Controversial Teen Steroid Article - AnabolicMinds.com

Controversial Teen Steroid Article

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Controversial Teen Steroid Article

Happened to stumble across this and was wondering if anybody with more knowledge would know if what hes saying is true or not. NOTE: I'M NOT CONDONING OR SUPPORTING THE USE OF STEROIDS NOR AM I SAYING I AM EVEN CONSIDERING THEM. I'M STRICTLY LOOKING TO DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE.
    "The topic of teens and steroids generally gets people quite heated up.

My view is not a popular view, but please reserve judgement until the end of the article.

There's a lot of "bro-knowledge" parroted on the correct age for teens and steroids, which have little to no basis in reality.

Myth #1: As a teenager you are already on a light cycle, as anyone under the age of (18-25) has exceptionally high testosterone levels.

Fact: The most testosterone any teenager has will be comparable to around 100mg per week, 150mg maximum.

I don't see anyone advocating steroid cycles of 100mg-150mg per week so why those levels be considered to be as good as a “lighter cycle”?

Another thing, not all teenagers have high testosterone. As with any population there’s always a range.

Some will have high testosterone and some will be low. However on average a teenager will have higher testosterone levels than a 30+ y/o.

Myth #2: Going on a steroid cycle when you are too young will permanently “**** up” your natural testosterone production for the rest of your life.

Fact: If anything your HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis) will rebound faster at a younger age.

There is no magical age when negative feedback to your HPTA ceases to be permanent.

Myth #3: Going on a cycle as a teenager will stunt your growth.

Fact: Yes that is true… partially. If you are not finished growing, higher amounts of estrogen can cause premature closing of the epiphyseal plates.

But, if you take pains to control estrogen with AI’s (Aromatase Inhibitors medications like Arimidex and Aromasin) when using aromatizing steroids like testosterone or Dianabol this won’t happen.

Another option is to stick to non-aromatizing steroids like Turinabol, Anavar, Winstrol, Masteron, and Equipoise so you won’t have to worry about this side effect.

Myth #4: If you haven't reached your natural muscle gaining limit you are short changing your long term gains.

Fact: What is more motivating? Gaining at a slower or faster rate?

You will be more apt to continue progressing if you are good at something right?

Why make things necessarily difficult? Do you not take supplements or eat properly either to make sure you don’t progress to quickly and make your workouts more intellectually stimulating?

Steroids aren't any different. They are just another tool to improve your physique.

They do not have magical properties that make them any different for growth than proper exercise and nutrition.

Therefore they should be treated the same.

Why should you wait till after your 20's when you are past your prime, to make your greatest gains?

Girls on Steroids

First let me say I am totally against girls using anabolic steroids at any performance based dose!

Girls/women can't handle the higher androgen content due to their greater sensitivity to testosterone.

However, girls are taking the birth control pill as early an age as 13.

The pill is a combination of estrogens and progestins, which are technically steroids, although not anabolic. Are young girls experiencing major health complications from birth control use?

That’s to be debated, but generally no. Is testosterone for boys so much more evil than estrogen and progesterone for girls?

No, so I don't see why the hypocrisy with teens and steroids when used by responsible individuals.

Conclusion

Before the hate mail comes, I would like to say I didn’t dabble with steroids until I was 29, so I have no invested interest regarding teens and steroids.

I’m not promoting their use, but the fact is many teenagers will take them anyways.

We may as well educate them on using steroids properly to prevent any negative side effects.

Deterence with alcohol and marijuana hasn't worked, and lying about it will only make them lose our trust.

It's better than them learning the hard way by getting gynecomastia (gyno/bitch tits), stunting their growth, or temporary depression, which is pretty much the worst that can happen. "

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by redline2101 View Post
    Happened to stumble across this and was wondering if anybody with more knowledge would know if what hes saying is true or not. NOTE: I'M NOT CONDONING OR SUPPORTING THE USE OF STEROIDS NOR AM I SAYING I AM EVEN CONSIDERING THEM. I'M STRICTLY LOOKING TO DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE.
    what article?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

I had to copy/paste b/c i cant post links yet but should be fine.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I am not very knowledgable when it comes to teens and steroid use. One of my closest friends has been on since he was 15. His strength coach even helped hook him up. Does he have any problems? Not that I know of or can see.

