**** YOU GM!!!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They already recieved $13 billion of our money and now they want more or they will declare bankruptcy! So they take our money, do nothing with it, declare bankruptcy and keep it all without having to pay it back. WTF. Why don't the fricken owners put in their own money for their own company? What do we get out of it? If you can't keep your own damn company profitable then your SHiit out of luck. You fail, you lose, you're fired!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is another reason why I only buy foreign cars now.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, but the damn Bailout era administration started this, and it has no signs of slowing. One more factor from the 10 steps of the communist manifesto.

Each and every one of these damn companies should have declared bankruptcy from the beginning and have to reorg to stay open. I don't see the mom and pop shops getting bailed out.

It was wrong when Bush did it, and it's wrong with Obama.

I want my liberty, and freedom (Personal and Financial)... keep your damn CHANGE.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This helps what? Giving our money away even more than it is now?

If you want a respectable American company.. go with Ford... Respect for not putting their hand out waiting for something they feel ENTITLED TO.

Something for nothing mentality... I down right love it.

Adams

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you want a respectable American company.. go with Ford... Respect for not putting their hand out waiting for something they feel ENTITLED TO.

Adams
I would also like a reliable means of transportation.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
HAHA reps rodja, wizz on ford(though the 350's are nice!)

Hey dont bash the communist manifesto -.- Communism in proper function is technically the best government possible. Its just when you add in greedy humans that it gets all screwed up.

I wont lie, my cell background is the Red Star, with the Sickle and Hammer.

But I love America, I just think that just as communism failed, democracy has too. And we have yet to see a true communism, just a dictatorship calling itself one. And as for America we are only a few years away from a Democratic Dictatorship. Our presidential election slogans would be *who do you want to Butt Fudge you next!?)

This bailout is so the rich can turn the money off into foreign investments and maintain an actual amount of wealth once the US completely crashes.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would also like a reliable means of transportation.
And?

I don't see any mid 50's toyota's on the street, nor nissans.

To claim American cars are less reliable than foreign is just absurd. Through consumer reports Ford shows to out due many of the higher ranked Japanese manufacturers.

Not to mention foreign no longer leads in MPG. And they only did in the first place because we demanded SUV's from the American market.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey dont bash the communist manifesto -.- Communism in proper function is technically the best government possible. Its just when you add in greedy humans that it gets all screwed up.
This right here is pure opinion. I do not find communism in any function to be the best. I have read and studied up on the "Utopian" governement and find it a sham, and only created to thrust said figure head to the head of said community. There is no freedom in working for others, and being told what and when you can have something.

Adams

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This right here is pure opinion. I do not find communism in any function to be the best. I have read and studied up on the "Utopian" governement and find it a sham, and only created to thrust said figure head to the head of said community. There is no freedom in working for others, and being told what and when you can have something.

Adams
True all politics are opinion, I didn't mean that to sound like...correct or anything. Personally a hybrid of true democracy and communism would be interesting if some people who were smart enough did it. We just have to leave politics out of its development.

Communism does leave too many holes for someone to use it for absolute power.

I am a believer in the greater good idea. I would lay down my life to save anyone's child. I would sacrifice myself to save a great number of people if it is better for my country.

The biggest issue with the world today is capitalism. Hence why the bailout is our preferred route....

No government is, or can be perfect. But we do have our ideas of best.

I also believe in sacrificing the few the save the many. Which sadly our court system doesn't.

What we really need is a new form, built from the ground up, that allows the masses to be taken care of, without letting them run themselves into the ground. One that supports freedom, but limits the opinion of the masses a bit. The masses are stupid as hell.... Look into the "how dumb is she" thread. You know she votes right?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And?

To claim American cars are less reliable than foreign is just absurd. Through consumer reports Ford shows to out due many of the higher ranked Japanese manufacturers.

Not to mention foreign no longer leads in MPG. And they only did in the first place because we demanded SUV's from the American market.

Adams
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/03/consumer-reports-most-reliable-used-cars.html?EXTKEY=I91ECON&CMP=OTC-ConsumeristLinks

It's not like that is a new development in the auto industry, either.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
There was an engine that got something like 80 mpg developed back in the 40s. Govt bought up the plans, claimed they lost em....

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True all politics are opinion, I didn't mean that to sound like...correct or anything. Personally a hybrid of true democracy and communism would be interesting if some people who were smart enough did it. We just have to leave politics out of its development.

Communism does leave too many holes for someone to use it for absolute power.

I am a believer in the greater good idea. I would lay down my life to save anyone's child. I would sacrifice myself to save a great number of people if it is better for my country.

The biggest issue with the world today is capitalism. Hence why the bailout is our preferred route....

