Arnold Schwarzeneggers New Guide to Modern BodyBuilding

1. Arnold Schwarzeneggers New Guide to Modern BodyBuilding

Anybody read this. just curious who has and who hasn't, i read some of it at a buddy's house not to long ago. and it was full of great info that you can understand. i highly recommend it.

2. Do you mean "The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding?"

That's like the Bible man! Packed with great info and Arnold's stories are the best...

3. Just remember, when you get a pump its like cumming!
    •   

4. Exactly what made this guide "great" for non-competitive, natural builders???
    I still have to find those who followed his 12-15 sets per bodypart routine and got good results with it. Indulge me, if you can.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    Exactly what made this guide "great" for non-competitive, natural builders???
    I still have to find those who followed his 12-15 sets per bodypart routine and got good results with it. Indulge me, if you can.
    I did...and still do on some things.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    Genetic freaks.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    The volume is slightly high, but mostly the frequency. good grief. I use a toned down version of his program and that has been the basis of my physique. You do the whole thing like he says hitting chest 3 times a week ect and you will die a slow death - probably even if you are on steroids. Arnold was a freak.

8. he was a genetic freak. but still a beast

9. Those routines in the book are off the hook, but if approached with common sense are very effective.

10. right now i am taking his chest routine and using it once a week, (with some added lifts to bring up the intensity) and his back routine on back day,( with some added lifts) and arm routine on arm day ETC. eather way i only work a muscle group out once a week. i just incorporate his workouts into them because i believe that they could be quite effective.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Matt6969 View Post
    right now i am taking his chest routine and using it once a week, (with some added lifts to bring up the intensity) and his back routine on back day,( with some added lifts) and arm routine on arm day ETC. eather way i only work a muscle group out once a week. i just incorporate his workouts into them because i believe that they could be quite effective.
    They are tried and true. Don't tell Mike Mentzer i said so! RIP mike.

12. Sorry to bump an old post, but I just got a free gift card for Borders and saw some people recommend this book.

Is there a difference between the paperback version and the hardcover?

Hardcover says revised and published in like 1998 while I see Barnes and Noble has a paperback that says it was published in 2007.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...Schwarzenegger

I'd prefer the hardcover but if the paperback has newer revised information then I guess I'd have to go with the paperback...

13. True, iDSha, this goldmine of information should not be left unpurchased.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 03:42 PM
  2. Arnold's "Enclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding"
    By Manimalia in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 07:36 PM
  3. Arnold cuts ties with Arnold Classic
    By HobbesAB in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 09:54 AM
  4. Arnold's Encylopedia of Modern Bodybuilding