Now bringing up the alcohol and marijuana part.

I have never smoked. Period. Cigs or any drugs. I have never done anything other than take a couple of my buddies vicodin when he was prescribed. I did drink underage, but am in my mid 20's now and rarely drink at all. Maybe a 6 pack every 2 months. I do use steroids though.

Now that you have some info on me. I waited until I was in my 20's to use steroids. The only reason is because I was scared. Not because I was educated. Maybe educating some teens will help, maybe it won't.

Now on to the supplement industry. Why not educate the public about the random mixtures and concoctions that are thrown together and given a label and sold for $60 at GNC. I think the lack of knowledge of supplements should be looked at a little closer. Then again, I will continue to buy supplements without ever knowing the full ingredients, even though I have a little knowledge.

My point is that people will do what they want. It's just life and society.

BTW im not picking a side to any of this, I am partial to both beliefs.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

I am not partial, a teen on roids needs smacked with a sledge hammer. Way too many things can go wrong. Sure a few people may get away with it, but what long term issues will they have down the road. Maybe if a teen does that, they should not be allowed HRT when they are 21.....or 24....they should have to wait till 30 for HRT to experience their stupidity.

More often than not, people who take roids in their teens, come back years later and say "I wish I didnt" or" I would be better off not doing that". Not to mention burning out receptors. It is likely Steroids will become the only way they can stay big the rest of their life.

Just IMO
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Well one of the things I was most curious about was the fact that he states the HPTA will rebound quickest as a teen. To me, with everything else he says it seems like if you were going to do it 18-25 would be the optimal time. I'm not saying it is, but based on his "facts", wouldn't it seem so? I mean is there anything to back up that natural test is at stake more so for teens, or was that an assumed fact. I know social conditioning can teach people wrong things, just because alot of people believe something doesn't mean its true, this has been proven many times. Of course if anybody can find any info to back up the article i found, that would be interesting also. @ Zero V, how many people do you know that have come and old you they wish they hadn't used steroids as a teen, or is it mostly a third party hearing it? Just curious. @ Kraker, I agree that people should be informed about steroids, but not about the supplement industry. I think the supplement industry should be under new regulations though, to ensure safety and quality. I don't think it would be possible to teach most kids about all of the ingredients just because most kids don't care, and a lot don't care about steroids either. Also people will make their own decisions, but I think that people should know the FULL truth before they make their decisions, and because of the internet, there are a lot of myths for EVERYTHING going around, just because ANYBODY can be a doctor or scientist online.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

I do agree it is more likely a 22 year old will rebound faster and be up to speed than a 32 year old will. Body is still in its prime.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

@ Kraker, I agree that people should be informed about steroids, but not about the supplement industry. I think the supplement industry should be under new regulations though, to ensure safety and quality. I don't think it would be possible to teach most kids about all of the ingredients just because most kids don't care, and a lot don't care about steroids either. Also people will make their own decisions, but I think that people should know the FULL truth before they make their decisions, and because of the internet, there are a lot of myths for EVERYTHING going around, just because ANYBODY can be a doctor or scientist online.
    I agree with you. Your statement about the supp ind is worded alot nicer than mine haha
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Also does anybody know if that 100-150mg test is realistic? I mean naturally even a teen, and when I say teen I mean 18-25, wouldn't come close to a say 500mg/wk test cycle, its a way bigger difference than I expected. I thought a teen would be in equivalent of 200-250mg range with the way people seem to talk about it.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

There is so much "Bro Science" that it's hard to decipher fact from fiction. Anything supporting the arguements in the article would be great.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

I agree that any REAL studies or tests supporting EITHER side of the argument would be appreciated. I'm going to do my own research so i'll post whatever I can find either way.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Myth #2: Going on a steroid cycle when you are too young will permanently “**** up” your natural testosterone production for the rest of your life.

