Why I get discouraged

BigJack87

Awards
For me I get discouraged because I'm an ecto. F*ck I hate it. If they ever come up with a way to change that with genetic engineering I'll be first in line... or if that myostatin blocking pill thing ever gets a little cheaper I'm gonna be all over that.

Anyway in the last 2 months I think my heaviest weight was 173.5... something right around that. I'd have to go back and look at my log to be sure. Right now I'm sitting at 163 with clothes on. Havn't lifted in about 2 weeks and money has been SUPER tight. I mean I'm living off cereal and toast! You can't grow with that!

So the reason I get discouraged is because ever since I started lifting at 15 years old... It's been a never ending cycle of this. I'll go through a good time where I can get some food and all the hours in th gym will pay off. But then I'll get tight on money and I can't get the food so I lose weight again. DAMN IT! If I could just keep a good steady diet for 6 months I'd be f*ckin' huge. Well not compared to most of you, but compared to what I'm used to :laugh:

This is why I havn't touched PH's yet. Because all the work and benefits are gonna be destroyed as soon as I hit a rough financial spot. Which with my luck would happen mid cycle!

Anyway I just needed to vent lol. I got me a good payin' job now maybe I can get out of this never ending up and down cycle and break that 190 mark!

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
good luck bro, stay focused. im an ecto as well and it took me a few years to go from 155 to 199 right now.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
concentrate on the cheaper things for bulking. natural peanut butter is fairly cheap, chicken breast i can usually find on sale. at raley's right now, i found 73/27 ground beef at 10 bucks for 10 pounds. just gotta shop around brotha.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I live on $120 a month for food. It's not that hard, you just need to be creative and shop around.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get chicken breast 50% off sometimes at smart and final :)

Its all about eatting for cheap, go find a girl that likes to cook and hangout with her friends to eat to. (Thats what I do)

I would agree on eatting cheap stuff to bulk I mean it doesn't have to taste good at all haha just stuff your face then drink a shake after :)

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
...girls cook? I'm sure you must not live i America.

tattoopierced1

get a sam's club membership..thing will pay for itself very quickly. I go through chicken breasts from there like I breathe air, and you get alot more chicken for the same price you get in most grocery chains.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Bulk tubs of cottage cheese, bags of chicken breasts, and peanut butter to name a few. Like mentioned before, get a Sam's membership. You can buy all these bulk at Sam's.
I understand, it tough to stretch that dollar. Also you could pick up some inexpensive protein powder like ATW, to have for first thing in the morning or pre and post workout.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I live on $120 a month for food. It's not that hard, you just need to be creative and shop around.
Gimme your diet man, I am zero in the money format. I would love to be able to find foods that will let me keep my weight easier.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
idk if this is gonna help but its how u carry ur weight sean sherk weighs 155, gsp weighs 170. percy harvin weighs in around 180. make sure ur getting protien and eat watever else u get ur hands on lift heavier do more cardio u will put on mass.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
god damn... i live more like on $120 a week.

What's your diet man?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Man, it's not much more of a Utopia for an endomorph. When I cycle off a diet due to whatever reason, I put on the fat due to the improper diet.

the real solution is to always find alternatives. For example, if you used to buy Tuna in Cans before... you should change it to buying frozen Tuna from the street markets (which is a lot cheaper).

And as Suncloud said, buy it all in bulk. Thank god for me, i'm not in a financial crisis at the moment.. but if i was (amongst other problems like rent and bills), first thing i'd do is consider buying everything in bulk.

And as an ecto, can't you maintain muscle and fat by eating bad calories at maintenance level.. ?

For me I get discouraged because I'm an ecto. F*ck I hate it. If they ever come up with a way to change that with genetic engineering I'll be first in line... or if that myostatin blocking pill thing ever gets a little cheaper I'm gonna be all over that.

Anyway in the last 2 months I think my heaviest weight was 173.5... something right around that. I'd have to go back and look at my log to be sure. Right now I'm sitting at 163 with clothes on. Havn't lifted in about 2 weeks and money has been SUPER tight. I mean I'm living off cereal and toast! You can't grow with that!

So the reason I get discouraged is because ever since I started lifting at 15 years old... It's been a never ending cycle of this. I'll go through a good time where I can get some food and all the hours in th gym will pay off. But then I'll get tight on money and I can't get the food so I lose weight again. DAMN IT! If I could just keep a good steady diet for 6 months I'd be f*ckin' huge. Well not compared to most of you, but compared to what I'm used to :laugh:

This is why I havn't touched PH's yet. Because all the work and benefits are gonna be destroyed as soon as I hit a rough financial spot. Which with my luck would happen mid cycle!

