remember to switch it back onto the protected network when you're done though).

DO get yourself a copy of peerguardian2 to protect against the RIAA, etc..

Bittorrent is good and you can get very fast speeds, but the torrents only live a week or so after being posted. By contrast, eMule you can search for anything anybody's sharing. Good bittorrent sites include thepiratebay.com.

Good Luck and Safe Downloading!