Fact: If anything your HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis) will rebound faster at a younger age.

There is no magical age when negative feedback to your HPTA ceases to be permanent.
    this argument makes no sense. talking about screwing up your natural test production is a very real possibility, which i will get into in just a minute. talking on how "recovery is faster" is ignoring the question altogether.

when you're still growing, your body will naturally be trying to stabilize its hormonal output. say your test levels fluctuate between the equivalent of 100-150mg test on any given day. when it stabilizes, you would hope it would be somewhere in the middle of those numbers.

when you take anything inside you that alters your hormonal levels, your natural test production declines. if it drops to 0 (4-5 weeks of superdrol), your body may try to stabilize somewhere between 0-150mg of test, which is a HUGE difference than 100-150mg. the aforementioned article addresses none of these concerns, and skates by with "better recovery from taking a cycle". absolute bull****. i understand PCT will be easier, but recovery from after a cycle isn't the actual concern - the concern obviously is what a chemist would refer to as a "false positive", where an external addition (steroids) make your body believe that 0 is a valid test level, and tries to find the balance between that number, and the maximum number.

IMO.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    this argument makes no sense. talking about screwing up your natural test production is a very real possibility, which i will get into in just a minute. talking on how "recovery is faster" is ignoring the question altogether.

when you're still growing, your body will naturally be trying to stabilize its hormonal output. say your test levels fluctuate between the equivalent of 100-150mg test on any given day. when it stabilizes, you would hope it would be somewhere in the middle of those numbers.

when you take anything inside you that alters your hormonal levels, your natural test production declines. if it drops to 0 (4-5 weeks of superdrol), your body may try to stabilize somewhere between 0-150mg of test, which is a HUGE difference than 100-150mg. the aforementioned article addresses none of these concerns, and skates by with "better recovery from taking a cycle". absolute bull****. i understand PCT will be easier, but recovery from after a cycle isn't the actual concern - the concern obviously is what a chemist would refer to as a "false positive", where an external addition (steroids) make your body believe that 0 is a valid test level, and tries to find the balance between that number, and the maximum number.

IMO.
    Now that, is a valid input! Sun knows his stuff, and you cant argue with that one.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Thanks for the reply and input. Are you saying that during a cycle your natural testosterone will be between 0-150? That would make sense, however I don't see why that would be a problem, that would mean your body is doing what it is supposed to do. If your cycling Test at 500mg/wk, your body shouldn't be making testosterone. And it would be no different in a person over 25 correct?
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Thanks for the reply and input. Are you saying that during a cycle your natural testosterone will be between 0-150? That would make sense, however I don't see why that would be a problem, that would mean your body is doing what it is supposed to do. If your cycling Test at 500mg/wk, your body shouldn't be making testosterone. And it would be no different in a person over 25 correct?
    Point being. While you are still growing your body is looking to find a stable level to stay at for the rest of your life. So if it finds that having a natural production of 50, is perfectly fine because your running steroids, and decides to make that your max for the rest of your life....your kinda screwed arent you?
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Oh ok I didn't understand that. Do you have any studies to back that? I'll try to find some but I'm not sure what to search for. Anyways thanks for the input.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Heres something I found that is pretty shocking and sick if you ask me.

"RALEIGH — Young children are using illegal drugs to pump themselves up. A study out of the University of Massachusetts shows more pre-teens are using steroids. What these young athletes don't know is that a little help now could make for a lot of hurt later in life.

They are called anabolic steroids. Although some adult athletes still use them to build muscles and increase strength, they have been banned in most sports. And now, a disturbing new study shows our youngest athletes are using them, boys and girls who aren't even teenagers yet. Sterling Cofield coaches 9 to 12 year olds:

"It's a big desire to win by some people," Cofield explains. "They might encourage that. I certainly would hope not."