No government is, or can be perfect. But we do have our ideas of best.

I also believe in sacrificing the few the save the many. Which sadly our court system doesn't.

What we really need is a new form, built from the ground up, that allows the masses to be taken care of, without letting them run themselves into the ground. One that supports freedom, but limits the opinion of the masses a bit. The masses are stupid as hell.... Look into the "how dumb is she" thread. You know she votes right?
We have some identical viewpoints. I personally don't find capitalism to be the problem, but rather the crooked politicians on both sides of the rope that brought the US to their knees economically. For instance the CRA, it is common sense to not lend money to people who do not have the means to pay it. This inspired many of the issues today. The only people that benefited from the CRA in the end was government, and politicians.

I find government to be the root of most of today's problems. Unfortunately we do not have a true form democracy right now. I don't believe I was able to vote for the last stimulus.

Adams

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
There was an engine that got something like 80 mpg developed back in the 40s. Govt bought up the plans, claimed they lost em....
I call BS on that one!
Sorry, if the technology was there for something like that, GM or Ford or whoever had it would be throwing it out there right now. They don't have the money to not pull out all the stops to try to get sales.

If it were true, we would see that design today. Once something like that gets developed, the engineers who did it don't forget. It or something very similar would be released by now...its just not true.

Right up there with the tornado intake, 100mpg carbs, and blinker fluid.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://www.courant.com/business/ny-cars-jdpowereliable0319-pg,0,1543284.photogallery

Buick and Lexus tied for the number 1 spot... Mercury and Toyota in the next 3.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/buying-advice/who-makes-the-best-cars/overview/

Among domestic automakers, Ford continues to improve in reliability, and some of its cars now rival the best from Japan
Posting a blog isn't a news source (A blog that tracks multiple years instead of tracking the industry today)

I didn't say Japan wasn't outdoing us before... but to think that is the case today is absurd.

Adams

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I call BS on that one!
Sorry, if the technology was there for something like that, GM or Ford or whoever had it would be throwing it out there right now. They don't have the money to not pull out all the stops to try to get sales.

If it were true, we would see that design today. Once something like that gets developed, the engineers who did it don't forget. It or something very similar would be released by now...its just not true.

Right up there with the tornado intake, 100mpg carbs, and blinker fluid.

Its just one of the many conspiracy theories lol I entertain them because of the thousands of them, I believe more are actually right than we think!

Hell think about the crap they were finding that hitler had after WW II, amazed the crap out of the US. If you think our government is showing its hand with the kind of technology it has, you are seriously mistaken. The tech we get is a good 5-10 years behind theirs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.courant.com/business/ny-cars-jdpowereliable0319-pg,0,1543284.photogallery

Buick and Lexus tied for the number 1 spot... Mercury and Toyota in the next 3.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/buying-advice/who-makes-the-best-cars/overview/

Posting a blog isn't a news source (A blog that tracks multiple years instead of tracking the industry today)

I didn't say Japan wasn't outdoing us before... but to think that is the case today is absurd.

Adams
That is this years consumer reports. Over the past decade, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, and Nissan/Infiniti have consistently put out vehicles at or near the top of the class.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Its just one of the many conspiracy theories lol I entertain them because of the thousands of them, I believe more are actually right than we think!

Hell think about the crap they were finding that hitler had after WW II, amazed the crap out of the US. If you think our government is showing its hand with the kind of technology it has, you are seriously mistaken. The tech we get is a good 5-10 years behind theirs.
Oh, I believe they have technology that is far ahead of what we know today. I don't believe it has much, if at all, to do with internal combustion engines. Especially technology that was "developed in the 40's".

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I believe they have technology that is far ahead of what we know today. I don't believe it has much, if at all, to do with internal combustion engines. Especially technology that was "developed in the 40's".
I admitted it was a crackpot theory. Thats like the naval ship that vanished when they surrounded it by magnetic coils and turned them all on in hopes of finding a way to mask detection. Supposedly an entire US navy ship dissapeared from existence. Well teleported.

Though that has some credibility to it. It is recorded history that something wacky happened.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread60003/pg1

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is this years consumer reports. Over the past decade, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, and Nissan/Infiniti have consistently put out vehicles at or near the top of the class.
Are we ignoring 2009's reliability report? Cause honda wasnt even listed on JD power. Lexus/Buick, Toyota, Mercury.

The question is.. have you driven both? I have, and find America builds solid, and foreign feels like crackerjack boxes.

Again, Where are the 50's/60's toyota's on the road?

Adams

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Are we ignoring 2009's reliability report? Cause honda wasnt even listed on JD power. Lexus/Buick, Toyota, Mercury.