Anyway I just needed to vent lol. I got me a good payin' job now maybe I can get out of this never ending up and down cycle and break that 190 mark!

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
i had never heard the terms ectomorph or endomorph before coming to this forum!

Sounds like I'm a lot like the TC, an ectomorph... eat whatever and pretty much stay at the same weight regardless of what you do. I was stuck around 180, 185 for the longest but recently put on 10 lbs over the past 6 months. How? I think it happened because I started working my legs.... I had always neglected them and then I started doing squats, leg press, calf raises a lot more often and I put on some weight and it stayed on.

I've also been doing a pre-workout and post workout All The Whey shake pretty regularly (before I would do it every now and then, and usually never a pre AND post workout).

So... that's what I did and got a little more mass on myself. Honestly, I'm happy having a high metabolism... I'd go crazy if I had to constantly worry about gaining weight!

It's not a curse dude, it's a blessing.

BigJack87

Awards
I mean I'm glad I'm not an endo... but to be a meso would be soooo nice!

And I seriously havn't even had 120 a month... which is why I've been living off cereal and toast! But I'm def. gonna be hittin' up sams club soon!

I HATE being smallll!!!!!!! :frustrate:

Anybody seen hugh jackman from the newest xmen movie? F*ckin' ripped! We kinda look alike facially but as far as body he's way bigger than me. Of course he probably had the best of the best helping him train and diet.... and PH's/steroids probably played a roll.

Anyway, heres to april 26th... When I start over, and hopfully keep it going in these economically troubled times!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I mean I'm glad I'm not an endo... but to be a meso would be soooo nice!

And I seriously havn't even had 120 a month... which is why I've been living off cereal and toast! But I'm def. gonna be hittin' up sams club soon!

I HATE being smallll!!!!!!! :frustrate:

Anybody seen hugh jackman from the newest xmen movie? F*ckin' ripped! We kinda look alike facially but as far as body he's way bigger than me. Of course he probably had the best of the best helping him train and diet.... and PH's/steroids probably played a roll.

Anyway, heres to april 26th... When I start over, and hopfully keep it going in these economically troubled times!
My biggest weakness as well. I grow fast when I have the food. Right now, I am lucky to keep green beans, oatmeal, lean beef patties around. Almsot outa my protien shake too....

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
food comes before everything. if you don't have it, you die!

im jus playin, i understand where youre coming from. just keep working hard, and try to be cost effective when shopping, like buying in bulk, as mentioned.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
food comes before everything. if you don't have it, you die!

im jus playin, i understand where youre coming from. just keep working hard, and try to be cost effective when shopping, like buying in bulk, as mentioned.
I am going to be looking for a big hank of beef on sale. I figure 10 lbs of beef would last me 2 weeks. Add in a loaf of bread every week, plenty of green beans, a bag of chicken breasts every 10 days, natty PB, and I cna mooch eggs from people....Throw in at least 2 protien shakes a day. lol I think water is the most expensive thing!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me I get discouraged because I'm an ecto. F*ck I hate it.
trust me, being on the other end of the scale is no better, i've been ruthlessly trying to get to just seeing clean outlines of abs for well over a year no

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
dude..if your refering to bottled water.its the biggest waste of money ever. Just buy a brita, and get a thermos or something. bottled water is so expensive because of the plastic and packaging. the water you get from your brita is no different.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
dude..if your refering to bottled water.its the biggest waste of money ever. Just buy a brita, and get a thermos or something. bottled water is so expensive because of the plastic and packaging. the water you get from your brita is no different.
Dayum! I just went to the Brita Website! I will take 2 refrigerator pitchers! 4 gallons per filter.... jeeze thats about 40 days for me :D TEN HUT:drillsergeant:

see I wa used to the old school filter systems from yesteryear.....like 6 piitchers and the filter is done, LOL.

This...this could be niiiiiice. I would probably need 2 though lol. Sheer consumption, plus my family....Interest has been peaked :cheers::privateeye:

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
its definitely worth it...i drink about 2 gallons of water a day. I couldn't imagine paying for that in the grocery store :insert smiley face getting bent over and f#c%ed:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
its definitely worth it...i drink about 2 gallons of water a day. I couldn't imagine paying for that in the grocery store :insert smiley face getting bent over and f#c%ed:
:moon::hump:

please dont give em anymore smiley ideas! I mean look! :eek:p::bukkake::06:

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
hahaha, i havent ever seen the bukkake one . thats terrible