Pediatrician Dr. David Horowitz says he's concerned what steroid use says about our competitive society:

"I am really worried about what it means in our society as far as the competitiveness that is going to provoke a kid to feel they need to do that at age 9 or 10 for them to be successful at sports," says Dr. Horowitz.

Not only does it send the wrong message to kids, but doctors say using anabolic steroids now will hurt them later in life.

"In children who aren't done growing yet, what steroids do is close the growing ends of the bones before they would naturally be ready to close," Dr. Horowitz explains. "That would actually make someone shorter."

Dr. Horowitz says anabolic steroids can also cause liver disease, cancer, emotional outbursts and mood swings. On top of the negative side effects, doctors say the simple fact is anabolic steroids do not give children an athletic edge. They hurt a child's chances at a healthy future.

Steroids used to treat asthma patients are legal. It's anabolic steroids that parents need to be on the look out for."
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It's messed up, but I think it would be interesting to see what an 8yo looks like after he's been on the sauce for 12 weeks.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    It's messed up, but I think it would be interesting to see what an 8yo looks like after he's been on the sauce for 12 weeks.
    Super midgets
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Oh ok I didn't understand that. Do you have any studies to back that? I'll try to find some but I'm not sure what to search for. Anyways thanks for the input.
    doing those kinds of studies are shall we say.. illegal and immoral. we have a conceptualized idea of what will happen, but nobody will ever do studies by giving teenagers steroids - can you imagine the communal outrage?

we do know that the body tries to stabilize its hormonal levels somewhere between 16-20 years old. we do know that taking any kind of steroid will lower your natural testosterone levels. its not rocket science to see how this is a bad idea, but you will never find studies on it, again, because nobody is crazy enough to do them.

can you imagine putting that add out for a university study? : "looking for 50 teenagers to load up with steroids. we will record any permanent changes, how much your growth plates will close (stunt your growth), and all other permanently bad side effects. we will not pay for any long term damage caused"

you can however, read multiple articles on people that took steroids as a minor (some even on this forum), that have screwed up testosterone levels at 25 and under. those are the only articles you will find on the subject.
  21. Senior Member

gonna have to call bs on the "pre-teens on steroids" epidemic.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    gonna have to call bs on the "pre-teens on steroids" epidemic.
    do you think its safe, and if so, what age?
  23. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    do you think its safe, and if so, what age?
    oh I wouldn't condone using them at a young age or as a teenager. I just meant I think the one article about kids that are 10 years old taking steroids is exaggerated...a kid that age has no access to steroids, and even the worst parents oughta know better.

As far as teens taking steroids, I am not going to act like I know the endocrine system well enough to give a definitive answer. I just know at that age the common mindset is "more is better", and that can be problematic with anabolics.

That being said, I'd say if I was 17, hoping to get a scholarship for football or something, I probably would take them if given the opportunity. If I had a son that same age in the same situation and caught him taking steroids, I'd probably be pissed. I just feel like at that age, most don't have the mindset for responsible usage
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

oh I wouldn't condone using them at a young age or as a teenager. I just meant I think the one article about kids that are 10 years old taking steroids is exaggerated...a kid that age has no access to steroids, and even the worst parents oughta know better.

As far as teens taking steroids, I am not going to act like I know the endocrine system well enough to give a definitive answer. I just know at that age the common mindset is "more is better", and that can be problematic with anabolics.