The question is.. have you driven both? I have, and find America builds solid, and foreign feels like crackerjack boxes.

Adams
I have driven a Chevy cavalier, a Toyota, and a Honda Civic.....The civic is by far the best car I have driven, including various other cars I have driven.

All the other ones died on me

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have driven a Chevy cavalier, a Toyota, and a Honda Civic.....The civic is by far the best car I have driven, including various other cars I have driven.

All the other ones died on me
I thought the civic was terrible. My favorite ride has been the Lincoln Mark VIII to date.

Adams

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Adams
Yes, I have. I've driven a Ford Taurus, Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, Pontiac Grand-Am, and a Buick Century. Out of those, the Altima was easily the best vehicle.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Ford is on the turn around into a really respectable brand. Its shocking what happens when a company can do something right.

If you drive a truck, Ford first but then the new Tundra are my picks. Dodge is up there as well.

Personally, I drive a fast car.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought the civic was terrible. My favorite ride has been the Lincoln Mark VIII to date.

Adams
That is a great comparo...lol

Drive a neon, and then drive a Lexus gs430 and tell me which is more enjoyable..

Come on..lol

American CARS are junk..lol I like Adam Corolla's quote " I don't know anyone smart who drives an American car."

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And?

Because these cars weren't even imported into this country till the late 50's, and in extremely small amounts..lol

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I agree partly here RJ, but you have to remember, this isn't the 80's and a nice portion of the foreign parts are now built in the US by american hands.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree partly here RJ, but you have to remember, this isn't the 80's and a nice portion of the foreign parts are now built in the US by american hands.
They're also assembled in Mexico and Canada. My Sentra was assembled in Mexico.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
They're also assembled in Mexico and Canada. My Sentra was assembled in Mexico.
Another major issue. In order to receive bail out money, the entire company workforce should be in the U.S.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

Adams
toyota makes more parts in america than any other auto manufacturer :)

besides, its not GM's fault that they made heavy cars with bad mileage, and they went bankrupt when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon. that's someone elses fault :)

when anyone purposely sabotages their own companies lineup (remember when GM made Geo?), there's a jail term that should reflect their actions. IMO.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
toyota makes more parts in america than any other auto manufacturer :)

besides, its not GM's fault that they made heavy cars with bad mileage, and they went bankrupt when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon. that's someone elses fault :)

when anyone purposely sabotages their own companies lineup (remember when GM made Geo?), there's a jail term that should reflect their actions. IMO.
What about Saturn? It's under GM and has some of the best MPG and the cars are cheap and reliable. I've owned 2 Saturns that I used for driving to work everyday. Both had great gas and reliability.

You can argue for days about car brands, and who has a million miles on what motor, but it all comes down to how you drive and how you take care of your car. Over 70% of Americans cannot change their own oil or air filter even. So instead of spending $25 to get it professionaly done, they just forget about it and keep driving. When their car finaly breaks down they blame it on the manufacturer.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can argue for days about car brands, and who has a million miles on what motor, but it all comes down to how you drive and how you take care of your car. Over 70% of Americans cannot change their own oil or air filter even. So instead of spending $25 to get it professionaly done, they just forget about it and keep driving. When their car finaly breaks down they blame it on the manufacturer.
It doesn't always come down to that.. I have seen a TON of interiors falling apart, rattles, electrical issues, and other general problems that are not greatly influenced by driver.

Oh and FWIW, i had a 93 civic hath i used as a beater, it had 130k on it, i NEVER changed the oil, EVER. Not because i couldn't, but rather i wanted to see how long it would go. Sometimes when i was braking, the oil light would come on, i'd add some oil, and that was that. To add insult to injury i beat the living piss out of it..lol

I had zero problems with that car, and put over 60-70k miles on it, in the 3-4 years i had it.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think Ford's quality has improved over other domestic brands, but still doesn't match Toyota or Honda. Plus, Toyota and Honda vehicles don't depreciate anywhere near as fast as the domestics.

Americans do make these cars. I know the Camry is made in Kentucky, and that they have a plant in Georgia also. No auto workers unions in those states. So more of your dollar goes to R/D (which lead to better quality and innovation) when you buy a Toyota because they don't have the high labor costs.

GM might declare bankruptcy, close up shop in Michigan, and then re-open shop in another state with more favorable labor laws.

Who knows. I want our money back though.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
My father still has his 95 F-150 Work truck. I used to beat the **** out of it on the powerline trails back home. Anyways he changed the oil every 40k miles. To this day it still has the original motor, transmission, and drivetrain and over 400k miles on it. I can't give you the exact mileage due to the fact that the odometer stopped rolling over at 399,999 miles haha. Anyways just wanted to share that little story.