That being said, I'd say if I was 17, hoping to get a scholarship for football or something, I probably would take them if given the opportunity. If I had a son that same age in the same situation and caught him taking steroids, I'd probably be pissed. I just feel like at that age, most don't have the mindset for responsible usage
    that's a lot of the problem - the more is better attitude, and the "quick fix" mentality. they should be treated the same way prescription meds are - with research and careful planning. funny you mention 10 years old - taking steroids pre puberty will increase the size of your johnson useless trivia.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

are you dumb? ate the age of 9 you can get crack....steroids is even easier because if you mention to a dealer you want it, they will bring it....
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

bull**** no 9-12 year old are using steroids what are they injecting themselves? or stealing there parents credit card and ordering oral roids online and getting them in the mail hiding them in there room ? wtf yeaa that arcticles bs.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    bull**** no 9-12 year old are using steroids what are they injecting themselves? or stealing there parents credit card and ordering oral roids online and getting them in the mail hiding them in there room ? wtf yeaa that arcticles bs.
    10 year old kid wants roids....the guy who sells him weed tells him he can get him some....kid doesnt have money....steals friends PS2.....trades it for roids. Maybe just oral like D-bol, or even a PH/DS like Epi, m-drol, etc.

Come the hell on do you underestimate kids that much. When I was 9 I could have drawn up proper plans to knock over a bank, and they probably would have worked. Creativity is a strong point at those ages. When you want something, you can find a way. Even saving allowance up for a good month. I pinched penneis back then.....wish I woulda kept that habit....

Kids are desensitized early in todays world. So they assume they are more mature than they really are. And some are fairly intelligent.

BTW 10 years old is about 6th grade....I have already spoken before about being a 6th grade camp counselor and the crap I seen and dealt with....

I Doubt it is wide spread.....maybe....under 30 in the whole US have done it who are between 9-12. But I Guarantee a few have.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    10 year old kid wants roids....the guy who sells him weed tells him he can get him some....kid doesnt have money....steals friends PS2.....trades it for roids. Maybe just oral like D-bol, or even a PH/DS like Epi, m-drol, etc.
    I could see maybe orals. Superdrol or the likes.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

I'm jus sayin if a teenager wants to take em, let em.
    Atleast try to teach the knowledge.
    If they don't listen, screw em, they deserve the long term problems.
    These discussion boards are a tool to helping people learn knowledge about cycles and dosage and just everything when it comes to supplements and steroids.
    If they're not gonna bother to look up information, seek help if they're a beginer, or just jump into it stupidly
    Let them
    Theyl learn.
  30. Banned

Awesome thread haha
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.

as a teen i feel that if some teens wanted to take the roids where do we get the info there are so many brands out there. some just have crap in them and some are the real deal. how is one suppose to discern from the "good" or the "bad" ect... and some teens did take the wrong ones they would get messed up. the information from what i have seen/read it is really hard to tell wether a product is "good" or is just a waste.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by clax View Post
    as a teen i feel that if some teens wanted to take the roids where do we get the info there are so many brands out there. some just have crap in them and some are the real deal. how is one suppose to discern from the "good" or the "bad" ect... and some teens did take the wrong ones they would get messed up. the information from what i have seen/read it is really hard to tell wether a product is "good" or is just a waste.
    Your missing the point...ALL STEROIDS are the wrong ones for teens... there is no good ones... they will all do damage.

In fact, the better and the quality of the steroid, and more effective it is...the more likely it will do bad things...
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  300 lbs.

to be honest the truth will never be accepted by the public, too many myths and BS surround AAS
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

A lot of bro-science used to disprove bro-science...

Anyways, the problem with 'children' using steroids is that there is no real understanding of future consequences. This is why the law bends when you're dealing with juveniles. Most adults use a more=better mantra when dealing with supplements and steroids and **** themselves up all the time because the knowledge and proper directions that are out there are ignored for various reasons. Two of those reasons are money and accessibility. This would only increase with children... if testosterone ONLY had an effect on muscle, then many of the dangers would not be there. However, changing this hormone has an effect on the whole body and can cause an already hormonal kid to swing in one extreme or another.

I agree with the fact that kids will do what they want, even when presented with proper facts but there are real dangers with using steroids at an early age. Many of them worse than the ones used in this OPED.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Steroid Interviews - TNation Article
    By neoborn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 11:52 AM
  2. ESPN.com steroid article
    By LCSULLA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 11:43 AM
  3. Another steroid article
    By Jack of Shadows in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 7